+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 430 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I guess what people hear and see is very subjective, not only here but even in the articles I read about the idols. Well, whatever.

I think Carrie has star quality & a beautiful voice to match. She may not have a bubbly or dramatic personality but that doesn't mean she doesn't connect with what she's singing. How do people know that anyhow in a 90 second song???

She seems to have the same problem Anthony has in that neither of them has developed a "stage" persona. Stage personas are often fake. (Anthony tries but he comes off cheesy). The few moments we got to see Carrie during the group sing gave us a taste of what she will be like once she off the AI stage, and I can't wait.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    Bo is great at what he does...the only problem I think is it is the SAME week after week. Rock is the only thing he does well..I guess since we have never heard anything but. Getting so tired of the mic swinging and the hair swirling technique (same with Con).
    And what's wrong with that? The versatility factor is so overblown. Does Simon's company really want a singer who can be a jack-of-all-trades but master of none? As long as the winner can appeal to a large enough segment of the CD-buying public for them to make a profit, that's all they really care about.

If it's truly all about the vocals (this IS a singing competition still), then who really cares about the mic, the hair or whether someone has "stage presence" or not? This isn't Broadway Idol.

FORT Fan
    Despite all her perceived as being
    1) Wooden
    2) No Emotion
    3) Without stage presence

Carrie sailed through another week, without entering the bottom 3.

In fact, she remains a frontrunner in the polls.

I think, her harshest critics must admit there this young woman posseses an attractive appeal to a large segment of America.

"Boring?" I think there a lot a fans out there, who would politely disagree.

Just putting in my two cents.

Is it me or do her Wednesday night results show outfits seem more stylish and befitting than her Tuesday night perforamce outfits? Maybe whoever's coaching her on what to wear should switch the days around.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Leo
    Premium Member
    I wonder how much of Carrie's lack of stage prescence (in some people's opinion) has to do with her lack of an instrument so far. It's not a whole lot to go on, but she looked very comfortable - the most comfortable I've ever seen her so far - last night during the group performance.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    i have never warmed to carrie until tonight when i saw her play the guitar. she looked like a folk/country singer/songwriter. she was so cute. was that too many /es?hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I wonder how much of Carrie's lack of stage prescence (in some people's opinion) has to do with her lack of an instrument so far. It's not a whole lot to go on, but she looked very comfortable - the most comfortable I've ever seen her so far - last night during the group performance.
    I have been saying that for weeks. I'm glad someone else picked up on it.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caragwapa
    i have never warmed to carrie until tonight when i saw her play the guitar. she looked like a folk/country singer/songwriter. she was so cute. was that too many /es?hehehe

I still didn;t think she was all that.. with the guitar it only gave her something to give attention too.. shes still rather lackluster to me.

She had a guitar!!!! Yay!!!! I hope that she continues using her guitar in her career after the show. (And she will have a career.) Did anyone else notice how good Carrie and Bo sounded together? They have to have a duet at least after the show! I think the reason Carrie looks better during results shows is because the contestants spend most of their "spending money" on Tuesday night attire. So she probably pick less expensive, more simple clothes for Wednesday, not realizing she looks much better in them.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by caragwapa
    i have never warmed to carrie until tonight when i saw her play the guitar. she looked like a folk/country singer/songwriter. she was so cute.
    You mean like this?

+ Reply to Thread