+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 430 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    I personally think Carrie did a great job last night. They complain that she is always too country, so she goes out of her box and what does she get....criticism for not being true to her roots MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!!! She looked beautiful and sounded great. She also moved around a lot more and connected with the audience. Sure she forgot a few words, but she covered that up nicely.
    I couldn't have said it any better. There are folks on this forum that are predisposed to hate her no matter what she does. I truly don't understand the no stage prescence label she has been saddled with. If she stands & sings she gets ragged while Nadia gets praised for the same thing. If Carrie actually goes into the audience people say they don't feel her while Vonzell gets praised doing for the same thing. Carrie is between a rock & a hard place. It is to bad that the person with the best voice gets so much hate directed toward her & I believe alot of it is Simon backlash as much as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    The thing that irks me most about Carrie is that she was already crowned winner before the competition started. Why have the show in the first place if you are going to announce who should win from the get-go? As far as her singing, I wince when she sings the high loud notes and I don't know why. It is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    So now you can start to hate on Constantine, afterall Paula has crowned him the one to beat.

FORT Fogey
    I think the biggest problem Carrie has is that she doesn't seem to connect emotionally with the songs -- and it leaves a lot of people in the audience feeling an emotional disconnect to her. There is more to singing than just hitting the right notes, unless you are trying out for a spot in the choir. Yeah, Carrie would probably be a good singer in a choir but as a solo performer she leaves a lot to be desired. She just doesn't have the passion in her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I couldn't have said it any better. There are folks on this forum that are predisposed to hate her no matter what she does. I truly don't understand the no stage prescence label she has been saddled with. If she stands & sings she gets ragged while Nadia gets praised for the same thing. If Carrie actually goes into the audience people say they don't feel her while Vonzell gets praised doing for the same thing. Carrie is between a rock & a hard place. It is to bad that the person with the best voice gets so much hate directed toward her & I believe alot of it is Simon backlash as much as anything.
    Yup, people hating her because she the Teacher's Pet (Simon's). I'd like the fact that she changed pace this week. She needed to because she's becoming boring and need a bit of spark. That being said, her voice rocked, her performance was energetic but you can still see the lack of confidence on stage. She's not much of a stage performer. Here's how I rank the remaining contestants for their stage presence:

1. Bo
    2. Constantine
    3. Nadia
    4. Vonzell
    5. Anthony
    6. Anwar
    7. Carrie
    8. Scott

If we're going to compare Carrie to anyone, it should be Kelly Clarkson. Kelly had some pretty raw talent, she was often uncomfortable dancing around the stage, and her appearance was pretty white-girl down-home. But she sang her butt off and eventually came into her own with confidence, and after that her stage presence totally appeared -- she even found an identity (even though her Miss Independent persona shifted to a more rock star style with the whole Since U Been Gone thing).

I can see Carrie riding to victory on her voice and looks, and finding out how to work a crowd just by doing it more. She could learn a few things from Miss Clarkson.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    but you can still see the lack of confidence on stage. She's not much of a stage performer.

I think her lack of confidence has to do with the fact that the judges *coughrandycough* are trying to pin her into the Country genre and when she tries something different they criticize her for not staying true to her roots while others get praised for switching it up. With a little work, I think she will be a great stage performer
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fanatic

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Uh...well...hmmmm. The teeny boopers and the Grandmas?

I know I am more than outnumbered and I could just stay quiet. But I loved Anthony's performance and if he is to leave at least he had his best performance in the finals! At least he has the class to listen to what Simon says and not talk back.

However, I do think Carrie will be in the Top Three!

It is Scott's turn to go home!
    Although I think it's Anthony's turn to go - I don't think he will - and I do agree he did a good job last night.

Actually this year - I like just about everybody in the final 10.

FORT Regular
    I thought her mechanical hip shaking was endearing, there is this air of innocence about her. :o

FORT Regular
    I liked her hairdo this week. She looked nice.

The dance moves looked like she was having seizure-like activity.

i have to give props to carrie tonight (haha like i'm randy). i mean after "alone" i became a fan... not a HUGE one, especially since simon says that she WILL win (kinda irked me there). but over the course of the finals (even with the country songs - that was strike one with me before), i started to really, really like her. and i clapped after i saw her performance last night. the last note started kind of weird, but i liked how she showed some attitude. it might have not been "real" but we got some emotion and she FINALLY walked all over the place haha! after "alone" that was my fav song of hers (and it's not even country hehe).

but, sorry if it's been asked so many times, where did she mess up? i don't know the lyrics, but what should she have said? also randy said that she messed up AGAIN? does that mean she did it before? anyways, go carrie! i KNEW that you were going to make the top 4 before... but now i WANT you to make it to the top 4 (along with constantine, vonzell, and maybe bo - again never a fan, then became a fan, but now somewhat slipping... but that's a different story hehe)

+ Reply to Thread