+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fanatic

Re: Carrie Underwood

Saw her on GMA this morning and she sounded great. I'm going to have my kids buy me the CD for mothers day, if I can wait that long! I liked the other song
    I heard from the CD other than Good Girl (like that too, had just heard it before). She started a 3rd one just before the cut out of the broadcast.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Carrie just announced her first tour of Australia this Summer....well Winter down there. Check it out! She ends up at the Sydney Opera House:

Tuesday June 26 Melbourne Palais Theatre www.ticketemaster.com.au
    Friday June 29 Tamworth TRECC Visit the Tamworth Region Home
    Saturday June 30 Brisbane Convention Centre Ticketek Australia
    Monday July 2 Sydney Opera House Sydney Opera House

Carrie came out of the gate pretty nicely.

Week Ending May 6, 2012. Albums: Carrie Makes Idol History | Chart Watch (NEW) - Yahoo! Music

Week Ending May 6, 2012. Albums: Carrie Makes Idol History

By Paul Grein | Chart Watch – 2 hours 54 minutes ago

Carrie Underwood this week becomes the first American Idol alumnus to land three #1 albums on The Billboard 200. Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry's band Daughtry have each had two. Underwood scores with her fourth album, Blown Away, which follows 2007's Carnival Ride and 2009's Play On.

Clarkson was the first Idol alum to land a #1 album and also the first to land two. But she missed out on the chance to become the first to log three when her current album, Stronger, debuted and peaked at #2 in October. (Chris Daughtry likewise missed out on the chance to become first Idol alum to land three #1 albums when his band's Break The Spell debuted and peaked at #8 in November.)

Underwood and Clarkson are, by far, the biggest stars that Idol has produced. Oddly, neither artist reached #1 with her best-selling album. Underwood's 2005 debut, Some Hearts, peaked at #2. Clarkson's 2004 sophomore album, Breakaway, peaked at #3.

Underwood has won more Grammys (five) than any other Idol alum. Clarkson is second with three. Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia have each won one. Underwood is the only Idol contestant to have won as Best New Artist (or even to have been nominated, for that matter).

In addition, Underwood becomes only the second female "core" country artist to land three #1 albums on The Billboard 200, following Faith Hill. Hill topped the chart from 1999 to 2005 with Breathe, Cry and Fireflies. (Linda Ronstadt also had three #1 albums in the 1970s, when she was a pop/rock/country powerhouse. Two of those three albums also reached #1 on the country chart. But Ronstadt was, at root, a pop/rock artist who was embraced by country, not the other way around.)

Blown Away also debuts at #1 on Top Country Albums, dethroning Lionel Richie's Tuskegee. All four of Underwood's albums have entered the country chart at #1. Underwood is just the second artist in the chart's 48-year history to debut at #1 with his or her first four albums. She follows Miranda Lambert, who achieved the feat in November. Two other acts (LeAnn Rimes and Gretchen Wilson) are runners-up, having debuted at #1 with their first three albums.

Underwood's album sold 107K digital copies, which puts it at #1 on Top Digital Albums. Taylor Swift is the only other female country solo artist to top 100K in weekly digital sales. Swift has done it twice. Five songs from Underwood's album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "Blown Away," which debuts at #22. Underwood performed the song on Idol last week.

Underwood is the only Idol contestant to have won as Best New Artist (or even to have been nominated, for that matter).
    For what award show? Didn't Scotty win two best new artist awards - one in 2011 and one in 2012?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    For what award show? Didn't Scotty win two best new artist awards - one in 2011 and one in 2012?
    The Grammy....

For anyone interested...Carrie performed a concert last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live & she also did a duet with Jimmy himself that was priceless. Click the link & watch 3 really good videos.

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...ht-show-6.html

From Kimmel last night.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It was inevitable! Carrie has arrived...

"Before He Cheats: The Sequel!"
    Misty8723 and razorbacker like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    For anyone interested...Carrie performed a concert last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live & she also did a duet with Jimmy himself that was priceless. Click the link & watch 3 really good videos.

Carrie to duet with Jimmy Kimmel tonight on the show? - Page 6
    I meant to watch when she was on. My daughter told me about the duet. Hilarious. Thanks for always keeping us updated.

Blown Away is the #1 album for the second week.

+ Reply to Thread