+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Just doing a bit of looking back during this bit of down time for Carrie.

One of the very first public appearances she made after winning Idol was in NYC when there was a benefit/tribute concert for Heart. Carrie was asked to sing a duet of Alone with Ann & boy did she do herself proud. It was her birthday that night & Ann presented her with a cake onstage. Here is the performance.

Carrie Underwood and Heart - Alone - YouTube

And, here is one from her fan club party in 2007. How incredibly tough it must be to hit those notes while seated on a stool!

Carrie Underwood - Heart's "Alone" (live @ fanclub party in Nashville 2007) - YouTube

Carrie won 3 more awards last night at the CMT Awards including Top Female Performer of the Year. To go with the 6 from last year she now has 9 of those blue guitars to hang on the wall. Scotty was the breakout artist & Kelly Clarkson won for her duet with Jason Aldean.

FORT Fan

Hey Razorbacker do you know when Carrie's next album will release?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778 View Post
    Hey Razorbacker do you know when Carrie's next album will release?

Thanks!
    No date has been announced yet. She is still putting finishing touches on it. She did say they are ready to pick the first single, don't expect to hear anything new until after all the Christmas music winds down though.

Also, I suspect it won't be to long after the first of the year until we start to see concert dates announced.

realityfan778,

Carrie just blogged the below message on her fan club site. It should answer some questions for you & whet the appetite for new stuff:

Howdy everyone,

Well, I'm done...

Yesterday was my last day in the studio (other than one more background vocal session sometime next week and pending I like how everything else sounds). We wanted to make sure I was done before Christmas so Mark and Derek can put it all together and I'll can listen to everything over the holiday down time. I am really excited about what we have. I think we're almost locked in on a first single. It's between two songs. One, we got in early on and have loved it for a long time. The other is a more recent co-write that blew everyone away later in the game. Either way, I'm excited. They are both amazing songs. I think I've even landed on an album title. Of course, I'll let you know when everything gets finalized.

I see that there are some rumors circulating about an album release date. Well, I don't even know when that will be, so I highly doubt anyone else can speculate. I promise you that I'll let you know as soon as I can! I'm talking the second we've got it figured out and I can blab, I will most definitely blab!

I did a photo shoot earlier this week for some new single art and possibly for the album packaging itself. I think it turned out really great! I can't wait to see the pics! It's all coming together now...new songs will be out before we all know it and we'll be well on our way!!! I can't wait for you all to hear it!

Well, I just thought I would update you on what was going on...I hope you are all enjoying the days leading up to Christmas! I still need to start on my presents! I haven't had time lately...I know, I'm behind!

xoxo, Carrie

I thought some might like to see this:

Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Carrie Underwood donates $350,000 to hometown schools

Over the holidays, Carrie Underwood donated $350,000 to schools in her Checotah, Okla., hometown. The donations, given through Carrie's Checotah Animal, Town, and School (C.A.T.S.) Foundation, will go toward such items as new computer labs, playground and physical fitness equipment, band uniforms and instruments for music programs.
    "Late last year, each of the schools created a list of their needs, and I am so thrilled that the C.A.T.S. Foundation was able to fund it all," Carrie says. "It gives me great joy knowing we are helping my hometown schools to offer an even better education to the students. They deserve it."
    LuckyMom likes this.

I am hearing from multiple sources, that the next Aerosmith album due out in May contains a Country Ballad & features Carrie & Steven together.

Evidently it has just been announced that Friday Feb. 4th from the Pepsi Fan Jam at the Superbowl, CMT will be producing their CMT Crossroads show, starring Carrie & Aerosmith. This should be EPIC!

+ Reply to Thread