+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

It looks like they are pulling out all the stops for Carrie & Play On.

Country On-Demand :: News

Wednesday, September 9, 2009
    Carrie Underwood "Plays On" with forthcoming TV appearances

Carrie Underwood is gearing up for a big push to promote her new album, Play On, which hits stores November 3rd.

In addition to hosting the CMA Awards on November 11th, she will hit the American Music Awards stage just 11 days later.

Here's the current list of events planned (subject to change):

November 3rd - Play On Hits Stores!
    November 3rd and November 10th - (ABC) Good Morning America
    Street week - (syndicated) Live! With Regis and Kelly
    Street week - (CBS) Late Show with David Letterman
    Street week - (A&E) A&E Biography
    Street Week - People cover, USA Today cover, Country Weekly cover
    November 10th - (ABC) Robin Roberts pre-CMA Special
    November 11th - (ABC) CMA Awards
    Week of November 16th - (NBC) The Jay Leno Show
    Week of November 16th - (syndicated) Ellen DeGeneres Show
    Week of November 16th - (NBC) The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien
    November 22nd - (ABC) American Music Awards
    Month of November - Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra, etc.
    Month of November - Entertainment Weekly, New York Times, etc.
    Mid-November - Lucky cover (December issue)
    December - Self cover (January issue)
    February - Cosmo cover (March issue)

Carrie Underwood is the first country artist in history to achieve 10 #1 singles from her first two albums, and is the current reigning ACM Entertainer Of The Year. She is also a 4-time Grammy(r) winner and 3-time reinging ACM and CMA Female Vocalist Of The Year. Today she received 2009 CMA nominations for Female Vocalist Of The Year and Vocal Event Of The Year (with Randy Travis) for "I Told You So".

This is pretty cool.

Carrie Underwood is a special honoree of the Academy of Country Music

Carrie Underwood is a special honoree of the Academy of Country Music
    Carrie Underwood, the reigning Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year, will be honored at a special ACM HONORS event on September 22 in Nashville. Underwood will be among the special honorees in attendance that will be celebrated by the Academy. The event will be a special evening filled with musical tribute performances celebrating the winners from the 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. Along with Underwood, other honorees will include Randy Travis, Dolly Parton, Hank Williams Jr, Jerry Reed, and many more.
    Since releasing her debut album Some Hearts in 2005, Underwood has been on a winning streak with the Academy of Country Music. She has a total of eight ACM Awards under her belt, including three for 'Female Vocalist of the Year'.
    The Oklahoma native has just released a brand new single, “Cowboy Casanova” ,off her much anticipated new album titled,Play On, due out Nov. 3.
    Underwood may be only 26 but she has certainly become an experienced honoree for her age. In 2008, she fulfilled the dream of every country star by being inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, making her the youngest member to be inducted, at only 25.
    On Sept. 17 she will be placed into another chapter of country music history when she is honored by the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame at a special induction ceremony and concert to be held at the Muskogee Civic Center.
    While Underwood is regularly being honored she has still not forgotten to honor others herself. On Aug. 14 she honored the soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division by headlining a free concert for them at Fort Campbell.
    She has also recently placed her emphasis on the importance of honoring teachers by becoming a 2009 spokesperson for the Teachers Count Campaign.
    You can see Carrie Underwood honor her fellow country music artists when she co-hosts the 43rd Annual CMA Awards on Nov 11. with Brad Paisley on the ABC network.

Carrie had her CMT by invitaion only last night. According to those that were luicky enough to be there, here is the set list. Some old some new:

Last Name
    So Small
    Jesus Take the Wheel
    All American Girl
    Temporary Home
    Undo It
    I Told You So
    Mama's Song
    Cowboy Casanova
    Just a Dream
    Before He Cheats

Evidently Temporary Home is just a real tear jerker, many in the audience cried throughout. And Undo It was mentioned as a mega cross over hit in the making, maybe her biggest yet. Carrie co-wrote it with Kara.

Tonight is the night that Carrie is installed into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame. Congrats Carrie. Enjoy your spotlight.

A report from the Hall Of Fame Induction ceremony.

MuskogeePhoenix.com, Muskogee, OK - Carrie Underwood wows Civic Center

Carrie Underwood wows Civic Center

Checotah country star headlines Music Hall of Fame induction concert

By Cathy Spaulding
    Phoenix Staff Writer

Hundreds inside the Muskogee Civic Center arena cheered when the very first image of Carrie Underwood appeared on the screen at the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame Concert and Induction, held Thursday night.
    They kept cheering as the screen tribute said she was born in Muskogee and told of her journey through Checotah High School, Northeastern State University, Downtown Country, American Idol and one country hit after another.
    “Forgive me if I tear up a little bit,” the four-time Grammy winner and reigning Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year said as she accepted an induction trophy from OMHF president Max Boydstun. “There is absolutely no way I can be where I am if I hadn’t have been here first. I love where I come from and I thank you all. Now, if you don’t mind. I’d like to sing a couple of songs.”
    That’s when the audience erupted in whoops and whistles. Underwood sang and pranced her way through quite a bit more than a couple of her hits, capping off a full night of country, blues, rock and western swing at the 2009 Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame Induction and Concert.
    In addition to Underwood, inductees included Ramona Reed, who sang with Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys and keyboardist Rocky Frisco, a pioneer in the bluesy Tulsa Sound of rock. C.H. Parker, longtime music director at NSU and producer of aNSU’s Downtown Country and the OMHF concerts, was presented the 2009 Governor’s Award by Gov. Brad Henry.
    This was their show, too. Nearly 3,000 music lovers also cheered and whistled as Reed yodeled her way through “I Want to Be a Cowboy Sweetheart,” and when Frisco rippled his fingers across the electric keyboard during his song, “I’m Just Running from the Blues.”
    Underwood drew a huge number of fans, some wearing all sorts of Carrie Underwood T-shirts. Brianna Cole, 8, not only wore a T-shirt bearing her idol’s image, but also a Wildcats sweatshirt. Underwood attended Checotah High School and even sang about it with her hit “I Ain’t in Checotah Anymore.”
    One of the lines in that song says “Where the Wildcats beat the Ironheads,” a reference to the long-standing rivalry between the Checotah Wildcats and the nearby Eufaula Ironheads.
    The concert drew several Eufaula fans.
    Eufaula area resident Reatta Gartrell, who came to the concert with her husband, Buddy Gartrell, said that line “just makes us hoot and holler that much louder.”
    She said they live about five miles from Underwood’s grandfather, but haven’t been lucky enough to catch any glimpses of her around there recently.
    “We have been following her singing for the past seven years and we watched her on American Idol,” Reatta Gartrell said. “When she was doing Idol, we were in town there at the park and she did a couple of songs.”
    Gartrell said she brought a Carrie Underwood CD “just in case I can get an autograph from her.”
    In a press conference before the concert, Underwood said she has tried to keep up with news about the Wildcats, but it isn’t easy.
    I know they had a good season last year,” she said about the Wildcats. “And I know they took down a few Ironheads.”
    Underwood was not aware that Checotah trounced Eufaula 40 -0 last week. She let out a little cheer when told the news.
    She said she must make sacrifices to keep her singing career going.
    “Keeping up has been the hardest,” she said. “You have to make sacrifices for what you love. Sometimes you can’t see families and friends. I haven’t had a day off this month.”
    Even though it has been four years since American Idol, Underwood said “I look at my life every day in awe.”
    “When you grow up in a small town and you feel your opportunities are limited,” she said, crediting her family, her school, Parker and God with her success. Parker produced the Downtown Country shows that featured Underwood in the early 2000s.
    Underwood wore a flouncy above-the-knee dress, with one bare shoulder. She took the stage in stiletto heels, but kicked them off by the third song, “All-American Girl,” and sang barefoot.
    “One of the bad things about high-heeled shoes is that when you’re on stage, there are teeny tiny cracks that only a high heel can fit into,” she told the audience. “But this feels good.”
    Underwood also paid tribute to Parker, saying that he had an undeniable impact on Oklahoma music.
    “My heart is full of gratitude,” Parker said. “When she says something like that, it makes it worth being a teacher.”
    Reed, a native of Tahihina who performed with Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, got to perform with her two sons Thursday.
    “My, my, my,” Reed said when she received her award. “I am most proud of it, and proud I can still sing at my age, whatever that is.”
    Son Jim Paul Blair said he felt honored to play with his mother and with guitarist Tommy Allsup, a past inductee.
    “It’s just excellent,” he said. “It’s like a family reunion for us.”

There is a nice photo of Carrie & Randy at the link.

Carrie Underwood honors Randy Travis at the ACM Honors in Nashville (with pictures and video)

This Tuesday in Nashville, Carrie Underwood honored Randy Travis for his excellence in the country music industry over the past twenty-four years.

On the red carpet, I had the chance to ask Carrie Underwood about the show and her scheduled performance. When asked about her upcoming performance and if Randy would be joining her, Carrie replied with “Nah! He’s just going to sit back and enjoy...well, you never know! He likes surprising me!" Last year, Randy Travis surprised Carrie Underwood on stage while she was singingand invited her to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Since then, Underwood has stated that every time she sings “I Told You So” she’s always looking behind her to see if Randy’s planning on surprising her again. Tonight, Randy had no chance in surprising Underwood since he was sitting right in front of her throughout her entire performance.

Carrie also mentioned how nice it was to see faces that she didn't have the chance to see every so often. Like Miranda Lambert, Carrie was looking forward to meeting Patty Loveless and having the chance to see some of the biggest icons in the industry.

The entire night was a huge tribute to the greats in country music, names that paved the way for the artists today and the country music industry as a whole. For Underwood, many of these artists were people that she grew up listening to. The idea of performing in front of a room packed with the voices that inspired her to become who she is today musically must have been nerve-wracking, but Carrie handled it as a professional. Not only did she get through the song without a single sign of her nerves showing, but she proved to every single person in the room that when the 22nd Annual Academy of Country Music Honors comes around twenty years from now, there will be a room packed full of people honoring her and all that she has contributed.

It must be a strange life indeed when you reach the level of celebrity that Carrie has. She can't go anywhere anymore without someone tweeting that they saw her. This time she was caught in LA eating at a vegetarian restaurant & shopping at Saks. The paparazzi are all over it. Check out the photos: Notice her body guard is never to far away.

X17 Galleries - Carrie Gets Her Shop On

Something else for Carrie to be proud of.

Carrie Underwood gets 'Harmony' | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Carrie Underwood's trophy case is about to get fuller.

Carrie Underwood is getting recognition, but this time it's not from the Academy of Country Music or the Country Music Association — not yet again anyway.

The country star will be the recipient of the 2009 Harmony Award for the Nashville Symphony's annual Symphony Ball, 2009 chairwomen Mrs. James R. Dickson III (Dara) and Mrs. Samuel Bartow Strang IV (Perian) announced today.

The annual award recognizes "individuals who have demonstrated continued interest and support of music in Nashville … and contributed significantly to the development and appreciation of Nashville's musical culture." Martina McBride received the award at last year's ball. Other past recipients include Amy Grant, LeAnn Rimes, Michael W. Smith, Tony Brown, Mike and Linda Curb, Lyle Lovett, Trisha Yearwood, Dolly Parton, The Judds, Steve Winwood, Vince Gill, Chet Atkins and Rascal Flatts.

Underwood can add the award to her growing list. Aside from being the reigning ACM Entertainer of the Year, she is on a hot streak with female vocalist prize wins, taking the category three straight years at the CMA and ACM awards. The Grammy winner also is up for two prizes at the Nov. 11 CMA Awards, which she will host for a second year with Brad Paisley. Also between now and the ball, she'll release a new album, Play On,on Nov. 3.

The 2009 Symphony Ball will be Dec. 12 at Schermerhorn Symphony Center. This is the 25th anniversary of the invitation-only fundraiser.

— LINDA ZETTLER

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3711825;
    It must be a strange life indeed when you reach the level of celebrity that Carrie has. She can't go anywhere anymore without someone tweeting that they saw her. This time she was caught in LA eating at a vegetarian restaurant & shopping at Saks. The paparazzi are all over it. Check out the photos: Notice her body guard is never to far away.

X17 Galleries - Carrie Gets Her Shop On
    Carrie looks so different in some of the photos, very pretty, nice. Looks like she has gained a little weight which I think is great, she was very thin at one time.

Unfortunately there is no evidence that this will be televised.

Underwood, Robin Roberts help Opry fight breast cancer

Underwood, Robin Roberts help Opry fight breast cancer

Monday, September 28, 2009 – The Grand Ole Opry is joining the fight against breast cancer this Friday, Oct. 2 with "Opry Goes Pink," and it is getting help from ABC's "Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts, herself a breast cancer survivor. Roberts will be on hand as a special guest announcer for a portion of the night's first show.

Roberts will introduce acts as well as the Greater Nashville Affiliate Susan G. Komen for the Cure 2009 Honorary Survivor of the Year Tracie Shelby. On each of the night's shows, Carrie Underwood will take the stage to "flip the switch," turning the Opry's signature barn backdrop pink in support of the groups Women Rock for the Cure and Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The shows will also include performances from Underwood, Terri Clark, Jo Dee Messina, Lorrie Morgan, Mindy Smith and others as well as special activities recognizing breast cancer survivors and the continuing fight against the disease.

When fans mention the code OPRYPINK when ordering tickets via telephone or enter the same code when purchasing tickets online, $5 from the sale of those tickets will be donated to Women Rock for the Cure and the Greater Nashville affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

+ Reply to Thread