+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 430 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Are you saying Simon shouldn't do this? Paula actually stands, sways & applauds every time Nikko hits the stage. Fair is fair.
    Paula stands, sways, and applauds for just about every contestant, not just Nikko. Any fast song is a chance to relive her glory days as a Laker Girl. As delusional as she can be, I wouldn't accuse her of favoritism. Inarticulate use of euphemisms and tendency to react violently to a beat, yes.

I'm not saying Simon shouldn't clap for Carrie. He might as well. He's done everything but stamp "Winner" on her forehead. I was just expressing my surprise at this action. As tight as his shirts are, he never struck me as a cheerleader.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    I'm not saying Simon shouldn't clap for Carrie. He might as well. He's done everything but stamp "Winner" on her forehead. I was just expressing my surprise at this action. As tight as his shirts are, he never struck me as a cheerleader.
    I was a bit surprised myself. I viewed the tape three times and Carrie really was the best singer. Now if she could adapt some of Vonzell's personality and Nadia's energy - she'd make a good American Idol!

Although I do like Carrie, it's true Simon pimps her shamelessly (just can NOT forget him dragging carrie's name out one last time on that great performance by Jessica to end one show).

This girl still hasn't crawled out of her shell yet.

Looking at Kelly Clarkson performing today vs. a couple of years ago is pretty dramatic. On SNL she performed both of her current songs and pretty much owned the stage. I think Carrie will develop that skill in time. I try not to critcize the singers in A.I. too much for appearance and stage presense early on because I've seen dramatic changes in both over the weeks in each season. Look at Clay or Kimberley Locke in earlier weeks of season 2.
    Exactly! Remember she isn't 28-29 years old like some of these guys & I can improvement in her stage presence each week. I remember watching Kelly the first season & thinking to myself that she needs to loosen up & let it loose. I watched her the other day & it's like watching two different people. I think the longer Carrie stays on the show that we will all see a different performer than what we are seeing now.

Lex
    I may not be a Carrie fan, but I was very impressed that she tried something different with this week's theme. I'll have to rethink my opinion of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I may not be a Carrie fan, but I was very impressed that she tried something different with this week's theme. I'll have to rethink my opinion of her.
    I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone, but I am a Carrie fan & I was also glad that she stepped away from the country genre & showed that she does indeed have great vocal abilities. I would have been saddened if she had sang something from Oklahoma. I think this was the final downfall for Nikko. No matter the genre he found a way to R&B it. I liked him & think he has a future but he just didn't show much versatility. I see another final 2 like last year, the singer vs. the performer. Carrie & Constantine either one of which I can live with as the winner. Both have great futures ahead, & I must say I was originally for Bo but Connie shows more versatility every week.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I just can't get behind her. She seems so bland to me.

Yeah, Carrie is underwhelming. Like Paula (deviously) said: Carrie sings like "a well-oiled machine." Not too exciting.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    You know, Pillbeam, last night during the Ford commercial was the ONLY time I saw that fire in her eyes. Ain't seen it before....don't think I'll see it since, know what I mean?? She just seems mechanical to me in her performance. Sadly, I think there are thousands of Carrie's out there right now who could easily take her place. Pretty, good diction, nice control, safe, contained, boring. But that is just my humble opinion.

FORT Fogey
    Carrie could get up there and sing a newspaper with a blank stare and there will be people who say she was amazing... its no use. The judges want her to win.

+ Reply to Thread