+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Unfortunately, I'm coming to you at 10:15 this evening. There is a huge storm headed this way bringing straight line winds, massive rain & 2" hail, so they had to clear the stadium until it passes. Brooks & Dunn got to play, Reba played 3 songs & everything went on hold until the storm passes. But, I noticed they were already tearing down Rebas set & due to noise ordinances they have to finish by midnight anyway, so I figured if they get restarted at all, it will be only for a short time & only 1 or at the most 2 groups.Needless to say...I left. Bummer. Not only that, but it rained so hard this morning that the whole thing was delayed by an hr. until that storm passed. This is supposed to be the only day of rain, but it's June in Tn. so who knows.

Tomorrow acts include:

Megan Mullins, Bucky Covington, Oak Ridge Boys, Aaron Tippin, John Anderson, Eric Church, Craig Morgan & Clay Walker among many others.

At the stadium tomorrow night:

Luke Bryant, Little Big Town, Rodney Atkins, Lady Antebellum, Jake Owen, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, & a surprise special guest (still rumored to be Carrie).

Hopefully tomorrow is better weather wise, but this is the first time this has happened in 4 years so not to much to complain about I guess.

So I found out this morning that the show did indeed go on last night aftyer the rain (yesterday set an all time record with 2.6 inches of rain). However, they waited a full 3 hrs. before they kicked it back off at 12:30. Evidently I was totally mistaken about the noise ordinance. However, Reba did not finish her set, Julianne Hough & Rascal Flatts did not perform at all, only Darius Rucker & Brad Paisley stuck it out to the end & Dierks Bentley joined Brad on his set. The show finally wound up at 2:30. So all in all I'm pretty happy I made the decision to leave. 3 Hrs. under a roof with a gazillion other hot & sweaty people jammed in like sardines isn't all that appealing.

By the way, the surprise guest has been announced...nope, not Carrie...Kid Rock.

Wednesday night Carrie played in the annual charity softball game. She is quite the jock. She had a double, with a couple of RBI'S, scored a run & her Opry team won the game. If you are interested there are some great photos here:

Carrie Underwood took part in the City of Hope baseball game

By the way, Keith Anderson tells a pretty funny story about the night. He used to play pro baseball prior to his music career. He was on the other team & his competitive nature just got the better of him, so he asked to borrow a sharpie. When asked if it was for autographs, he sheepishly said "No, I want to draw a mustache on Carries poster, but don't tell her who did it."

Carrie, seems to draw love & admiration from all quarters.

By the way, she & Keith have been great friends since she began & she stated one time that if she ever needed anything, his was one of the numbers she could always call for help or advise.

Yesterday was great weather wise & music wise for that matter. The weather is looking pretty iffy today though. Keeping fingers crossed.

The stadium show last night was really good, but the stand out for me had to be The Zac Brown Band. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone pick an acoustic guitar as good as Zac can. It was simply a pleasure to watch & marvel at.

Some of the artists I'm looking forward to today:

Ty Herndon, Holy Williams, Tracy Byrd, Jason Michael Carroll, Jo Dee Messina, Jamie O'Neal, Keith Anderson, The Lost Trailers & Chris Young.

Tonight at the stadium:

Josh Turner, Jamey Johnson, Lee Ann Womack, Wynonna & The Judds are going to perform together, Trace Adkins, & Martina McBride.

There were a bunch of artists that had decorated & donated acoustic guitars to be auctioned off for charity. Yesterday was the auction. Carrie showed us her guitar at the fan club party & she put a lot of work into it, it was really nice & the price it got was really nice also...$9,000, the highest of the day. Followed up by Dolly Parton at $8,200.

Day 3 is here, it's 1/2 over..onward into the fray.

Great day yesterday. Today wraps up CMA Music Fest 2009. Waiting a whole year for something that passes so quickly, something just ain't right about that.

Last night by the way, we were treated to something very special, a reunion by The Judds. It was a very moving & heart warming event. By the time it was over Naomi was in tears & Wynonna was beyond psyched to be back on stage with her mama. Good stuff, that you get only at CMA Fest.

Music on tap today:

Bo Bice, Joe Nichols, Jessica Harp, Eli Young Band, Darryl Worley, John Michael Montgomery, Josh Gracin, among many others.

Tonight on the big stage:

Jack Ingram, Heidi Newfield, Montgomery Gentry, Miranda Lambert, John Rich, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney & a surprise unannounced guest (rumored to be either Carrie or Keith Urban.)

I'm sunburned, tired, & ready to go again next year.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 06-14-2009 at 09:29 AM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3497077;
    By the way, the surprise guest has been announced...nope, not Carrie...Kid Rock.
    What a letdown! Thanks for your reports, razor. Interesting reading!
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I'm home & CMA Fest 2009 is history. But, I'm looking forward to 2010 already.

Last nights stadium show was really good, almost everyone was superlative. The exception being Taylor Swift, & it's not that she wasn't good, it's just that it was all about the show instead of the vocals. She is really affected on stage with hair flips by the dozens & poses by the bunches. But, her target audience loves her & she & her team are truly expert at pushing the right buttons. The surprise guest was Sugarland.

Carrie didn't perform this year. It was the weekend of her Mothers 60th birthday & she chose to celebrate it with the whole family. Can't say as I blame her for that one. Besides, I did get to see her perform 3 separate times during the week & the Fan Club concert was well worth the trip to Nashville on it's own.

As the week drew to a close Kenny Chesney sent everyone home with smiles on their faces. The rain on Thursday was the only draw back to a great week of music & entertainment.

I took lots of photos, so hopefully they will be worth sharing.

I have many photos from CMA Music Fest. I'll try to put up a few at a time, they won't all be Carrie, but the week is all about Country Music & the artists. Hope you like them.

This one is a shot of part of the crowd waiting for her to enter the building at autograph time. The crowd never diminished for the whole four hours.

Here is one as she enters the signing area. They have to rope off an area for her to walk through. They have to do this only for Carrie & Taylor Swift.

And here is a good one. Someone evidently surprised her with something.

Can't see the pics...

I see them. They are great pics razorbacker! Who is that guy at the table with her? Anybody special?
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread