+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3404340;
    On my way here, I accidentally fell on the wrong page - an early Carrie Underwood page when she was on the show (2005 when I didn't even know there was a FORT!). I was amazed to read some of the slams against her. I realize she's not everyone's taste, but after the awards she's won it's hard to deny her talent and marketability. Wonder what some of those people think now?
    I didn't like her then and I still donít like her now.

I always found it painful to watch her stand there like a deer in headlights. I disliked how she had to make everything a country song... thatís not the idea of this show.
    Now donít get me wrong she HAS come a long way... I admit im not a huge fan of country music... She still needs someone with a clue to tell her whatís not good to wear to an event, she has some style issues. She needs to eat a pizza (still WAY too thin) and she still has some wooden moments while on stage. She never should have remade Home Sweet Home, its not a good fit for her voice at all.

I never once disputed that she could sing; I felt on the show that she wasn't the whole package at the time.

Carries success has a lot to do with her looks and the fact she sings country. As someone mentioned before be it here in this thread or anotherÖ Country fans are VERY loyal and fierce about it.. they will buy the concert tickets, cds, t-shirts, etc.. they are not as fickle as the rest of musicís fans when talking about mainstream music.

Carrie came around at a time when they needed her as well, it was win win for both of them. Country got a fresh all American girl face to push it back over to the mainstream pop charts much like Faith Hill had done years before, and Carrie was welcomed with open arms to the music that she loved and stood by all thru her American Idol journey. That earned her a lot of loyal fans.

I say good for her.. and wish her all the best.. but please stop making a fool of yourself at hockey games Carrie!!!!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3408963;
    I always found it painful to watch her stand there like a deer in headlights. I disliked how she had to make everything a country song... thatís not the idea of this show.
    For me it is exactly what the idea of the show is. How does each contestant make a song from a specific genre or theme into their own style? They should always be trying to paint a picture of the artist they would be IMHO. Carrie never planned on being anything but country, so why not adapt the songs to fit that?
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I disliked how she had to make everything a country song... thatís not the idea of this show.
    According to the judges it is. You stay true to who you are and you make the song your own. How many times do you hear them blast a contestant for not doing that?
    ,, they will buy the concert tickets, cds, t-shirts, etc.. they are not as fickle as the rest of musicís fans when talking about mainstream music.
    Tell that to the Dixie Chicks.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3409175;
    According to the judges it is. You stay true to who you are and you make the song your own. How many times do you hear them blast a contestant for not doing that?
    As often as I have heard them say "that was not the idea of this weeks theam" or "You have one style what are you going to do if it is ABBA week?"
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3405149;
    Many people still don't like her and claim that she can't sing. I read some comments on a country board this morning and someone said that Carrie screams and Taylor can't carry a tune. While I have very little opinion of Taylor one way or the other, I think we all know that Carrie is winning a lot of awards for someone who only screams. I don't like ALL of her songs but enough other people must. I think that Carrie is a real class act. That white dress with the band around the bottom doesn't do much for me. That band looks like a huge garter.
    Fortunately for Carrie she has more fans than haters. The dislikers, don't think there are that many.

Here is a nice radio interview with Randy Travis where he has some really nice things to say about Carrie.

KILT - Houston - Randy Travis on "Idol" and KILT.com

Just a reminder that today is the Oprah Winfrey show dedicated to Country Music. Carrie, Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker & Sugarland are appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3412791;
    Just a reminder that today is the Oprah Winfrey show dedicated to Country Music. Carrie, Kenny Chesney, Darius Rucker & Sugarland are appearing.
    I absolutely LOATHE that woman but I may have to watch said horrid woman's show to see Carrie
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3412791;
    I almost deleted my season pass of this show since I never watch it, only had it for when people on here mention specific shows and it's people I want to see. Guess this is why I decided not to cancel the pass!! Thanks for letting us know about it (or reminding as the case may be).

Carrie sounded & looked really good today. She sang Just a Dream & when she hit the really big note, I swear the camera got so close it went right down her throat. It was a good all around show. All of the artists were on their games, & they are all really likable people. I didn't know that Kristian Bush from Sugarland is from the Bush Baked Bean family & he has been playing fiddle since he was 3.

During the conversation between Oprah & Darius, they agreed that Country music is the new soul music, where the song is the story & where the singer/songwriters are allowed to live & do what they do best.

+ Reply to Thread