+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Carrie Underwood

I don't think there are any legitimate news reports to link to, but evidently Travis Stork (from The Bachelor: Paris) had backstage passes to meet her after a show in Topeka recently. So now the word is that they're dating. Of course, this could be the typical gossip rags making a mountain out of a molehill.

Here is an interesting take on writing with Carrie from one of her collaborators.

A Star Behind Carrie Underwood: Luke Laird | CMT Blog

A Star Behind Carrie Underwood: Luke Laird

Luke Laird has every right to act like a big shot. But since he co-wrote two of Carrie Underwood’s latest No. 1 hits, he’s indulged in just one luxury. “I paid off my truck,” he told me.
    This is how brilliant songwriters stay brilliant, I think. They write songs that regular people relate to because they are regular people. Not pretentious or narcissistic. Laird is a seriously normal guy. Just one who has a catalog of about 500 songs under his belt. And one who stays cautiously optimistic. “You never know when you’re gonna get another hit,” he said about his reluctance to blow all his royalties. “If I ever had too much debt, that would really kill my creativity.”
    Last year, when Laird sat down with Underwood and writer Hillary Lindsey in a little house on Music Row, they came up with two way-above-average songs. When I asked him if there was a formula to writing hits, Laird said that there are always different angles you can write from. “When we wrote ‘So Small,’ it just started as a musical thing,” he said. “But then on ‘Last Name,’ that came out of a story Carrie told us.”
    He said writing with Underwood, instead of just for her, was very cool. “We always knew if she was digging the song,” he said. She must have dug the whole experience, because in her liner notes from Carnival Ride, Underwood thanks the writers who helped show her the ropes. But Laird appreciates the experience, too. “I can’t even describe how validating it is. For music to be my whole life,” he said, “and now to have it be my job.”
    He has been writing since he was just a kid. But it wasn’t until after college, and his first job as an assistant tour manager for Brooks & Dunn, that Laird made it official. Now songwriting is a fulltime job for him, and he says he write five days a week to meet his quota. And will he work with Underwood on her next album? “I’ll wait by the phone so I can write for her,” he admitted.

Something for you West Coasters to bid on that will do some good for someone.

Meet Carrie Underwood L.A.11/05, Cntr Orch Tickets - eBay (item 180296923791 end time Oct-16-08 12:50:00 PDT)

Check it out..Current bid $1,025.00

Carrie Underwood Nokia Theatre Concert VIP Experience

Through all the awards, record sales, chart-topping hits, a non-stop schedule, and incessant media attention, Carrie Underwood has become one of country music’s greatest female voices. Through all of her newfound fame and American Idol fame, Carrie has gained a reputation for having a genuine likeability that, when combined with her enormous talent, can explain the phenomenal nature of her success. American Idol’s Simon Cowell had predicted during the competition that she would win and that she would outsell all of Idol's previous winners and he was right on both counts. Carrie’s debut album, Some Hearts, is the biggest-selling American Idol album to date, selling more than 6 million records in the U.S. alone. Her debut CD, Some Hearts, released in 2005, has been the best-selling female country album of 2005, 2006 and 2007. Carrie hit #1 with every single she has released to date, and has won two Grammy® Awards as well as a host of trophies from the AMA, ACM, CMA, People’s Choice and Billboard, among many others.

About the Experience:
    Here is your chance to meet Carrie Underwood at her Los Angeles concert at the Nokia Theatre on November 5th, 2008. The winner will receive VIP treatment with preferred parking at the Nokia Theatre, 2 pre-show meet and greet passes, and two tickets in the orchestra center. America’s favorite idol will be belting out all her hits as you and a friend enjoy the show from just 10 rows away!

Note: Attendees may be subject to a background check. If the winner or guest fails the background check, they forfeit the prize. Please bid accordingly. Show date is November 5th, 2008 and if for any reason the show is cancelled, best efforts will be made to give similar experience or a full refund, depending on the situation. The winner may take personal photos and bring something to sign. The winner will be contacted after the auction closes with details on how to redeem the experience on the night of the show. This package may not be resold.

For some reason the above doesn't mention it, but the proceeds of this auction goes to The Habitat for Humanity. You have to click the link to read it.

It has been awhile since I put up a review of Carrie in concert, so I thought it was about time. She has been getting some truly incredible notices on the latest stage of the tour. Like this one.

Metro - Underwood delivers a stunning vocal performance at Metro Centre

Underwood delivers a stunning vocal performance at Metro Centre

PHILIP CROUCHER, METRO HALIFAX
    October 14, 2008 05:00

Carrie Underwood saved the best for last — which was no easy feat.

After delivering a wowing 90-minute performance that was high-energy and a vocal masterpiece, the blonde-haired beauty returned to the Metro Centre stage on Sunday night and knocked her encore out of the park.

Sporting her fourth different outfit of the evening — a black leather coat and black hat with stylish blue jeans — the country singing superstar showed her versatility by rocking it out with her band to Paradise City by Guns ’N Roses.

It was a truly believable performance, and it set the stage nicely for her final song of the night, Underwood’s hit single Before He Cheats, which had the sold-out crowd of about 9,000 to its feet and singing along to every word.

Underwood, who launched her career in music by winning American Idol in 2005, played all of her hits in the close to two hour show, from All-American Girl and Last Name, to So Small and Some Hearts.

She also sang the hits Jesus Take The Wheel and Just A Dream, which were both co-written by Cape Breton’s Gordie Sampson. Underwood paid homage to the talents of Sampson before singing a breathless rendition of Just A Dream, which mesmerized the audience and brought several people in the crowd to tears.

Underwood’s singing was simply outstanding throughout. Her seemingly effortless ability to hit every note couldn’t go unnoticed, as Underwood sounded as good live as she does on her own CDs.

But her singing wasn’t the only thing winning over the audience. Underwood came across as a grounded superstar, speaking openly with the crowd on several occasions, even admitting to not being very good at making small talk.

As she put it, I don’t get this “free-styling thing.”

She also talked about being single, and her difficulty in finding the right guy. The 25-year-old offered advice to the single women in the crowd by saying if you’re struggling like her, do what she did and get a dog.

Finally, as she sang the final verses of Before He Cheats, orange and red confetti was shot into the crowd. Underwood then waved, said good-night and left to a well-deserved standing ovation.

There is going to be a new museum opening to showcase the Grammy's. Over the course of time there have been many incredible artists who have won the award either once or in some cases many many times. Click the link below & see who's photo is the first to appear in the announcement.

The GRAMMY Museum :: Opening December 2008

Carrie was in NYC today to unveil her Wax likeness at Madame Tussauds.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

WOW! They did really good on that!

And I love her shoes on her "legit" person
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

As of this morning Carrie's streak is alive & well. Just a Dream has just become her 8th consecutive #1 hit.

For those of you that don't know, Carrie is performing tomorrow night in my home town. Our local radio station just mentioned that she will be the first artist to ever take the stage in this area & do so with the current #1 on the charts.

I got to see Carrie & Little Big Town last night. I finally got a camera, now I just have to figure out how to get the photos out of the camera & onto this thread....maybe eventually.

Anyway, I am struck by how much she has grown as an entertainer in the months since I saw her last. The vocals are always just incredible. I am constantly amazed at how effortless she makes hitting those big notes look. But when she hits them the rafters shake. And when she came back for the Guns & Roses encore, the place erupted. She is much more comfortable in her own skin now & her rapport with the audience is really charming & uncanned like a lot of performers. She always has a new take & it is always pretty funny. Last night she told the audience how she used to sing in Arkansas a lot as a kid, but there would only be about 7 people there & only 4 of them were actually listening. When a section of the audience screamed, she said "And that's the four of them right there."

She sold out all the original tickets & the arena released 300 more at the very top in the very back, those also sold, so they release some obstructed view seats & there were only about 20 of them left with about an hour left before show time. The merchandise area was absolutely swamped. I bet she easily sees an extra $15,000 - $20,000 a night just from Tshirts.

If she comes to your area, do yourself a favor & check her out.

+ Reply to Thread