+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2427050;
    I read this morning that Tony wanted to "bench" their relationship for the football season. Didn't see any mention of Simpson, but if it's true that he dumped Carrie for Jessica, the man has no class. Good riddance.
    It must be halftime or something, because Tony & Carrie were spotted together in Dallas on Friday night. This person has lot's of nice photos & articles if you are interested click the link:

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Thanks for the link, Razorbacker.

Good Morning from Nashville & the first report from CMA Music Fest.

Yesterday was Carries Fan Club Party & let me tell you she laid it out. There were 500 people invited & once we made it inside the building we waited in the foyer for the concert hall to open, but she provided food & drinks for everyone. Inside, the concert stage was set up with 5 stools & 2microphones. She did an acoustic set of all 4 of her hits beginning with Jesus Take The Wheel & continuing in order through Wasted. Then to finish off, we had all been given an opportunity to vote on the song we would like to hear & the vote came out in favor of Alone. It was an absolutely astounding stripped down version & let me tell you the notes the girl can hit & sustain while remaining seated on a stool is pretty hair raising.

She followed up with about 20 minutes of Q&A from questions that had been submitted via the Fan Club website. She then had to leave for about 30 minutes to go across to the Opry to do soundchecks for the upcoming nights appearance. While she was gone they put us together in groups of 5 so that we could go meet her, talk to her & get photos taken. Then on the way out of the building when they handed us the photos they also gave us all a gift bag. Inside was an autograhped poster with the announcement of her appearnace at the Opry. There was also a personal note thanking everybody for attending her first fan club party & telling us how much she appreciates us. Now the true surprise was in the bottom of the bag. Everyone got a silver picture frame ingraved with the ocassion & the date. No one needed to look for that special frame for the photo anymore, she had provided it for us.

All of this was free by the way, she paid for everything. And it was a really special day for everybody. I believe it was a special day for her as well, As her Dad was there to see it all. The first time he had been around any of this. It is the only fan club party that I have heard of being free.

On to the Opry. I hope some of you had an opportunity to watch. So I'll just say that Carrie was the headliner & the only person to do 4 songs. She ended the night with a hair raising performance of JTTW & the audience went nuts. The standing ovation went on long after the curtain had closed. Yesterday was a great start to what promises to be a wonderful week.

Today, Brad Paisleys fan club party & then the official kick off street party & concert this afternoon.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Wow! I'm a little envious. What a talent and a class act.

great report, razorbacker!!! Hopefully we'll get to see that picture posted here when you get home.... right????

FORT Fanatic

hey razor keep us posted with the fests. maybe some day i'll end up going to one since my cousin is bugging me to visit him and his family (live about an hours drive east of nashville). hopefully more reviews from you and some pics...

side note: im pretty sure it was posted here some time ago about a radio dj making a spoof song of before he cheats and there was a link to it. well, r&b singer Joe did a male version of before he cheats, pretty much called before I cheat. liked it a lot. not one of those opposite answers but an owning up kind of version. its on yahoo videos...the Pepsi smash section cover art. where artists cover songs. i love this section cause most cover artists you won't expect.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Howdy again,

Well yeaterday was Brad Paisley's Fan Club party & the official kick off street party, I wasn't there at the time but Brooks & Dunn showed up unannounced & performed. Brads party was good but I tell you the difference in his & Carries party was night & day.

Carrie did an intimate 5 song acoustic concert. Brad did a full blown concert. He played a few old songs, but concentrated mostly on the new album & played all of it except Oh Love. That is the duet with Carrie & since she wasn't there he didn't play it. He hasn't done much of the new stuff live before so the band didn't even know some of the songs. He did a few of them accoustically by himself.

Carrie had a Q&A session. Brad didn't.
    Carrie took time to meet everybody, shake hands, offer hugs, take photos. Brad was in & out the back door, no meet & greet at all.
    Carrie provided free food & drinks. If you wanted anything at Brads, you had to go to the concession stand in the Ryman & pay through the nose.
    Carrie gave us gifts & notes of thanks for attending. If you wanted something from Brad you had to buy it from the merchandise stand.
    Carries was free. Brads was $15 plus all the exhorbitant Ticketmaster fees.

Two different ways of doing things, but they were both good. I thnk Carrie just showed a whole bunch of class.

So today is the official beginning of the music with Terri Clark opening the festivities on the downtown stages in about an hr. Some of the other artists apearing this afternoon include, Craig Morgan, Jamie O'Neal, John Anderson, Jake Owen, Blaine Larsen, Daniel Peck, Eric Church, Bucky Covington, Trent Tomlinson, Daryl Worley, Sarah Buxton, Neal McCoy & others.

Then we move to the Stadium show tonight for a two song opening acoustic set by Jason Michael Carrol, then Trace Adkins, The Wreckers, Dierks Bently, Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, & end the day with Reba.

Looking forward to it. I'll talk to you tomorrow....hopefully.

Premium Member

Is this what used to be called Fan Fair? I always thought it would be a blast to go down for that.

razorbacker, did you get a picture with Carrie? You should post it if you did. Or even any pictures you might have taken.

Sounds cool, razor! Thanks for the updates. Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing pictures.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2432897;
    Is this what used to be called Fan Fair? I always thought it would be a blast to go down for that.

razorbacker, did you get a picture with Carrie? You should post it if you did. Or even any pictures you might have taken.
    This is what was once Fan Fair, it is now CMA Music Fest. I did get a group picture with Carrie, but I don't have a scanner to post it & I don't have a camera to take any of my own. Maybe next year. But I am here with a whole bunch of folks from Carries fan club & I will get some photos sent to me through email & I will post (or have someone help me... Ahem...bbnbama). Anyway, hopefully I should have a buch of good stuff. Everyone should try to make this event at least once. I paid ony $155 for the four days worth of concerts. Less than $1000.00 including Hotels & everything. Al the performers do it for free & all the proceeds go to Nashville High Schools for instruments & music curiculums.

Reba plays tonight & there is supposed to be a special guest with her. Rumor is that it is Kelly Clarkson.

By the way you guys should see the 60' photos of Carrie & Brad Paisley on the walls of the convention center. I'll try to get some of those to post as well.

+ Reply to Thread