+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Carrie Underwood

Thanks razor. I can't wait to see her. She is a beautiful woman and so sophisticated
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Before He Cheats just continues the march up the charts. Here are some stories from Billboard today.

It climbs 3 spots to #8 on the Billboard Top 100

Billboard Singles Charts - Billboard Top 100 Songs - Billboard Top 100 Singles

BILLBOARD HOT 100 - TOP 50

2 1 MAROON 5 MAKES ME WONDER - SINGLE
    1 2 T-PAIN BUY U A DRANK (SHAWTY SNAPPIN)
    3 3 AVRIL LAVIGNE GIRLFRIEND
    4 4 TIMBALAND GIVE IT TO ME
    13 5 DAUGHTRY HOME
    7 6 HUEY POP LOCK & DROP
    6 7 BONE THUGS-N-HARMONY I TRIED - SINGLES
    11 8 CARRIE UNDERWOOD BEFORE HE CHEATS
    14 9 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SUMMER LOVE
    8 10 FERGIE FEATURING LU GLAMOROUS

Taking longer than any song ever to get there.

Maroon 5 Flip-Flops With T-Pain To Rule Hot 100

Maroon 5 Flip-Flops With T-Pain To Rule Hot 100
    Maroon 5

May 24, 2007, 10:30 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    After being dethroned last week by T-Pain's "Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin')," Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder" returns to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It's the first song to rebound to the top since Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" in July 2005; the move was fueled by digital sales of "Makes Me Wonder" after the band's recent appearance on "American Idol."

Despite losing its perch on the Hot 100, where it slides to No. 2, "Buy U a Drank" remains No. 1 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for a fourth consecutive week. Back on the Hot 100, Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" holds at No. 3, while Timbaland's "Give It to Me" featuring Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake stays at No. 4. Daughtry's "Home" jumps from No. 13 to a new peak of No. 5.

Huey's "Pop, Lock & Drop It" inches up 7-6, while Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" rises 11-8, completing the longest climb to the top 10 in chart history after 38 weeks. The songs breaks the longevity mark of 36 weeks set by Creed's "Higher" in the July 8, 2000, issue.

And gaining Platinum Status along the way.

Billboard Singles Charts - Billboard Top 100 Songs - Billboard Top 100 Singles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

She was my FAVORITE performance of the finale. She was so gracious during her speech when they presented her with the award. congratulations to her. I hope her success continues along with her humbleness
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

They have been pretty slow in announcing Carries concerts for this summer, but it begins tonight & tomorrow night in Atlantic City. And this one was just announced. Talk about a big box office. $800,000 for a sell out. Geez.

Six additional nights of concerts have been finalized for the 16,000 seat AT&T Concert Series at the Mohegan Sun Grandstand for the upcoming New York State Fair in Syracuse.

Sunday, August 26 Carrie Underwood with Special Guest Rodney Atkins
    $55, $50

581 State Fair Blvd. Syracuse, NY 13209
    Phone (800) 475-FAIR or (315) 487-7711 | Fax (315) 487-9260

This is an article about Brad Paisleys upcoming album that contains the duet with him & Carrie. He has some nice things to say about her. Here is an exerpt:

Paisley in overdrive with "5th Gear" - Yahoo!Xtra News

Paisley in overdrive with "5th Gear" - Yahoo!Xtra News

The new album features a duet with Carrie Underwood on the song "Oh Love." Underwood toured with Paisley last year, when the two would sing "Whiskey Lullaby." When he needed a female voice for the new duet, Underwood was a natural choice. "I'm a huge fan of her singing. She's just tremendous and deserving of everything she's getting," he says. "When I heard that song, it flipped me out, (especially the line) 'Strong like a mother holds her child.' If that doesn't appeal to me at this point, I don't know what does."

I absolutely fell in love with Carrie now, look at her! She's gone a total 180 degrees image makeover, sold over 6 million album and she's down to earth... and she's blonde!!! How not to love her man!
    All Hail Omarosa

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Roman White is the guy that has directed all of Carries videos. If you want to see some nice photos of the two of them accepting awards together, & some on the scenes photos click the link below. If you just want to read some nice words from him then read on.

ROMAN DOES WHAT?

SWEET!!! We had a fantastic time at the awards show and Carrie was gorgeous, funny and simply amazing . . . as always! The show was awesome too and the whole trip was a blast. I can’t wait to do it again and thanks so much to everybody who voted! I also have to give HUGE props to everybody involved in the making of this video. It was an exceptional experience and I could not have done it without you. THANKS AGAIN!

Things have been hectic since the CMT Music Awards, but I wanted to send a HUGE congrats out to Carrie for taking home Best Female Video and Best Video of the Year! We had a blast making Before He Cheats and she really deserved it. I was also fortunate enough to win Director of the Year for the same video and wanted to thank EVERYBODY who voted. It was a great night, and I couldn’t have shared the honor with anybody better. I truly love working with Carrie and it’s been amazing to be a part of her journey, but even better to get to know her. She rocks, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for her. Thanks again everybody!

When I first wrote the treatment for “Wasted” I really wanted to do something completely different than anything we’d done before as far as Carrie’s music videos go. I truly believe we’ve raised the bar each time, creating different looks with each piece and this one is no exception.
    I’m incredibly proud of this piece. It’s artistic as well as beautiful, and I can’t wait for it to premiere next week. Carrie once again delivered an exceptional performance and her natural beauty and wonderful spirit completely shine through.
    I’ll be adding the final video to my site soon, but in the mean time, be on the lookout for the world premiere on a TV near you!

Carrie had 2 shows in Atlantic City this weekend. She was the first artist to appear in this new theatre. Here is the press.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/l...81766p-7376722
    c.htmlQuote:

The hottest tickets
    Sun, sand, surf are fine. But here's where you go to rock
    By REGINA SCHAFFER Staff writer, (609) 272-7211
    Published: Sunday, May 27, 2007

ATLANTIC CITY – Carrie Underwood and country music are simply made for one another.

Underwood, who performed for a sold-out crowd Friday and Saturday nights at Caesars' Circus Maximus Theater, offers herself as perhaps the perfect country package. She is pretty, wholesome, likeable and — this one's a rarity among "American Idol" alums — humble. Which works out great, because it's much more fun to hear the nice girl sing about slashing the tires of her cheating boyfriend's "souped up four wheel drive" before singing a song called "Jesus Take the Wheel."

Gotta love country.

While the season four "American Idol" title indeed belongs to Underwood, it's really "American Idol" who hit the jackpot with this one. Her album, "Some Hearts," has sold more then 6 million copies to date, making her the most successful Idol of the six-year series.

Friday's concert at Caesars marked exactly two years to the day since Underwood was voted that year's Idol, singing her winning single, "Inside Your Heaven," and secretly hoping the sparks going off behind her wouldn't singe her hair.

"I thought my hair was going to catch on fire," Underwood, with a slight southern drawl, told the crowd during Friday's show. "Let's thank the dear Lord that didn't happen."

Stepping on stage for her first concert appearance since January, Underwood appeared almost surprised that people were there to see her (an interesting reaction for a multi-platinum CD selling singer). Wearing a simple, blue paisley dress and brown knee-high boots (there wasn't a single costume change), Underwood kept the focus on her voice.

"Woo! I'm still so nervous," Underwood said. "But you guys are awesome. You're making me feel a lot better."

Underwood is definitely still trying to find a level of comfort on the stage. Her banter with the crowd, when veering away from anything besides the standard "How's everyone doing tonight?" was a bit awkward – even unnecessarily apologetic at times.

"Now we're going to do some covers … if that's alright with you?" Underwood said.

One wonders how Underwood would react if the fans said it wasn't.

But … then there is Underwood's voice — that pitch-perfect, powerhouse of a voice that doesn't require apologies. Her seemingly effortless notes practically soar above the live band, especially when singing her current radio hits "Wasted" and "Some Hearts." Those tunes, by the way, come from that Shania Twain genre of country you can actually hear on top 40 radio stations – all part of the marketing genius behind Underwood's career success.

Underwood used the opportunity of doing covers to flex her rocker chops, covering not one, but two Guns N' Roses hits – "Patience" and a surprisingly excellent rendition of "Sweet Child O' Mine."

"Out of all the songs I do, that's the hardest," Underwood said of the latter tune.

But Underwood's own songs are, for the most part, sweet ballads and songs of love lost. The most edgy song in Underwood's catalog, her current hit "Before He Cheats," brought another apology from the star.

"I almost didn't do that song, I thought it was a little too violent," Underwood said.

"Of course, I don't condone violence," Underwood said with a shy smile. "Resolve your issues peacefully."

Oh, come on.

Although, there is something to be said for Underwood's attitude – it appears to be genuine. The singer made sure to touch every hand that reached out to her, waved to anyone in the crowd who would wave at her, high-fived a guy in the front row after singing "Before He Cheats," and even posed for a picture with a fan while singing, not missing a beat. Before heading off stage, she stopped to give a little girl a drum stick, shrugging her shoulders and telling the crowd, "She wanted a drum stick!"

There was only one minor glitch at the end of the show, when Underwood's mic cut out while singing "Some Hearts," (and again briefly during her encore of "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore") but the problem was quickly fixed. If Underwood even noticed, she certainly didn't show it.

"I have had the most wonderful two years of my entire life," Underwood said. "Thank you for voting for me … you're amazing and you're the reason I get to do what I do."

Here is a list of Carries concert appearances that have been announced so far. I’m sure the list will grow once the new album is complete & the first single hits the airways. Anyway, for those of you in Canada & the Northern Middle of the US, she’s coming to your area pretty extensively.

06/05/07 Nashville, TN, Grand Ole Opry
    06/21/07 Oshkosh, WI, Country USA
    06/23/07 Farwell, MI, Country Fest 2007
    07/13/07 Merritt, BC, CA Merritt Mountain Music Festival
    07/15/07 Craven, SK, CA Craven Country Jamboree - Canada
    07/19/07 Twin Lakes, WI, Country Thunder
    07/21/07 Harrington, DE, Delaware State Fair
    07/28/07 Dixon, CA, Dixon May Fairgrounds
    08/02/07 Detroit Lakes, MN, WE Fest
    08/04/07 Camrose, AB, CA Big Valley Jamboree
    08/26/07 Syracuse, NY, New York State Fair
    09/08/07 York, PA, York Fair Buy Tickets