+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I just have to let you guys know that I wasn't a big fan of Jesus Take the Wheel, but I down loaded it and I absolutely LOVE it. It is one of my favorite songs and right now it is my song for my myspace page
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Such wonderful news about all the idols, but Carrie really is special.....

I loved her and Bo.......yet, my son predicted Carrie would be the best selling AI winner of all time and that she would be around for years.....like Reba, Dolly, The Judds, etc.......looks like he may be right!

Chris (followed closely by Elliot) has been our second overall fav, so I'm glad to see he is holding his own....

The Holiday week has played havoc on getting the official sales figures, but they have finally been made available. So just to keep things accurate here ya go.

4 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 292,246 Total 4,586,750

And on the singles front, Wasted has moved into the Top 40 & sits at #37. Even though we are 6 weeks from an official adds date. This song may be Top 20 before many of the Country Stations even begin to play it. XM 16 has been playing it for a while now. A couple of mornings ago, Jon Anthony, the DJ, played it & when it finished he said” That was Wasted & it is another great song from Carrie Underwood. It’s easy to see why this album has sold over 4 million copies, it is just one great song after another.”

Happy New Year everybody. I hope 07 is great for all of you.

Just a brief couple of updates this morning.

First on the digital downloads. It requires 500,000 to qualify as a Gold record & 1,000,000 for Platinum. Country music fans tend not to do much downloading, so as can be seen by the list below only 4 songs have reached Gold status, with 2 others soon to get there. So Carrie is in pretty rare company.

RASCAL FLATTS BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD 804477
    RASCAL FLATTS WHAT HURTS THE MOST 801714
    RASCAL FLATTS LIFE IS A HIGHWAY 832730

CARRIE UNDERWOOD JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL 703907
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD BEFORE HE CHEATS 404872

DIXIE CHICKS NOT READY TO MAKE NICE 487094

One other interesting thing. GAC has been showing the top performances of the year at the Grand Ol Opry as voted by the fans. The #1 performance this year was Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie. It was the same night that she did Stand By Your Man, & for me that was the most astounding of all, but the vote was fro JTTW. Carrie continues to wow the fans.

I guess I should have added that all 3 of her music videos made the Top 50 of the year with Don't Forget To Remember Me & Jesus Take the Wheel both ending in the Top 10. JTTW finished #2 behind Trace Adkins HonkyTonk Badonkadonk.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 01-01-2007 at 09:36 AM.

It was a truly brutal week for sales across the spectrum. It seems as though Christmas being on a Monday greatly affected things in a most negative manner. For example the #1 album this week was by Omarion & it sold a paltry 119,392 & there were only 4 albums that surpassed the 100k level,so just by looking at those numbers you know everyone else is going to be down big. Carrie was certainly no exception to this. Some Hearts fell from 4 to 15 on the Billboard Top 200, but she remains at #1 on the Country Charts with just shy of 66,000 sold for the week.

15 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 65,889 Total 4,652,639

Wasted has moved to #34 on the Country Singles chart & has seen some nice gains in Airplay, but since the label is asking for Feb. 5th adds date some stations won’t begin to play it until then. So it looks as though word of mouth & fan requests are maintining it for now.

And Before He Cheats has re-entered the Top 20 songs on the Billboard Hot 100. The highest Country song on this chart.

17 CARRIE UNDERWOOD BEFORE HE CHEATS

BHC also had a whopping 186% increase in Digital sales coming in at 96,938 for the week. This makes the song Officialy Gold with 501,810 total downloads.

Yeah....two thumbs up for Carrie!

Carrie, Jennifer Hudson, and another female Idol are on the cover of a magazine talking about their weight losses. I don't remember if it was People so if someone knows for sure, could you post the link?

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2196248;
    Carrie, Jennifer Hudson, and another female Idol are on the cover of a magazine talking about their weight losses. I don't remember if it was People so if someone knows for sure, could you post the link?
    It was US magazine and the link was posted in the Most Popular Idol thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2195327;
    Here's a link to the pictures of Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Katharine McPhee, Taylor Hicks and Ruben Studdard before and after their AI days.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/how_idols_got_thin

Thanks, Unkle, I don't read that thread, so I'm grateful you came in here and answered my question. I tried to vote (I think Jennifer made the best of her weigh loss) but couldn't figure out how. Oh well, CARRIE looks fabulous, as always.

Thanks, again!

Carrie is all over the year end Billboard Charts. She has 19 entries on 17 different charts. 12 of those Top 5 or better. Not to bad for a rookie.

#15 Top Artists
    #5 Top Artists - Female
    #5 Top New Artists
    #2 Top Billboard 200 Artists
    #1 Top Billboard 200 Artists - Female
    #1 Top Billboard 200 Albums (for Some Hearts)
    #14 Top Internet Albums (for Some Hearts)
    #35 Hot 100 Artists
    #78 Hot 100 Songs (for JTTW)
    #20 Hot Singles Sales (for IYH)
    #2 Top Country Artists
    #1 Top Country Artists - Female
    #1 Top New Country Artists
    #2 Top Country Album Artists
    #1 Top Country Albums (for Some Hearts)
    #3 Hot Country Songs Artists
    #5 Hot Country Songs (for JTTW)
    #13 Hot Country Songs (for DFTRM)
    #37 Hot Country Songs (for BHC)