+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

There was an article in Us Weekly about Carrie's dramatic physical transformation since being on the show... The AI stylist said that she was a size 6-8 while on the show, and now she is a 2-4, and he fears that perhaps she is losing a little too much weight, and someone else countered saying that she looked great, and that she has lost weight because of swimming, and the fact that she burns so many calories during each performance. She is a beautiful girl, but I do admit seeing her a couple of times on TV this year and thinking she was on the verge of being too thin...
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2184299;
    She is a beautiful girl, but I do admit seeing her a couple of times on TV this year and thinking she was on the verge of being too thin...
    I was discussing the very same thing with my daughter last night. I thought she looked fine during the show.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've also made the comment a few times about how teeny tiny she had gotten but I do think that traveling and touring constantly probably does contribute to her losing the weight AND keeping it off...she's a vegetarian so I wouldn't think she's tanking up on "bad" foods alot either.

She looks gorgeous...as long as she doesn't get to looking like Nicole Ritchie or Kiera Knightley then I'm not going to be too terribly concerned!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well a little over a week ago I had the opportunity to experience first hand just what a ruptured appendix & all the follow on emergency surgery & recovery was like. Let me tell you, don’t try it out if you don’t have to. So today is the first time in a long time I have had the opportunity to get on a computer & I was just floored when I saw the Final Soundscan numbers for the week. Carrie sold an astonishing 199k units for the week, moved into Number 6 on the Billboard Top 200 & once again retains the #1 spot on the Country album charts.Total sales are now just shy of 4.3 million. She has now sold well in excess of 500k since being certified at 4X Platinum.

6 CARRIE UNDERWOOD SOME HEARTS 199114 Total 4294504

Before He Cheats is still hanging at #6, while Wasted has moved to #45. I wouldn’t expect to see much true action on Wasted until after the Holidays & all the Christmas music has worked it’s way through the systems, but it has been announced that the song will officially go for ads on Feb. 5 & it did move up 6 spots this week anyway, so you just never know. Country radio seems to love whatever Carrie does & supports her fully.

Oh, razorbacker... sorry to hear about your medical emergency! Hopefully you're recovery is quick!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Regular
    I wondered where you were...I missed your updates. Take care of yourself!

I had the Dallas game on yesterday and heard that the Dallas quarterback "Romo" (from my area in Wisconsin) was talking to Carrie before the game and she was in his families box seating area during the game. Are they dating? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb;2187191;
    I had the Dallas game on yesterday and heard that the Dallas quarterback "Romo" (from my area in Wisconsin) was talking to Carrie before the game and she was in his families box seating area during the game. Are they dating? Anyone know?
    According to Romo, they are dating. No comment yet from Carrie. But, she chose to go watch him play on Christmas Day instead of going home to be with family. I think that says something??? By the way she was in the owners box, Jerry Jones has a bit more sway that Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2187212;
    According to Romo, they are dating. No comment yet from Carrie. But, she chose to go watch him play on Christmas Day instead of going home to be with family. I think that says something??? By the way she was in the owners box, Jerry Jones has a bit more sway that Tony.
    Thanks razorbacker. From what I hear from those that know Tony...he is a nice generous guy. He is from Chocolate Town USA, Burlington, Wisconsin home of Nestle's Chocolate

There was some discussion a few days back about Carrie & whether she had lost too much weight. I think she looks better than she ever has, but I found the following article. Thought some of you might like it.

http://ifitandhealthy.com/carrie-und...-diet-workout/

Quote:
    Carrie Underwood: Weight Loss, Diet and Workout

We cannot get enough of Carrie Underwood. Can you blame us? Her voice… Oh, that voice is simply sensational.

Although we have recently posted about Underwood’s diet and workout (see Carrie Underwood: Workout and Diet), the current issue of Us Weekly magazine, has some additional details:

Carrie’s Dramatic Weight Loss.

The sexy Idol stepped out at the December 5 Billboard Music Awards looking surprisingly slim.

The makeover. “She’s definitely gone down a few sizes,” Carrie Underwood’s stylist, Trish Townsend, tells Us of the 5-foot-4 American Idol Season 4 champ, who was a size 6 when she was a contestant on the show.

“Right now, she bounces between a size 4 and a size 2.” Opines former stylist Miles Siggins (who dressed the Grammy-nominated singer during her Idol run), “She may have lost too much weight.” Dr. Fred Pescatore, author of The Hamptons Diet, counters, “She looks great.”

What does she eat? Despite shedding pounds quickly – Pescatore estimates 15 to 20 pounds from her Idol days – Underwood tells Us she maintains a healthy diet. “Not eating junk food after shows” is key, says the vegetarian country crooner, 23.

On her plate? Veggie burgers, soy-based sausages and the occasional protein bar “in a pinch.”

Workout routine. “I have a treadmill,” says Underwood, who doesn’t have a trainer but swims whenever she the time. Plus, “bouncing around onstage is a workout in itself.”

Agrees Fit and Sexy for Life author Kathy Kaehler, who says Underwood could conceivably burn up to 700 calories while performing: “If you do it very night, your definitely would see a change.”

Underwood, who reportedly “ate a lot” while on Idol, “has great natural muscle tone,” stylist Townsend says. “She just works hard and watches what she eats,” says Melissa Schleicher, Underwood’s makeup artist.

+ Reply to Thread