+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Carrie has had a great year so far.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Carrie will appear on Oprah Monday Dec 11th along with Josh Groban, Tony Bennet and more
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2172226;
    Carrie will appear on Oprah Monday Dec 11th along with Josh Groban, Tony Bennet and more
    Rumor has it that and more = Michael Buble. Carrie will sing JTTW per Oprahs request. That's 4 pretty awesome vocal styles.

Carrie shows more class all the time. She speaks about Faith, stands up for herself against LeAnn, & praises AI. Good stuff.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/154...headlines=true

Carrie Underwood: On Faith Hill and Paying Dues
    "I Knew She Didn't Mean It," Grammy Nominee Tells CMT
    By: CMT.com Staff
    "Anybody who tries to say I haven't paid my dues, I guarantee you, hasn't been on American
    Idol," Carrie Underwood told CMT Insider during a recent interview in Las Vegas.

With two Grammy nominations announced Thursday (Dec. 7), the whirlwind that began last year with Underwood's American Idol win only got stronger. In addition to a best female country performance nomination for "Jesus, Take the Wheel," she is the only country artist nominated for best new artist of all musical genres.

With her debut album, Some Hearts, certified quadruple platinum for shipments of 4 million copies, she's easily the hottest new thing in country music. This week alone, the Oklahoma native teamed with Kenny Rogers to sing "Islands in the Stream" during a tribute to Dolly Parton at the Kennedy Center Honors. The next night, she took home five trophies at the Billboard Music Awards.

Highlighting Underwood's year was the CMA Awards show, where she received the Horizon Award, an honor bestowed on artists who make particularly big strides in their careers. More surprising, perhaps, was her win in the female vocalist category that also included Sara Evans, Faith Hill, Martina McBride and Gretchen Wilson.

News of Underwood's female vocalist victory gained even more attention the following day when Hill's on-camera reaction hit the Internet and national television news programs. Hill quickly issued a statement explaining that she was just joking when she frowned and threw her hands up in the air after Underwood's name was announced.

In the interview with CMT Insider's Laura Douglas, Underwood spoke at length about the controversy.

"I was definitely surprised at how everything happened after the CMAs as far as the Faith Hill incident goes," Underwood said. "I mainly was just saddened because I knew it was going to be a big thing for her. I knew she didn't mean it. ... I think Tim [McGraw] was sitting at home watching, and as soon as she did that, I think he called her and was like, 'This is gonna be bad.' So she called me immediately and said, 'It's no big deal. I'm so sorry. I was just messing around, and it was sort of a joke gone bad, and I would never disrespect you.'

"And she's always been so nice. She and Tim have always been really sweet to me. ... I had no reason not to believe her. And I said, 'Thank you. It means a lot to me that you called, and I really, really respect you for calling as soon as possible to make things right, but I'm sorry for whatever's about to happen.'"

During the awards show, Underwood was unaware of Hill's joke.

"Obviously, I was sitting in the audience," she said. "I didn't see what happened -- like everybody did at home -- so I did go to look it up afterwards just to see exactly what happened. ... I would've thought she was joking, but I guess I could see where people like my fans ... who were really protective of me, which is really awesome ... would think she was being disrespectful. ... I just felt really bad for her that she was just messing around back stage and it kind of got taken out of context."

When asked if detractors have tried to make her feel as though her massive success has arrived too quickly, Underwood smiled and explained the intensity involved in participating on American Idol.

"That's a whole other kind of dues, you know?" she said. "And that's a whole other kind of stress. You know, I'll be the first person to say I don't deserve [to be] where I am. I am so, so lucky to be where I am, and I'm so thankful every single day that all this wonderful stuff has happened to me, but I definitely went through a different kind of 'dues-paying' portion of my life -- and that was called American Idol."

Describing her American Idol experience as "absolutely the most stressful, intense time in my life," she adds, "but also it was absolutely wonderful, and it landed me where I am here now. [It was] so completely worth it, but people have their opinions. And if that's the way they feel about it, that's fine, but I'm really glad I'm here.

"It is really stressful going from nobody really paying attention to you to all of the sudden millions of people out there. Not only are they listening to you sing and critiquing you, you've got to stand up there in front of the judges, and they could potentially say something completely embarrassing. All your friends are watching. All your family is watching back home. Nobody has to deal with that kind of scrutiny. And, also, people are looking at what you're wearing, what you look like and things like that. ... It's kind of hard to just be thrown into that kind of criticism."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Excellent interview razor...she truly does have great class and can handle herself very well!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Would someone like to tell me about Lee Ann Rimes? Did she say something nasty about our Carrie? I need details! lol

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2173443;
    Would someone like to tell me about Lee Ann Rimes? Did she say something nasty about our Carrie? I need details! lol
    After Carrie won Female vocalist & during all the Faith Hill extravaganza, LeAnn posted a note on her fansite defending Faith & stating that Carrie shouldn't have won Best Vocalist because she just hadn't paid her dues yet. Now this was from someone that had won similiar awards when she was only 13. Needless to say it didn't sit to well with many, & was removed from her website in about an hr..But, it was picked up by Entertainment Weekly & many other news services & was brought to national attention.

Thanks Razor! Leann sounds a tad hypocritical. You're right, she did break into the biz when she was just 13. Good grief. LeAnn needs to be more careful with her words.

I watched the Patsy Cline movie the other night and was wondering if Carrie could pull off a dramatic role. I still would like to see her in Oklahoma or something similar.

Today is the day Carrie is on Oprah. Don't miss it. Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Michael Buble & Carrie, the show is all about what is on your Ipod. The artisits sing their most downloaded songs & evidently there are some really nice duets as well.

I guess this makes it official, but due to Security purposes they won't announce specific sights or dates.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=77394

Quote:
    CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Carrie Underwood to Visit Troops on USO Tour to Persian Gulf

To: National Desk, Entertainment Reporter

Contact: Reggie Borges of USO, 703-908-6471, or rborges@uso.org

ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 11 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Country music superstar and 2005 "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood will soon embark on her first USO tour to the Persian Gulf region. Underwood, who recently received the Country Music Association's "Female Vocalist of the Year" award and "Horizon" award, will perform and meet with service members.

After becoming the 2005 "American Idol" winner in the show's fourth season, Underwood's career has skyrocketed. Her debut album, "Some Hearts," was certified quadruple platinum and is the fastest-selling debut female country album since the introduction of the Nielsen SoundScan in 1991. "Some Hearts" will close 2006 as the best-selling country album of the year. In addition, all three singles from the CD have hit the top spot on the country music singles chart: "Jesus, Take the Wheel," "Don’t Forget to Remember Me" and recent five-week No. 1 "Before He Cheats." Underwood is the only solo female artist to top the country chart in 2006 and also leads as the artist with the most cumulative weeks at No. 1 on the R&R country chart so far this year.

Since the release of her debut album, the Checotah, Okla., native has received numerous awards this year, including "Breakthrough Artist" at the American Music Awards, the "Top New Female Vocalist" and "Single of the Year" awards from the Academy of Country Music, two CMT Music Awards and many more.

This tour continues the USO tradition of bringing celebrities to visit troops during the holiday season. Celebrities who recently participated in USO tours include Chuck Norris, Drowning Pool, Bill Engvall, Craig Ferguson, Kathy Kinney and Shinedown.

USO tours are sponsored by AT&T Inc., the official telecommunications sponsor of USO entertainment tours.

+ Reply to Thread