+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 430 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

I have no doubt that Carrie will go far into the finals. However, it seems like she's starting to go down the David Brown path- dazzle everyone at first, but lose some of the sparkle with each performance.

Totally agree... she needs to step it up a bit because she's losing her sparkle. Not that she's not exceptionally talented or has an amazing voice -- I'd give anything to sing like her for 10 minutes! But to keep up w/ the competition, she needs to really pull out the stops these next few weeks.
    To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

I think that more than anyone else in this competition Carrie is sucumbing to a large case of Judge Rot. Now last week she tried to show a little personality & step out with a more upbeat song & the judges tell her not to deny who she is & stick to the country vibe that we so liked during the tryouts. So this week she goes back to a country song & they tell her we need to see more of her personality. Do these 3 clowns never listen to their own critiques? I believe that as of now Carrie is so intimidated by what they are going to say to her that she may just be shooting herself in the foot by trying to hard to give them what they are asking for. She has a great voice & it will serve her well in the future. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't so to speak.

FORT Newbie
    I have seen Carrie perform three or four times and one of the best songs that I have ever heard her sing was Independence Day by Martina Mcbride and it is incredible. Im not sure why she didn't sing that song when she was still able to pick her songs. She also sings a Dixie Chicks song that is really good but she plays the guitar with that so I can understand that one. I think Simon was exactly right when he said that she hasn't really connected with a song yet but trust me the martina mcbride song is what they were looking for so hopefully we will see something like that soon. She has always had an amazing voice and anytime someone hears her for the first time they are blown away but the performance is what is going to be hard for her to open up to and step out of what she has been used to.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Do these 3 clowns never listen to their own critiques? I believe that as of now Carrie is so intimidated by what they are going to say to her that she may just be shooting herself in the foot by trying to hard to give them what they are asking for.
    Yeah, I agree with the clown comment. I think her best bet is to ignore those clowns and go by what she thinks is best for herself. Afterall, it's the American public that votes her through, not those 3 buffoons.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaChi258
    I have seen Carrie perform three or four times and one of the best songs that I have ever heard her sing was Independence Day by Martina Mcbride and it is incredible. Im not sure why she didn't sing that song when she was still able to pick her songs. She also sings a Dixie Chicks song that is really good but she plays the guitar with that so I can understand that one. I think Simon was exactly right when he said that she hasn't really connected with a song yet but trust me the martina mcbride song is what they were looking for so hopefully we will see something like that soon. She has always had an amazing voice and anytime someone hears her for the first time they are blown away but the performance is what is going to be hard for her to open up to and step out of what she has been used to.
    So if Carrie plays guitar when she performs, then maybe that is why the judges comment about her looking stiff on the stage. She is used to the guitar as a prop & she isn't really used to dancing while playing. Any thoughts? I love her voice & hope she continues deep into this competition & I see big things for her in the future. As Randy said in the first elimination round, " I can't believe you haven't been discovered yet"? Well she has now.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaChi258
    I have seen Carrie perform three or four times and one of the best songs that I have ever heard her sing was Independence Day by Martina Mcbride and it is incredible. Im not sure why she didn't sing that song when she was still able to pick her songs.
    Thats right. I've been lobbying for her to show her country greatness by tackling this song ( she did in the auditions ). It seems, she isn't privy to our advise on this board. Do they get to access the internet and chat boards at all ? I mean this is one of the main Carrie Underwood forums. All she needs to do is go to this page and she'll see what fans are clamoring for.

Quote Originally Posted by balladman
    Do they get to access the internet and chat boards at all ?
    I was interested to hear Constantine talk about speaking to his band-buddies during the week by phone. I thought in past years I had read that the contestants were not allowed 'outside' contact for this very kind of reason ('secret' help, advise from people monitoring the viewing public, etc.). Apparently not anymore!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    So if Carrie plays guitar when she performs, then maybe that is why the judges comment about her looking stiff on the stage. She is used to the guitar as a prop & she isn't really used to dancing while playing. Any thoughts? I love her voice & hope she continues deep into this competition & I see big things for her in the future. As Randy said in the first elimination round, " I can't believe you haven't been discovered yet"? Well she has now.
    Good observation, razorbacker! I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it. She is going to have to do some practicing in front of a mirror. Others have been saying let's see her really break out in a country tune. I am saying the opposite. We KNOW she can sing country - let's see something else! Disco, R&B, musical theater, anything that will make the audience say she is the TOTAL package!

I was scared to death on the elimination night, when it seemed as if she was going to get eliminated. You could tell she had tears in her eyes.....I felt so bad. But I was happy she stayed in! And I hope she wins this competition!!!!

+ Reply to Thread