+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

What timezone are you on Akuma?
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

'Idol' winner Underwood lands sneaker deal

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — American Idol winner Carrie Underwood has agreed to an endorsement deal with Skechers, a California sneaker maker that has also used music stars Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in its advertising.

"Being a part of Skechers is exciting," said Underwood, whose first single, Inside Your Heaven debuted at No. 1 on four music charts. "It is such a hip company with a great attitude and image. I've been wearing Skechers for years, so for me this is a really great project. I can proudly endorse Skechers — and happily add more pairs to my closet!"

The company said the deal gives it the right to advertise footwear using the 22-year-old singer's image through December 2006.

"We are extremely excited to have Carrie represent Skechers in our marketing campaigns, and to be affiliated with such a dynamic performer," said Michael Greenberg, president of Skechers. "Like our previous campaigns with celebrities, this campaign will be an incredible union of Skechers' attitude and Carrie's natural image and style."

Jessie Schmidt, Underwood's publicist, wouldn't say how much the deal will pay Underwood.

Underwood was a Northeastern State University student in Tahlequah when she began competition in the fourth season of American Idol, which she ultimately won on May 25.

Luke Sharpe, president of Sharpe Dry Goods in Checotah, which sells Skechers, said Underwood will attract young shoppers.

"They all want to be like Carrie," he said. "They just can't sing."

Underwood is participating in a tour of American Idol singers that will make a stop in Oklahoma at the Lloyd Noble Center on Aug. 10.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...tm?POE=LIFISVA

"Like our previous campaigns with celebrities, this campaign will be an incredible union of Skechers' attitude and Carrie's natural image and style."

Only a true corporate marketing type can make statements like that. Yeah, another celeb taking the big bucks to endorse your crappy shoes is indeed an "incredible union".

Good for Carrie though. I hope she made good money from it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill

Only a true corporate marketing type can make statements like that. Yeah, another celeb taking the big bucks to endorse your crappy shoes is indeed an "incredible union".

Good for Carrie though. I hope she made good money from it.

Any thoughts on her deal with Hersheys? The rough cuts if the commercials look really good.

I can update the above post. The Hersheys commercials are beginning to appear on TV & Carrie is highlighted on the Hershey web page. Click beloe if you are interested.

http://www.hersheys.com/home.asp

An award for Carrie sexy is as sexy does.

The veggie voters have spoken, and American Idol winner Carrie Underwood and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin have been selected as PETA’s 2005 “World’s Sexiest Vegetarians,” narrowly edging out a host of other veggie Valentinos and Venuses, including David Duchovny, Reese Witherspoon, Joss Stone, Avril Lavigne, Joaquin Phoenix, and Prince, as well as previous winners Tobey Maguire, Andre 3000, Josh Hartnett, Alicia Silverstone, Natalie Portman, and Shania Twain.
    Going green is all the rage among the red carpet set. Celebrities cite many reasons for forgoing flesh foods, from avoiding the cruelty that is inherent in all meat production to improving their health and energy levels to helping the environment by not contributing to factory-farm pollution.

Country crooner Carrie Underwood—whose new single “Inside Your Heaven” has just debuted at number one on the Billboard charts—wore a “V Is for Vegetarian” T-shirt on American Idol, sending her popularity soaring among animal lovers everywhere. While growing up on a farm in Oklahoma, the 22-year-old has said that she decided she’d rather sing to the cows than eat them. Carrie frequently mentions that vegetarian pizza is one of her favorite foods, and while making her new album, the chef in the recording studio reportedly made vegetarian barbecue for her between songs. What’s more, Carrie is also known to rescue stray animals.

Chris Martin and his band, Coldplay, have also gone to number one on the Billboard charts with their new album X & Y, which this week tops the music mag’s “Hot 200” albums list. Martin and wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, are known for their love of vegan cuisine, and they made international headlines recently when they gave daughter Apple a vegan birthday cake from Moby’s New York eatery teany.

More than 13,000 people voted in PETA’s annual “World’s Sexiest Vegetarian” poll, held at PETA.org.

http://www.peta.org/feat/sexyveg05/index.asp

Also, I don’t know if anyone is aware but she performed on Canadian Idol last night & was presented with a Canadian Double Platinum award for IYH. Canadian Platinum is for sales of 10,000.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I can update the above post. The Hersheys commercials are beginning to appear on TV & Carrie is highlighted on the Hershey web page. Click beloe if you are interested.

http://www.hersheys.com/home.asp
    I just saw one of those commercials yesterday! It was between 4:30 and 5:00 P.M. during one of the commercial breaks for "Yes Dear" on TBS. Having seen the rough cuts, it was great to one of the ads on a tv screen.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Also, I don’t know if anyone is aware but she performed on Canadian Idol last night & was presented with a Canadian Double Platinum award for IYH. Canadian Platinum is for sales of 10,000.
    Double Platinum in Canada?
    Surely the U.S. equivalent isn't far behind.
    Last edited by Akuma24601; 07-21-2005 at 04:27 PM.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

I caught the American Idols concert here in Toronto last night, and the group didn't sing R.O.C.K. in the USA at the end. Instead, Carrie sang "Alone" during her set. It was great! Does anybody know if she's performed the song at any other stop on the tour?

Also, during Lean on Me, Bo and Jessica came out in Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys. The crowd went wild.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug
    I caught the American Idols concert here in Toronto last night, and the group didn't sing R.O.C.K. in the USA at the end. Instead, Carrie sang "Alone" during her set. It was great! Does anybody know if she's performed the song at any other stop on the tour?

Also, during Lean on Me, Bo and Jessica came out in Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys. The crowd went wild.
    Carrie has performed Alone at every stop so far & she has been getting great reviews. She was performing last night on Canadian Idol while the concert in Toronto had started 20 minutes earlier without her being there. Then she was rushed from the CI stage to the Toronto show. Busy girl.

Hmm. How odd. The reviews I've read for the Sunrise and Atlanta shows omitted any mention of Carrie singing "Alone" -- that's why I thought it was a new addition. Maybe the reviewers went to the bathroom during that song or something.

Here are a few of the reviews I'm referring to:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/enterta...dol/index.html

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

http://www.mediafiends.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

+ Reply to Thread