+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 194 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    An interview with Bo's step-sister just aired on FOX news. She said that he really is laid-back but is probably nervous while performing on AI. She said that he was a great big brother - very protective of her.
    Thanks for sharing that!
    I loved seeing the audition tonight with his comments.

FORT Newbie
    Forgive my laziness to check to see if this has already been mentioned, but flips-flops with a suit? Come on, Bogart...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    (At the risk of sounding very un-PC) I wouldn't worry too much about there being a re-vote caused by a closed captioning error. As I doubt very much that the impact of deaf viewers on the results of a singing competition is great enough to warrant it.
    Wow. If that's not the funniest thing I've read in a week, I don't know what is!

Article in The Birmingham News , 05/12/05:

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...9650192720.xml

Idol' finalist Bice to make quick VIP trip to Helena
    Thursday, May 12, 2005
    MARIENNE THOMAS-OGLE
    News staff writer
    Harold "Bo" Bice of Helena, a top-three finalist on "American Idol," will be whisked home today in style, on a private jet.

Bice, 29, will embark on what Ryan Seacrest, host of the Fox reality series, called a "whirlwind VIP tour" when the elite troika of singers was announced Wednesday night.

Bice is competing for the "Idol" crown against Carrie Underwood of Checotah, Okla., and Vonzell Solomon of Fort Myers, Fla. All three contestants are making hometown visits over the next two days.

The details of Bice's agenda for today weren't confirmed Wednesday, but on Friday Bice will make stops in Birmingham, Pelham and Helena.

The brief trip is intended to whip up local support for the singer and provide footage that will be used later on "Idol." Joy Childers, Helena event coordinator, said Bice will be a 7 a.m. guest on the "Rick & Bubba Show" on Y-94.5 FM Friday, then appear on Fox 6's "Good Day Alabama."

He will sign CDs at Wal-Mart on Pelham Parkway about 10:30 a.m. and then go to Helena for an afternoon procession through Old Town to the Amphitheater Park. The 5 p.m. Friday procession will travel Alabama 261 from Shelby County 52 to the park on Buck Creek, where there will be an opportunity for fans to get autographs.

"We expect a very big crowd, so if someone wants to attend they should arrive early," Childers said. "We hope everyone will show respect for each other, bring their signs and have a great time."

Bice is expected to leave for Los Angeles around 7 p.m. on Friday, Childers said.

News staff writer Mary Colurso contributed to this report.

mogle@bhamnews.com

Bice Squad,

al.com now has an "Everything Bo" link to all of the local articles about him:

http://www.al.com/tv/?everythingbo.html

Out of the 3 remaining Idol-hopefuls ---Bo has my vote. He is the most consistent one there.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

What I love most about Bo is that he with very little early exposure (much less than Constantine) and admidst complaints from earlier top 24 contestants that they had "little air time" has succeeded on pure talent, personality and charisma. He is the example they all should have emulated. I had no clue who he was when they brought the two rockers in and kept both for the top 24, and he quickly eclipsed Constantine and most of the other singers. Now he is one of my favorites to win this competition and for the first time since Ruben, Kimberley and Clay have I thought all three in the final round of A.I. deserve to be there and could each claim the title. Looking forward to next Tuesday's performances!

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Bo will be appearing on the Rick and Bubba radio/tv show out of Birmingham, Al this Friday, May 13th and is also going to make a few local appearances in that area after the broadcast.

You will be able to listen live online at www.rickandbubba.com and/or can watch it on Turner South or listen on radio in the southeastern U.S. beginning 6 am Central time.

Bo will most likely appear in the first hour of the show, but stick around even after that because one of the Rick and Bubba interns is actually getting married to her fiance around 8 am cst, and they said this morning that Bo might even stick around to see the wedding take place.

It should be pretty funny because even though the wedding is real, they are going to involve a lot of humor in the ceremony.

For a list of radio stations that will carry the show, go to:

www.rickandbubba.com and then click on the listen link...

Last edited by mstvfan; 05-12-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

Lex
    I think I'm slowly warming up to Bo. With Constantine gone, I've been able to see him just as himself. I see that he's better than I originally thought. I still think he's had a couple bad performances ("Freebird" springs to mind), but I've come to see him as very talented. I was especially impressed with him this week. I thought he sang the best out of the four during the country theme. And while I didn't think he did as well as Vonzell with the second set of songs (Philly theme, I think), he still did pretty good.

After Scott was eliminated, I thought that Vonzell was the only good contestant left... but I was wrong. I'm jumping on the Bo bandwagon.

I'm really hoping for a Bo/Vonzell Final 2! That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I think I'm slowly warming up to Bo.
    .... I'm jumping on the Bo bandwagon.
    That's great! The more, the merrier!

I got my Sugarmoney CD today. Bo's voice sounds really good recorded. I'm really enjoying it! I know it's been discussed that the one song "Hold on" sounds somewhat like Sweet Home Alabama, but I also hear a little Steve Miller's "Take the Money and Run" in some of the instrumentation.
    Anyway, I'm glad I ordered it!
    Last edited by clay crazy; 05-12-2005 at 07:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread