+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 194 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Funny how Bo becomes all aggressively "whatever" about AI at precisely the same time he lands in the bottom three. I also noticed he couldn't quite recall what the "bet" was. Maybe there was a bet, but I doubt it was the main reason he auditioned. Why do you think he auditioned? I sort of presumed it was to get a major label record deal. But now all he seems to aspire to is playing gigs around town, and in that case I agree he certainly didn't need AI for that.

I'd like Bo to spend five minutes of his life pressing redial on his phone. He would find that it is the loooooonnngest most mind-numbingly boring five minutes of his life. I think if he did that just once he might rethink his careless words.

I don't think he's a bad guy or anything, but I have to say he's coming off a bit self involved. Assuming he's an intelligent person, he understands that he has something tens of thousands of people really wanted. He was there, camping out in the huge audition line, under physically uncomfortable circumstances. He has seen with his own eyes contestants being crushed and crying over their rejection because they really wanted this. I don't think he's proactively trying to be a jerk. But I also don't think he can be bothered to be diplomatic either.

It was extemely uncomfortable to watch drunken Paula try to "fire up" Bo at the end. Her cluelessness and his petulance just made me want to curl up into a ball with embarassment for both of them.

Wow Jocelyns, that picture of young Bo (post #601) is stunning! Thanks
    I'd hate for a person to do something they didn't really want to, but...I sure wish Bo would want to cut his hair! I really don't think it does anything for him, and it grosses me out, but in the short-hair pic I can definitely see why people have been calling him a hottie all this time.

Count me among those who was turned off by his "I don't care if I stay or go" attitude on Wednesday. It sucks to see brilliant singers cry because they were booted but wanted to stay so badly, and then to have someone else act like they don't even want it badly.

And really, it's kinda a slam to the show producers, too, if the contestants verbalize right during live TV that the premise of the show is unimportant.

I don't think Bo is a mean-spirited guy -- he probably didn't mean to offend anyone. But he was either trying to prove that he's "tough" by acting like the show is unimportant to him, or else the words came out before he thought about how they sounded -- these guys are being interviewed live, so it can be disconcerting to them to have to speak impromptu. But whatever caused him to say that, it still made him seem thoughtless and I'm unimpressed.

I've never really connected w/ Bo anyway.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 04-15-2005 at 09:54 PM.

I am not upset with Bo for what he said. I may not vote for him anymore, but I'm still a fan.

Bo is, and has always been, primarily about the music. It's as much a part of him as his hair and his tattoos. His life will always be full as long as there's music in it. He joined American Idol as an avenue for performing.

However, he probably undestands the caliber of music generally put out by 19E - poor. He may be becoming weary of the commercials and the charity singles and the other juvenile, undignified crap they have to do. What I'm hearing from him is that while Bo is here to make music for America, if he is voted off, he will still do what he does - make music, gig to gig, honky tonk to honky tonk, as long as he lives, and it will make him happy.

He does not need to win American Idol to be happy as a working musician.

I respect that. I may buy his album. If he comes to our area, I would love to go see him. But I may not vote for him anymore If he doesn't want it, doesn't need it, I'll stop splitting my votes and put all of my votes behind Constantine, who does seem to be very focused with a strong desire to win. If Bo does not want this, he has absolutely no chance at all of catching Carrie Underwood, and if he can't beat her, there is no point in voting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    Bo's problem is that he wants to be a famous musician where everyone else just wants to be famous.
    I see Bo in an entirely different light. I almost think he has decided that he doesn't want to be a famous anything. Early in the competition almost every theme for the week seemed to fit in with a song that he already knew and had performed many times. He seemed much more polished than the others because they had to choose a song, memorize it, and then try to connect with it all in one week. His age and experience served him well. Then, came a week that was totally out of his comfort zone...he had to work really hard or fail. That was the week he sang the song from Pippin and he was weak. Made a lame excuse that he just closed his eyes and pointed. That was hard, and then on top of that he had to do a commercial, pick out clothes, deal with fans, and interviews. I think it wasn't his artistic integrity that was offended...just that he was worn out. He seems like an easy going, laid back Southern rocker boy. He just wants to hang out with his buddies, make some music he loves, and chill out. Being famous seemed like a good idea but now he doesn't seem so sure. He's talented and has potential but to be truly great at something you have to work. HARD. Wanting it is not enough. And sometimes working hard is not enough. You have to have a combination of both...and I don't think he has that drive that it takes to make it to the top.Maybe after AI he will go home and be happier. Working, having a family, and playing his gigs on the weekend. And there is nothing wrong with that.

To me Bo comes across as someone who is comfortable with who he is, someone who knows what is important in his life, someone who takes the AI experience for what it is . If he wins he'll think it's wonderful, if he's sent home he won't crumble into amilion pieces. It's all good. I get the feeling he has his self worth tied into something other than whether he succeeds on AI or not. And maybe his life experiences have tauight him a different set of priorities Some viewers interpret his nature as dfisconcerting and ungrateful- I just think Bo figures he has other things to be thankful for and AI is one more life experience to enjoy. His self worth and success is not dependent on A.I. To me, his atttitude is refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    To me Bo comes across as someone who is comfortable with who he is, someone who knows what is important in his life, someone who takes the AI experience for what it is . If he wins he'll think it's wonderful, if he's sent home he won't crumble into amilion pieces. It's all good. I get the feeling he has his self worth tied into something other than whether he succeeds on AI or not. And maybe his life experiences have tauight him a different set of priorities Some viewers interpret his nature as dfisconcerting and ungrateful- I just think Bo figures he has other things to be thankful for and AI is one more life experience to enjoy. His self worth and success is not dependent on A.I. To me, his atttitude is refreshing.

Nicely put!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    I couldn't say it better!

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78
    I couldn't say it better!
    Me, either! Nice post, redsoxgirl!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie
    I see Bo in an entirely different light. I almost think he has decided that he doesn't want to be a famous anything. Early in the competition almost every theme for the week seemed to fit in with a song that he already knew and had performed many times. He seemed much more polished than the others because they had to choose a song, memorize it, and then try to connect with it all in one week. His age and experience served him well. Then, came a week that was totally out of his comfort zone...he had to work really hard or fail. That was the week he sang the song from Pippin and he was weak. Made a lame excuse that he just closed his eyes and pointed. That was hard, and then on top of that he had to do a commercial, pick out clothes, deal with fans, and interviews. I think it wasn't his artistic integrity that was offended...just that he was worn out. He seems like an easy going, laid back Southern rocker boy. He just wants to hang out with his buddies, make some music he loves, and chill out. Being famous seemed like a good idea but now he doesn't seem so sure. He's talented and has potential but to be truly great at something you have to work. HARD. Wanting it is not enough. And sometimes working hard is not enough. You have to have a combination of both...and I don't think he has that drive that it takes to make it to the top.Maybe after AI he will go home and be happier. Working, having a family, and playing his gigs on the weekend. And there is nothing wrong with that.
    Thank you for saying so eloquently what I've been thinking - and doing a piss-poor job of trying to express - in these threads for the past few weeks. I agree completely, and it's not a slam on Bo at all. Would anyone be surprised if Bo's lack of drive actually sent him home before, say, Scott Savol?

If I may add to the above comment from Phyllie - I don't think Bo had any idea he would advance this far in the competition, and I think that's a big factor in why he failed so miserably on the show tunes theme. He didn't think he would have to actually perform a song from a musical genre so far outside his comfort zone, and I believe it caught him unawares. It appeared to rattle him to the extent that the next week he gave an uninspiring performance of "Freebird", a song he should have been able to do real justice to. It's disappointing but at the same time, it has been and continues to be a pleasure to have Bo in the competition this year. He and Constantine have brought something new to the usual dull AI lineup of wanna-be divas and boy-band types. I don't seriously think he can win, but I would be content to have him around for a few more weeks.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I don't think Bo had any idea he would advance this far in the competition, and I think that's a big factor in why he failed so miserably on the show tunes theme. .
    Actually, Bo's was about the only performance from Show Tunes that I actually enjoyed. I guess it's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder

+ Reply to Thread