+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

People are so funny. On another board, the big discussion is that a few think he's too religious, too good, too much an angel. Then you have people that think because he has long hair, he's one step away from doing heroin. Poor guy. I feel so sorry for him for being so harshly personally judged and stereotyped.

I think he's just a real guy. But a guy who is genuine, has made mistakes and still does, is looking of meaning in his life, and who wants to sing about life with originial music with his guitar, paino, sax, harmonica, etc. REAL music. The whole package. I think he's at a point where he can sing about things everyday people have experienced and that thrills me. I'm sick of these blank slate kids. Yeah, the glory note contest is good and I appreciate their talent. But I'm looking for some real music.

People are so funny. On another board, the big discussion is that a few think he's too religious, too good, too much an angel. Then you have people that think because he has long hair, he's one step away from doing heroin.
    I know. And of course, none of us really know him so we have no idea what he's really like at all anyway. I'm voting based on a steady string of kick-ass performances. He's the only person in this (excellent!) top 10 who has never had an off night.

I wonder how many other dirty people we can round up and put on stage. Like it or not, he looks like a bum. If you like bums, have at it, but bums are bums in my book.
    Cut his strung out hair (it can be long, but there's got to be some iota of style somewhere in there) and blast a water hose at him, maybe spray him for lice, and he'd be in good shape.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Not everyone who does the AI grind has to look like they stepped out of Pleasantville.

As a newbie, please read our Site and forum rules.

I think you've stated your displeasure before. Don't beat it to death.

I have to say, long hair is not usually my thing, but I really like his voice. I think he has a different kind of rock-y kind of edge and I like it a lot.

His voice is just awesome! Even if he doesn't win AI, i hope he is signed because i will buy his records!

Quote Originally Posted by Qbert
    I wonder how many other dirty people we can round up and put on stage. Like it or not, he looks like a bum. If you like bums, have at it, but bums are bums in my book.
    Cut his strung out hair (it can be long, but there's got to be some iota of style somewhere in there) and blast a water hose at him, maybe spray him for lice, and he'd be in good shape.
    You're kidding, right? Just because he has long hair, doesn't make him a bum. And why do you have to have a style to your hair? If he likes it that way, that's all that matters.

About the long hair: Long hair on guys typically isn't my thing. However, Bo's seems to fit him, IMO. I work at a large engineering Fortune 500 company in Alabama, and I think some of you would be surprised at the number of senior engineers (I'm talking men in their 50's - 60's) who have long hair. Typically, for work, it's pulled into a pony tail. At our company, it's just not a big deal.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

Bo looks natural, and it fits him. I can totally relate with his "I've had two good haircuts in my life, and I'm not cutting it again" story. Long hair doesn't make one a bum, anymore than it would make one "cool". A person is what they are, from inside, not from their hair.

For that matter, Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy both were really clean cut, serial killers. I guess that means that Anthony Federov must be one, too, since he's clean-cut? Faulty logic.

My favorite thing about Bo (okay, other than he sings great and he's oh-so-handsome!) is that he is genuine. He seems to be what he is...no excuses, no apologies. He's not "in your face notice me" (Mikalah) he's not "I'll be anything you want me to be as long as you like me (Constantine) or "I'll look really ticked off if you criticize me" (Anwar). Bo seems like he'll be the same person if he gets kicked off next week, or ends up selling ten million albums. (although I sure hope he buys his granny any sewing machine she wants when he makes it big!)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I work at a large engineering Fortune 500 company in Alabama, and I think some of you would be surprised at the number of senior engineers (I'm talking men in their 50's - 60's) who have long hair. Typically, for work, it's pulled into a pony tail. At our company, it's just not a big deal.
    I would love to see Bo wear his hair in a ponytail one week!

+ Reply to Thread