+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Re: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2427058;
    Damn. I guess I'm glad I didn't get tickets to that show. Almost did, but. Wonder if LAGuy was there?!?
    Yeah, I was at Anaheim that night.

Sorry for the late post, but, for anyone interested, here's my report:

When he came out on stage, Bo looked very thin; his face almost gaunt. Right from the beginning, he informed the crowd that he had a touch of the flu, but was gonna put on a show regardless.

His voice sounded fine, but you could see his energy level was low. After "I'm Gone" and "American Blood", Bo seemed to try and jumpstart himself by doing "Don't Mess Around with Jim." Rather than inject more energy into the show, however, the song only seemed to take more out of him.

He then did Skynyrd's "Tuesday's Gone", and pretty much made it through the whole song. Near its end, however, he first walked back to his guitar stand, then abrupty exited the stage without saying anything. Keyboardist Tommy played for a few more bars, before he stopped and also left the stage.

We were left literally in the dark; and what at first seemed like a momentary spell, stretched into ten.. then fifteen.. then twenty minutes. The lights stayed out the whole time, and there was no announcement of any kind to the crowd.

I was upstairs in the balcony when I heard that "paramedics" could be seen backstage. I went to the edge closest to the right side of the stage and saw a cluster of people standing in the wings. I couldn't see Bo from that position, but they were apparently around him.

A House of Blues security guard was standing nearby, so a couple of us asked him for more info. He said that, from what he knew, Bo sat down immediately upon leaving the stage, saying that he didn't think he could continue. Staff asked if they could do anything for him and if he would like them to call a nurse. Bo said yeah.

It was maybe ten more minutes before Bo surprisingly re-took the stage. His friend (and opening act) Gary Nichols and Tommy were with him. Bo seemed truly sorry for what had happened, telling us that he had not been feeling well for the past couple of days. Once again, he termed it a "flu". He mentioned how, on the previous tour, there were a dozen times when he felt sick because of his intestinal problems, but how he had always pushed through and done the show. Tonight, however, things just got the better of him, he said.

Since it was always his intention to give us a show, he would try to do that while wrapping things up. With Gary joining in, he did "Midnight Rider" (which I can barely recall, since I was more focussed on how he was looking/acting than on what he was singing). He then closed things out with "Sweet Home Alabama" -- and certainly gave it the old college try.

He again told us how much he appreciated our understanding, and promised he would make it up to us in the future. He had kind words, as usual, for the great staff at the HOB. He also made mention of his faith -- but I cannot do justice to his words on that point.

As might be expected, Bo seemed tired and sad when he left the stage. I'm sure it broke his heart to leave; but I hope he has since realized that it was breaking ours to see him struggle to stay.

His illness caused him to cancel several more dates (including the next night at the Sunset Strip House of Blues) and even landed him in the hospital for a day or two. But he's recovered now, and has been back in the studio working on his next CD. I can't wait to hear it, and see him in concert again. Just hope he can break the Anaheim jinx the next time around...

lei
    FORT Fogey

Poor Bo

I really hope things turn around for him soon. Such a talent, and such a nice guy.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My heart breaks for Bo. I hope this surgery has helped him turn the corner on this medical problem. He deserves a break. I can't wait for the new album. This is what I think we've all wanted for him. A chance to do an album out of the reach of Clive Davis.

A note: LAGuy, fantastic post. Thanks man!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thanks for letting us know about what went down at the Anaheim concert, LAGuy. Bo certainly is a trouper and generous to a fault. I just hope he pulls through this fully and learns to take better care of himself. We fans want him to be around and making music for a long time and his friends and family must be getting ulcers worrying about him too. I have great hopes for the new album. He does, indeed, deserve a break, Uncle David.
    I'm hungry for more of Bo's own music, not the kind of let's-fit-round-pegs-in-square-holes RCA/19E albums we've gotten too often.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I'm hearing noises that Bo's next album is well underway and a new single may be forthcoming.

I've also heard he has a new band, and that saddens me a bit. He and the SugarMoney guys had such onstage chemistry and connection, being that he's been buds with some of them for many years. Maybe it's just that some of his old bandmates don't want to go on the road much these days, while Bo really needs to if he's going to capitalize on the platform Idol gave him. But I really am kind of sad to see the old band break up.

Some info I've gleaned from Bo's website and MySpace and some other music message boards:

Bo says his new album is finished. On his MySpace page there's a clip of I'm Gone, a southern rock song from that album.
    I think it's part of a radio interview that he has posted there.
    A day or two ago on his official site Bo said he's prouder of this album than of anything he's ever done musically.
    The website says the album, with a working title of American Blood, will come out September 18th. American Blood is one of the songs on the album and I've heard great things about it.

Bo also did an acoustic version of The Real Thing on WPLJ. You can listen or download it at zshare.net.
    Bo will probably be starting a round of PR for the new album in a few weeks, and he's just done a photo shoot, so we may start seeing some of those pics soon.

In addition to this new album, Bo has also been working on a Southern Rock Legends album that hasn't gotten much publicity so far. One website says they will be doing an article about it on August 1st.

You can also find videos of 3 of the songs from Bo's upcoming album at YouTube. Check these reference #s at that site:

-kNxgHvyh3s
    UIXksLCeHcc
    y0KrwvGs6v8

Time for a quick Bo update:

The new album, titled See the Light, is finished and is due out October 23. It will be released on Bo's own, newly-formed label: $ugarmoney/StratArt Records.

You can hear the first single "Witness" at Bo's MySpace page. It's a good, growly "back-to-his-roots" Southern rocker (which probably won't get him much airplay, but promises good things for the album).

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy;2569370;
    Time for a quick Bo update:

The new album, titled See the Light, is finished and is due out October 23. It will be released on Bo's own, newly-formed label: $ugarmoney/StratArt Records.

You can hear the first single "Witness" at Bo's MySpace page. It's a good, growly "back-to-his-roots" Southern rocker (which probably won't get him much airplay, but promises good things for the album).
    Oct. 23rd. is also the same day that Carries album will be released. Co-incidence? I don't think so.

I really hope this album is much more Bo & a whole lot less Cliveish.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2569994;
    Oct. 23rd. is also the same day that Carries album will be released. Co-incidence? I don't think so.

I really hope this album is much more Bo & a whole lot less Cliveish.
    Holy cow...they are both being released on the same day???

I'm anxiously waiting for it...I want some good ole Southern born and bred Bo...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

actually it might be good for bo. pretty much bo has dropped out of most average american households out there. if bo's management were smart, they should ask stores to stage/place his cd next to carrie's. people will say hey isn't that bo from AI, the one that came in second, i'll check it out kind of deal. im pretty sure bo and management don't expect much sales compared to carrie so they should just ride along with carrie. im not saying it won't not sell on its own (really hoping it's a real BO cd not a real thing crap) but just take advantage of it though. have both winner and runnerup next to one another cause im pretty sure there are lots of fans of both and those who forgot bo will be remembered when its next to carries. since we all know carrie will have some major advertisement/splash/promo going on.

oh, bbnbama, let us know where we can listen to clips of the whole album. looking forward to southern rock...real Bo.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

+ Reply to Thread