+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Bo Bice

I hope Bo does what 'Bo wants' to do, but what 'I want' is to hear him do the things he did on AI. I loved the diversity of song selection. I loved hearing him bring-it to multiple genres. I loved the passion and depth he brought to the songs. I loved the Bo I watched on AI. The entertainer who could take songs from any genre and work-it. Not just sing them in 'his' style, but perform them with the same style in which they were originally recorded, but with his brand on them.

Yes! For Bo's sake, I want him to do what makes him happy. But I'd still like to hear me some of the Bo I heard on AI.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by dpiranha;2390050;
    Bo needs to do an album on his own terms, like Elliott did his. It'll sell, because he's a good singer and he made a lot of fans during his run on AI. If it's not entirely commercial and doesn't go quintuple platinum, big deal. You can feed your family forver on gold records, maybe tossing in one hit single every ten years or so (Tracy Chapman anyone?) Stardom is transient, but good music lives forever.

So true. Tracy Chapman is one of my favorites, and a perfect example of how you don't need to have multi-platinum-selling CDs to be a successful and admirable recording artist. Bo doesn't need to have Top 40 songs either. I just want to hear more of the authentic Bo and SugarMoney music.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Bice ... is the third-most successful recording artist to not win the "American Idol" title, evidenced by Recording Industry Association of America platinum status.
    His first album, "The Real Thing," was released in December 2005, was certified gold ... .
    ??? So, was TRT certified platinum? If not, what's the "platinum" reference about?

And who was the second most successful?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2394743;
    And who was the second most successful?
    Clay & Daughtry would have to be 1-2. Whichever one goes on top is probably debateable.

Daughtry is already challenging Clay? WOW! That's impressive since his album was just released.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

I didn't realize that Bo's the 3rd best non-winner. Good for him...I look forward to hearing better stuff from him in the near future!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2394887;
    Daughtry is already challenging Clay? WOW! That's impressive since his album was just released.
    Chris' album passed the 2.5 million mark this week, & was once again in the top 10 of the Billboard Top 200. That is closing in on the total of Clay's 3 put together.

Bo is back in the studio & working on the more Southern Rock stuff that was expected from him the first time around. Without the Clive Davis yoke around his neck he should be much better off this time.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2395383;
    Chris' album passed the 2.5 million mark this week, & was once again in the top 10 of the Billboard Top 200. That is closing in on the total of Clay's 3 put together.
    That's fantastic. I always liked that kid. Glad he's doing so well.

Bo is back in the studio & working on the more Southern Rock stuff that was expected from him the first time around. Without the Clive Davis yoke around his neck he should be much better off this time.
    I remember reading that. I hope it's everything he wants it to be.

Actually, that's closing in on Kelly Clarkson's current total sales for Thankful. Clay's Measure Of A Man had sold over 2.8 million units (SoundScan) as of about a year ago, and his combined total for MOAM, Merry Christmas With Love, and A Thousand Different Ways is over 4.5 million. Chris may well surpass that in time, but he's far from closing in on that total at this early date.

(UncleDavid, I've lost track as of the last month or so, but during the first few months after their respective releases, Chris's debut album was close to keeping pace with MOAM's week-by-week cumulative sales (after the first 2 weeks) but had not quite caught up. My guess is that, with Chris's radio success, its sales did not level off as quickly after the first 4 months, and I expect Chris's album to pass MOAM's sales within the next 6 months. )

I can't wait for a new Bo album that lets Bo be Bo!
    Last edited by Grisabella; 05-18-2007 at 03:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread