+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

  1. #1491
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    Bo will be doing a Holiday Concert on the Oxygen Network, December 11, at 7:00PM. Go to the link and VOTE for the songs you want to hear him sing.

    Also, he'll be appearing on a Jimmy Kimmel Live Indoor Mini-Concert on Tuesday, December 20. I just got my tickets to go!

  2. #1492
    FORT Fogey BoBoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,224

    Congratulations Bo

    Way to Go Bo!!!! Winner of VH1's "Biggest Reality Star" on the "Big In '05 Awards"!!!!!
    OMG watch this show if ya wanna see plenty 'a BO!!!
    OMG the camera was on him SOO much tonight!!

    Last edited by BoBoFan; 12-04-2005 at 10:52 PM.

  3. #1493
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan View Post
    Way to Go Bo!!!! Winner of VH1's "Biggest Reality Star" on the "Big In '05 Awards"!!!!!
    OMG watch this show if ya wanna see plenty 'a BO!!!
    OMG the camera was on him SOO much tonight!!

    Oh my gosh...I forgot it was on!!! I just switched it over to see the repeat episode and managed to catch INXS singing "Pretty Vegas"...WOO HOO!! And I just thought I was gonna go to sleep early tonight?!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #1494
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Don't forget...Bo is on Leno tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #1495
    A pirate's life for me suncat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Black Pearl
    Posts
    7,997
    I just watched Bo on Leno....and I hate to say this, but I really didn't like the song he sang. (I believe it was called "The Real Thing".) To me, it just didn't rock, and I like me a rockin' Bo.

    Plus, what looks different about him now, compared to when he was on AI? I can't put my finger on it. First I thought MAYBE he has less eyebrow grooming now (they seemed tamed towards the end of AI) or maybe he has teeth whitener now...I just am not sure what the difference is, but I see one.

    At any rate, I'm happy for him, and hope that his new album does well.
    Always looking for cat treats!

    Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

  6. #1496
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    HI there
    Posts
    605
    i want the bo from the american idol not the one they're marketing now. its alright, more pop-rock style which i guess he has to go to that route if he (i mean management) wants to make money of him and have his songs played on radio. the clips ive heard so far are more in line of poprock like nickleback type of song (one of the songs is written by the lead singer i think). its just that there are many of them going on the radio. starting to get old. nothing like good ole southern rock from what ive heard so far. well, hopefully other songs that i haven't heard of are more of the style i was use to hearing from him.

    yeah he does look different. to me, its that he looks cleaner. lol. i know a lot of people like his album cover but i dont. love his eyes though. its just that he's to pretty on the cover.

    im happy with carries album - pop/country as what i expected (better than actually). hopefully like what i mentioned earlier, there will be better songs on bo's album that i haven't heard yet. i'll have to listen to rest of the clips before i get his.

  7. #1497
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    I just watched Bo on Leno....and I hate to say this, but I really didn't like the song he sang. (I believe it was called "The Real Thing".) To me, it just didn't rock, and I like me a rockin' Bo.

    Plus, what looks different about him now, compared to when he was on AI? I can't put my finger on it. First I thought MAYBE he has less eyebrow grooming now (they seemed tamed towards the end of AI) or maybe he has teeth whitener now...I just am not sure what the difference is, but I see one.

    At any rate, I'm happy for him, and hope that his new album does well.
    The only thing I can figure out is he got his teeth fixed..remember he was missing one of his bicuspids? He wasn't tonight....His hair looked really good tonight too.....
    I couldn't really tell if I liked the song or not because to me the music was too loud for me to hear the words....
    I am one of the people who, so far, doesn't particularly care for the picture of him on the CD cover...not the picture I would have picked out for Bo...maybe one of him full length holding the mic stand and with sunglasses on instead???
    I'm still excited about his CD release...I can't wait!!!

  8. #1498
    A pirate's life for me suncat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Black Pearl
    Posts
    7,997
    For me, the changed look was more than that missing tooth (as I was looking for that). I thought he looked...maybe skinnier, all-around less good. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Bo's look (yum!) but it was just a little less what I remembered. (and I have a GOOD memory )

    I hope for a more Southern-rock flavor on his other songs, as well. This one was really Nickelback-ish, as mentioned above, and very repetitive.
    Always looking for cat treats!

    Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

  9. #1499
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,714
    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    i want the bo from the american idol not the one they're marketing now. its alright, more pop-rock style which i guess he has to go to that route if he (i mean management) wants to make money of him and have his songs played on radio. the clips ive heard so far are more in line of poprock like nickleback type of song (one of the songs is written by the lead singer i think). its just that there are many of them going on the radio. starting to get old. nothing like good ole southern rock from what ive heard so far. well, hopefully other songs that i haven't heard of are more of the style i was use to hearing from him.

    yeah he does look different. to me, its that he looks cleaner. lol. i know a lot of people like his album cover but i dont. love his eyes though. its just that he's to pretty on the cover.

    im happy with carries album - pop/country as what i expected (better than actually). hopefully like what i mentioned earlier, there will be better songs on bo's album that i haven't heard yet. i'll have to listen to rest of the clips before i get his.
    I have been reading those types of comments about Bo's album on many sites. It seems as though there are some who have heard the whole thing & it isn't at all what they had hoped for. I said from the beginning that Bo was going to get hosed by the Clive Davis production touch. I have never had the faith that Clive was going to let Bo go in the direction he wanted but would instead push him more towards Pop. On the other hand the album that Carrie put out had all Nashville Producers, Writers, & Musicians & is a truly fine debut album. AI seemed to let her go her way but stuck Bo with Clive. I have great expectations for Bo & his career (post Clive Davis) in the future & hope there are lots of hits out there for him.

  10. #1500
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,404
    Well, we got a chance to see both Carrie and Bo on the same night.

    Carrie appeared on the Billboard awards, and I’m pleased/sad to say that nothing’s changed. She’s still beautiful with a voice that melts your heart. Unfortunately, she still has absolutely no charisma as a performer. I was hoping that by now they’d have worked with her on her performance technique. Oh well, she’s still pretty to look at, and that’s probably enough.

    I was disappointed with Bo on the ‘Big in 2005’ awards. He looked great in the audience, but when he got on stage to accept the award it was a disaster. I don’t get it. Bo is such a charming man, but this time he sounded like he’d been drinking or smoking too much. He just rambled. Sad!

    Luckily he appeared later on The Tonight Show where he was the Bo we all know and love… great voice, great performance, humble to the end. Like the other posters I wasn’t a huge fan of the song. Too Pop. But what can you do? The AI ‘winner’ is a niche market talent. She’s stuck in the country genre. So who’s left to cover the Pop market that AI is all about? Bo!

    On a positive note, I think this kind of song will work well for Bo’s career. I can see a very cool MTV music video that will market Bo to the audience most likely to carry him forward. Then, when he’s fulfilled his ‘19’ contract he’ll have the popularity to move on with his own style.

    Sound like Kelly Clarkson all over again? Good! She is the most successful of the past winners/runners-up. He could do worse than to follow in her career footsteps.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.