+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what would you like to hear for Rock week?

what would you like to hear for Rock week?

Off the top of my head, I'd like to hear some Joplin (Take another Little Piece of my Heart), Stones (Street Fighting Man), Bob Seger (Night Moves), Bruce Springstein (Rosalita), Who (5:15, Baba O'Reilly), Guess Who (Jason are you listening?, No Sugar Tonight), The Band. Showing my age here I think. The mind goes blank on anyone more recent. Lenny Kravitz? (I'd actually appreciate a ska night, but I don't think that's going to happen). Anyone else?

You know, I think I would like to see Jason do Rosalita. I think he could do a very nice job of that.

I don't think I really like the concept of *rock* week, though. It's too subjective. I think elfgirl's suggestions for a classic rock week might be more interesting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie

Sad but True

We were all looking forward to Manoah's rock week...now THAT chick can rock. Maybe some Evanescence again. but the perfect rock song for Manoah would be "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". But, sadly, it's a treat we're going to be denied now. But, when her CD comes out, we'll hear our beloved diva rocking to our heart's content.

Awww they turned Rock N' Roll week into Elvis week I really wanted to hear a variety of Rock N' Roll not just The King awwww I'm upset now

Note:Source July 31st-August 6th issue of TV Canadian Idol feature annoucing all the themes

I read that too. I was really hoping for some good ol' rock. From the Stones to Nirvana, I woulda looked forawrd to that.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Seriously? It's Elvis week instead? Woo-hoo!!

Now that is gonna be cool.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

ohhhhhh Jason should rock Elvis ..
    omg Jacob in the white jump suit!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    I was wondering what kaleb will sing... then I realized he tends to make up his own tune anyway, so he could sing anything... I am thinking Theresa should sing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" and Jason could sing "Suspicious Minds"... I would love to hear/see Jacob doing Heartbreak Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I was wondering what kaleb will sing... then I realized he tends to make up his own tune anyway, so he could sing anything... I am thinking Theresa should sing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" and Jason could sing "Suspicious Minds"... I would love to hear/see Jacob doing Heartbreak Hotel.
    I like about Kaleb making up his own tunes, though if it had been me I would have added a

I like your song selections for Theresa, Jason and Jacob. I'm a little miffed it's just the king though. I just think one singer limits it a little, hope that isn't sacriligious to any Elvis fans.

FORT Fogey
    I agree... I think it could be a mediochre week, with lots of bad Las Vegas-y Elvis impressions... I hope I'm wrong though, so far these guys have impressed me with the uniqueness of their songs (as in no Celine or Sarah Mc-howeveryouspellit on Canadiana day... I hope things keep going like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast