+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What songs would you like to see people perform that's yet to be sung by AI or CI?

FORT Fan

What songs would you like to see people perform that's yet to be sung by AI or CI?

A few of my favourites that's yet to be done.
    Michael Bolton "A Thousand Miles" from Hercules Soundtrack
    Christina's "Beautiful" - IMO a challenging piece
    "I believe I can fly" - cool thing
    Enimem's song from "8 Miles" or something like that:p
    From Anastasia Soundtrack, Journey to the Past
    "When you believe" from "Prince of Egypt"

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Alanis Morissette - Uninvited

requires such powerful vocals and much emotion, would be a daring song to choose but could pay off very well.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    Alanis Morissette - Uninvited

requires such powerful vocals and much emotion, would be a daring song to choose but could pay off very well.
    Only Elena could sing that one! I think it is the music in that song that is powerful ,much more than the singing..
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

I would like to hear someone sing..Sweet Dreams (Patsy Cline). Half Heaven, Half Heartache..Gene Pitney)
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Anything but a Disney song.

I think there are some songs that should be banned from AI or CI!!! Any Disney songs, Whitney or Celine songs .... and Son of a Preacher Man, among others. I get quite upset when one of my favourite songs gets butchered by one of the contestants too. Wasn't it the Hawaiian Camille that butchered an Elton John song? But then again there's Billy Klippert who actually did (IMO) Levon better than Elton.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

FORT Fanatic
    Here, Here Rufus...I was just going to write the same. Sorry Coolman but I think we have completely different taste. I actually like CI better than AI simply because the song selection has more diversity in Canada. There are more folky type of songs, the odd Blue Rodeo or Sarah McGloughlan (sp?). The Disney songs are so soulless no one but a world class vocalist with 40 studio takes can pull them off. Same goes for the over modulated Whitney Houston and Christina songs. Mohanza could have pulled out my favorite performance of CI if he just put a little pain into his singing...great song though. I'm still waiting for Kalan to bang off another "Rising Sun". Maybe a Van Morrision song...he'd own it. The kid has pipes.

McGloughlan
    McLachlan!

FORT Fanatic
    Ah yes...that looks better. My apologies to Sarah.

Yeah, but Sarah and Blue Rodeo have been done. One of the great things about Billy Klippert last year was that he tried to do something a little different when he sang a little STP (a great idea for him, since he has such an excellent rock n' roll voice). I really think that the fact Jenny Gear also did stuff that was outside the norm for these shows was a huge part of her appeal. I just wish these kids would challenge themselves a little more.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast