+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: who's your favorite?

Moose Patrol
    I haven't really found a favourite this season. Unlike last season when Jenny Gear was 'it' for me from the start.

I think I'm going to have to see all 4 groups before making a choice. Kalen kinda bugs me though - not his voice (though that does nothing for me), but rather his Blue Lagoon looks and his overwhelming shyness.

rtp
    FORT Newbie
    Kaleb and of course my saskatoon hometown favorite Theresa

I Absolutly adore Brandy Callahan, Liz Titan and Diane Archer! They are amazing singers but in my honest opinion Brandy takes the lead! Her voice is sooooo soulful! I love her and she got 180 of my votes. Perhaps thats why shes in the top 12? LOL! By the way, is it a top 12 or top 10?

Top 10
    -phusion :phhht

I'm pleased you're enjoying the show, addikted.

I think this season is already superior to last in terms of talent.
    I also like the way they quickly made their way through the auditions and didn't drag it out like AI3.

I liked Brandy during the audition stage, but wasn't all that impresses with her during heat 1.
    She is capable of better so I am pleased for her that she made it through to the top 10 where hopefully she will pull out all the stops.

I like Kaleb a lot.
    I think he was lucky to make it through to the top 32 after his duet, but think he clearly did enough in the eyes of the judges to warrant a spot despite screwing up royally.

I liked Raj too and was disappointed that he didn't make it to the top 10 outright.
    I do think the judges will bring him back for the wildcard show, but I don't hold out ope that he will make it, unless the judges get to confer and pick a finalist.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Hello Canadian FORTers. Just finished getting caught up on the show here from the US. I must admit I was all idol-ed out after AI3 and had little interest in anything Idol, but when I saw in the recap that someone on this show sang “If I Ain’t Got You” (one of my favorite songs in recent memory), I had to check it out for myself. I must say that I am IN LOVE with your show. I am 100% on the same page with the judges as far as the talent criteria. They set the tone by looking for contestants who have true musicality, sing from the heart. Rather than the skewed criteria on AI with peripheral critiques on being pitchy, camera loves you, and having/not having the “it” factor. Also, I must say it’s great watching the show as an outsider and not getting too worked up about the results.

My two faves are Theresa and Diane. Theresa has this cool Joni Mitchell meets Norah Jones kind of vibe. I thought Diane was great from her first audition when she sang that India.Arie song. She is a true neo soul singer, which I always found to be lacking from the AI shows. In just the audition rounds, she’s already shown more of an authentic neo soul vibe than LaToya and Fantasia ever delivered. Looking forward to seeing them both perform next week.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

My faves:

1. Theresa - By a mile. I was worried when she chose Summertime, but, man, not only did she really nail it, but she did it in a jazzy way that was a completely different animal than the splendid renditions that Fantasia has given us.

2. Kalan - The first male performer on an idol show that I've ever REALLY enjoyed. I've been impressed and taken in by every one of his performances so far. btw, I don't think he is really that shy. To me, it seems that he's just doing that quiet, coy pretty-boy thing. It probably serves him quite well.

3. Kyla - Silky, smooth soulful voice. I really hope CA makes the right choice next week.

4. Jacob Hoggard - Quirky but not annoying, stays in tune and has a very unique voice. I expect he'll be a lot of fun if he manages not to go too overboard.

I also like Bernard, Raj and perhaps Valeria and Annie (if they could get control their accents a little better.)

1. Theresa
    2. Kalan
    3. Kyla
    4. Jason
    5. Becky

Others I like: Annie, Jermaine (pre-top32), Jessica, Kaleb, Andrea Gal

FORT Newbie
    I liked Teresa the moment she opened her mouth. She should win. (Of course I was a big Jenny Gear fan too - so what do I know!)

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Elena, Theresa, Jason

Now it's just Theresa and Kalan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast