+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 3: AI3 vs AI2

FORT Fogey
    Isn't this interesting that the majority of us think that AI2 top 3 were much better than AI3, AND we hear Simon declares that Fantasia is the best AI singer EVER in the history of American Idol?

She was no doubt the best in THIS YEAR competition but to say that she is THE best....

Nah!

FORT Newbie
    I don't think that AI3's top3 is better, but for me, AI3's top12 is the best ever. They each different voices...

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    IMO the AI2 top three were "better", I don't think it's even a close race.
    I'll echo what most of you have said. Not even a question in my mind
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Just fanning the flames here.. but I am also in agreement with most of you that AI2 was far superior than AI3.. No question about it. The entire top 12 was much more talented and much more fun to watch in AI2 than AI3.. We all agree that the top 3 in AI2 was much better.. but even look on down the line..

AI3:
    Jasmine -- ok, but would have only been middle of the pack in AI2
    LaToya -- by far the best competitor in AI3
    George -- ok, but not as good as Josh Gracin, Ruben, Clay, or even Ricky
    JPL -- c'mon.. this guy sounds weird, his antics/dancing the only reason he moved along.
    John S. -- a breath of fresh air..when in tune.. but that is pretty rare.
    Matt -- terrible
    Camille -- god awful
    Amy -- boring
    That first chick (forgot her name) -- terrible.

AI3:

Top 3 -- awesome
    Josh -- not bad, had some great performances, had some average ones.
    Kim C -- ok voice, good performer, good personality
    Trenyce -- very good
    Ricky -- fairly talented, good personality
    Corey -- not bad, probably would have gone farther if not for his arraignment
    Julie -- I thought she sucked, but I guess she is selling CDs..
    can't remember the others..

I was just far more entertained by AI2, and thought the competition was much more fun to watch.. As far as Fantasia being the best contestant.. Puhlease! She wasn't even the best in her season..

Jebbers all-time AI short list:

1. Kelly Clarkson
    2. Clay Aiken
    3. Reuben Studdard
    4. LaToya London
    5. Kimberly Locke
    6. Fantasia Barrino
    7. Trenyce
    8. Diana DeGarmo
    9. Justin Guarinni
    10. Jennifer Hudson

FORT Newbie
    Got to disagree just a little, or maybe not. I think that AI3 was a bit better because I do believe that Fantasia is the best ever, but also because it seemed this year that a surprise was always possible. La Toya's country night (can't remember song) performance, Jen's 'Circle of Life', and of course Fantasia's Willie Nelson and Queen covers.

On the other hand, there were way too many in AI3 who blew it almost every week. I really wanted to hear JPL blow me away with some CCR, or Camile do something with confidence, but it never happened. In AI3, I felt that I missed the chance to see several of the contestants at their best.

-Alex

I definitely agree that AI2's top 3 were better than this year's!!! I think both Fantasia and Diana are quite talented and each had some pretty ding dang good performances (and one AWESOME one in Fantasia's first performance of "Summertime") but Jasmine? Uh uh. But last year's top 3 gave me goosebumps on numerous occasions (Kim and Clay especially towards the end, and Ruben more in the beginning).

Here's hoping AI4 actually lives up to the hype!

Gotta give credit to Fantasia for never giving up and she pulled it off.

Latoya was my favorite and because of the pity votes she and Jennifer should have been in the finals and I think if those three had been the last three then we would have had a major competition.
    But having said that I think Diana and Fantasia did a really wonderful job and I am proud of both of them.

FORT Newbie
    AI2 is much much better than AI3! AI 3 can't compare to any of the two seasons.

AI2 by far the best season of all, the top 3 of this season was ok because it had jassy and the finale was ok, would have been better if it had latoya, season 2 top 3 ok, wanted josh in it instead of kim l. and finale was superb would have been better with josh in it but loved it anyway,
    kEnJiXs

BRING BACK SANJAYA... CHRIS RICHARDSON

Quote Originally Posted by Jebber78
    Jebbers all-time AI short list:

1. Kelly Clarkson
    2. Clay Aiken
    3. Reuben Studdard
    4. LaToya London
    5. Kimberly Locke
    6. Fantasia Barrino
    7. Trenyce
    8. Diana DeGarmo
    9. Justin Guarinni
    10. Jennifer Hudson
    IMHO:
    1-3. Clay/Kelly/K-lo
    4. Tamyra
    5. Reuben
    6. Trenyce
    7. Latoya
    8-10. Christina C, Josh, Fantasia

So, obviously, I thought the top AI1 and AI2 singers were better than AI3. I honestly think Trenyce would have beat Fantasia this year, even tho I agree that Fantasia is somewhat unique.

The other thing was that I thought that 1-7 above were amazingly consistent (that is, only Latoya was consistently good even if boring at times). Very little by way of pitch problems. This year we had to endure alot more bad performances -- either pitchiness, screaming or overstylized singing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast