+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So...are you going to watch until the end?

Despite the fact I was less than thrilled with last week's and a few other weeks results, I'll still be watching. I could say that I'll stop watching, but I know I can't because I'm an Idol addict!
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

Of course, I'm watching!
    I knew once Tamyra was voted out what this show was all about. It's about popularity and marketability, so I don't get too emotionally attached to any of the singers anymore. i do get a little upset when my faves get voted out, but I get over it fast.

The way I see it, is that they are all getting exposure, and it's up to them to take that opportunity and turn it into major success.

I just wish that those that say they will stop watching the show once their favorite is voted out keep their word. It's getting old reading the same threats over and over again.

FORT Fogey
    I dont plan to watch. I used to schedule things around AI, but this week, now that LaToya is gone, I have other plans. While im interested to see what the song choices are, i'll just see what you guys say later tonight. I may watch tomorrow to see Tamyra but again, I have plans. I really cant stomach - no pun intended - Diana both vocally and personality wise and Jasmine, while I think she's cute, no...

Hi Oldschoolbabe!

While I have had one or two favorites this season, no one has wowed me like last year. What a relief--no great singer necessary to defend at the FORT this year.

Watching till the end, even if it was John Stevens and Camile

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I'll probably continue to watch.
    I was hoping to not care who won this season and I don't,as long as it's not Jasmine.
    atta girl! (I hope )

Btw... I'll stop watching AI:3 as soon as the Idol is crowned. I have had enough!
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

FORT Fogey
    What really turned me off the AI3 is the judges comments,

Yesterday, Randy was on "Access Hollywood" (I think). First, he said that Fantasia MUST be an American Idol. Says who?(BTW, I think that Fantasia is the most talented of 3 finalists) BUT I don't need Randy to tell me who should win.

Then this ...k, will try to keep it civil, Randy was asked if in his opinion he thinks Jasmine can win? HE LAUGHED! What kind of response is it? Even if you don't think she can win why do you need to disrespect the contestant (who is only 17 btw, and maybe didn't learn how to react to such crap yet).

He and Simon are making fun of these kids OFF the show! I can't imagine how low they can go. And what kind of respect they going to get from the viewers if they have no respect for the contestants?

Talk about credebility... Amazing...

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    What really turned me off the AI3 is the judges comments,

[Randy] He and Simon are making fun of these kids OFF the show! I can't imagine how low they can go. And what kind of respect they going to get from the viewers if they have no respect for the contestants?

Talk about credebility... Amazing...
    Exactly my thoughts!

I see people arguing that it is the "Judge's job" to be critical and Judge. Well duh! No one is stoping the judges from judging them on the show. But since this is American Idol and not Judge's Idol.. based on their "critiques" of these contestant(s) I may or may not agree with them. IT IS MY RIGHT TO DISAGREE AS A VIEWER AND ARDENT FAN OF THE SHOW!
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Even though I may agree with Simon and Randy, I totally agree with you too, Justafan1. They SHOULD NOT be so damned critical of anyone else and overly doting on Fantasia. If Fantasia is to be the American Idol, she'll prove it on her own. Same with Jasmine and Diana...if they're not good at singing and won't win...then they'll prove it on their own!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Nope. So over this season.
    I might glance at the TV long enough to grab Fantasia's # and vote for her a handful of times, but this that's all.

Will watch the Finale to see the other contestants-- especially crazy-man JPL. That is all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast