+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AI3 Summer Concert Tour

I'll probably go to the Nashville show as a birthday treat (a week late) for myself. I've never been to an AI show before, but I'd like to see my favorites again (since I don't get to see them on the show anymore).
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

I'll definitely be going to the Dallas concert. I do find it strange, however, that last years' Idol concert was at the American Airlines Arena here which has 20,000 seats, and this years' event is at the Nokia Theater with 6,500 seats... I wonder why they downgraded the seating capacity like that? I'll have to be sure to get my seats early. I also went to the Clay/Kelly concert at the Nokia Theater, which sold out almost before the tickets went on sale.
    I've registered at Ticketmaster, the Poptarts site, and AllAccess for Nokia events, so I should be covered (fingers crossed).

My local newspaper gave info on the AI3 concert this morning and along with the ticket prices ($36 & $46) it said that the TOP 10 finalists will be on the tour. They also listed the names and NO Leah LaBelle & Matt Rogers will not be on the road with the rest of them. I really don't know why the entire group of 12 can't be on the tour.

I really don't know why the entire group of 12 can't be on the tour.

I thought everyone would be in the tour. At least that's what I have read from this forum. Why the sudden change??

Quote Originally Posted by rootin4jasmine

I thought everyone would be in the tour. At least that's what I have read from this forum. Why the sudden change??
    I thought that it was the top 10 last year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal
    AI3 SUMMER CONCERT TOUR (tickets go on sale 5/22 @10am)

Aug-18 Jacksonville, FL Veterans Memorial Arena

Its not fair! The first year they come to my town, is the first year i dont want to go. :phhht

It was the Top 10 last year, Eldee. You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    It was the Top 10 last year, Eldee. You're right.
    Actually, it wasn't exactly the top 10 last year.

Vanessa wasn't included. Some say it was because she was top 12 but other people say it was becuase she upset the AI folks since she posed nude for PETA and therefore they didn't invite her.

Charles was top 11 but replaced Corey Clarke who was booted due to an arrest.

And Josh Gracin didn't show. Perhaps due to his inability to get military leave...but some speculate because he was at odds with the AI producers.

I meant that 10 were going to be chosen. Then other things happened, like Crystal mention, ie. Josh didn't show up. I was told that only 10 would be invited. If it was 12 for AI and was originally supposed to have been 12 for AI2, I wasn't aware of it. Sorry folks, that was my mistake (not Lobeck's).
    Last edited by eldee; 04-30-2004 at 06:07 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Wait a minute, the top 12 are not all on the AI tour? Why do they advertise see your favorite idol when not all of them are on there? Better yet, why did Leah sign a touring option if she is not going? Hmmm, it makes you wonder. C'mon Idol, get on the ball and bring all 12!

and what's up with Leah's comment...

Randy and Paula have both said this is the best Top 12 yet. How do you think your group compares to the other two seasons?
    Um, I don't know how they can really compare, because we're all different. Every single one of us is an individual and a different type of performer. But, I think overall our group is amazingly talented. Putting us together was a good thing, and I think the tour is gonna be great.

She just said all 12 are going to be on tour. 12? 10? Someone make up their mind. I wish AI would just release an official list of performers and not leak info that contradicts the previous info that they leaked.
    Last edited by TNKY; 05-01-2004 at 12:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread