+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3 1/19/04: Taking A Bite Out Of The Big Apple

Did anybody notice Paula being edgier? It seemed like she was more willing to dismiss folks in a tougher way. Maybe that'll stop once the 32 finalists are chosen and she develops surface relationships with them.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Lobes, Excellent recap, good to have ya back! HUGS!!!!

I personally thought the red-head Dean Martin boy was adorable..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Good recap, Lobeck, but you forgot a few key details about the first girl who auditioned. She came in and described how awful she was in the Army as a cook, gun shooter, and how she got in trouble for talking back to her superiors. That's what kept Simon from putting her through to the next round, not her voice. She wouldn't be marketable as an Army loser...

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VSU1995Female
    The song was My Friend by Shai...(I think that is what he sung)..A now defunct group from Howard University.

I remember that song and group...Its a great song...kinda Boys to Men-ish.
    It was their only hit, sung a capella I think.

Why did they keep calling his brother Jesus? (Pronouncing it like Gee-sus)
    Its Hay-sus. LOL
    My brother name is Jesus and people all the time say Gee-sus or Jesse...lolol
    He usually doesnt bother to correct them like the guy on TV.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Its Hay-sus. LOL
    My brother nad I was cracking up over that. He said.. What if Jesus (Gee-sus) won American Idol...hopefully he will correct them soon.
    My purpose in life is to make a great mother-in-law. Love you Trey!

Quote Originally Posted by jmsjmsjms
    Good recap, Lobeck, but you forgot a few key details about the first girl who auditioned. She came in and described how awful she was in the Army as a cook, gun shooter, and how she got in trouble for talking back to her superiors. That's what kept Simon from putting her through to the next round, not her voice. She wouldn't be marketable as an Army loser...
    IMHO, I don't think that's "what kept Simon from putting her through to the next round". I think she was just being very self-deprecating. I think Simon liked her but just didn't feel that she was right for this sort of competition.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    IMHO, I don't think that's "what kept Simon from putting her through to the next round". I think she was just being very self-deprecating. I think Simon liked her but just didn't feel that she was right for this sort of competition.
    Not to mention the fact that if she did make it to the top 32 or whatever, there would be a chance that she would have to leave for active duty.

Knowing 19E, after Josh didn't get to tour last year, they probably figured how much moola it cost them not to have his fans there and didn't want to deal with that again, in case she made top 10. Not that they lost a lot of dough, but every penny matters to them.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Absolutely Fabulous as usual Lobeck.

There were some interesting hopefuls this year and I only hope there performances don’t take the nose-dive in Hollywood like so many other hopefuls did last year for AI2. I also have to mention Scooter Girl. I’ll agree that she was probably not the best hopeful in NY but she has the character that is so very important and extremely valuable for anyone going into the entertainment business. Her ability to capture people’s attention (even without the scooter) and her sense of humor will take her a long way. I think she needs some more practice but she should do just fine.

One last thing, is it just me or does Paula’s new due make her look a lot like Katie Couric?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Its Hay-sus. LOL
    You know, that surprised me at first, too. But since Ryan kept saying it that way later, I'm not so sure he DOES pronounce it "Hay-sus" and I'm kind of hoping I'm right, and that there will be contestants named Mary & Joseph. Oh, the possibilites for fun with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast