+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 180 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Thank you Kyle.

clay is in costume in that red hair picture, he isnt meant to look handsome.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Clay and the cowardly lion photo, side by side, I think they both look really cute!

FORT Fan

Clay Aiken
    by Kathy Henderson
    Broadway.com

Everybody knows that Clay Aiken can sing, but—surprise!—he can also hold his own on a Broadway stage. To be more precise, he can hula, ogle scantily clad girls, discuss flying coconuts in a British accent, pretend to poop in his tunic, do a Cossack-style line dance and perform a lightning-fast patter song ("You won't succeed on Broadway if you don't have any Jews") without dropping a syllable.

As Sir Robin in Spamalot, the 29-year-old American Idol runner-up appears perfectly at ease in the world of Monty Python—which, he recently claimed, he thought was a person until he saw the show. The "fish out of water" angle of Clay Aiken starring in Spamalot has already led to a couple of snarky magazine articles, including one in New York in which the writer recorded Aiken's quotes in an exaggerated imitation of his North Carolina accent. No wonder his personal publicist now keeps a sharp ear (and a stopwatch) on Aiken's interviews.

The truth is, Clay is a smart guy who knows what works for him, and he was shrewd enough to realize that Spamalot, in its own nutty way, would be a good match for his talents and his sunny sensibility.

"If somebody said to me, 'Who in this cast has never done theater?' he is the last person I would have chosen," says Hannah Waddingham, the Olivier Award-nominated British musical star who joined the Tony-winning musical as the Lady of the Lake the same night Aiken debuted. Three weeks into his run, Broadway's new Sir Robin shared his impressions of life in Spamalot.

How did you feel after your first Broadway performance?
    I thought, "Well, thank god that's over!" [Laughs.] A lot of people had asked me if I was nervous, and I didn't know the appropriate response. I really wasn't. I don't know if that's bad—to not be nervous. Yeah, it was the first time I was doing this, but the audience thing doesn't freak me out that much. I figured I was going to screw up at some point, so there's no reason to be nervous about wondering when [laughs]. It was actually somewhat relaxing, because the rehearsals are sooo grueling. It's not just the schedule, it's all the information and learning "this that, this that, this that, this that." Having the opportunity to go out and do everything you learned was kind of refreshing and kind of nice.

Had you ever acted on stage?

I played Will Parker in Oklahoma! when I was in tenth grade.

The rest of this longish but excellent interview:

Clay Aiken, Q&A Interview: Broadway.com Buzz

ogle scantily clad girls
    The one I'm skeptical about.

The rest? Fine.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2791054;
    The one I'm skeptical about.

The rest? Fine.
    That's why it's called acting, tee hee.

FORT Fan

He has always liked the girls. He says he's straight. Can't you guys just let it go?

I love Clay's sense of humor. He's a perfect fit for the show.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;2791721;
    He has always liked the girls. He says he's straight. Can't you guys just let it go?
    To be honest with you, who cares if he is or not (this is not a poke at you. I agree with you, I'm just using your quote as example). It is NONE of our business what his sexual preference is. It has nothing to do with his singing ability, so why wonder about it?? Use your time wondering if Clay is gay to do something more constructive!!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gay, straight or down the center lane the man can sing a song! I personally could care less. I just don't get the need to know. Apparently he is getting props for his work on broadway (and not just for that voice) and I say more power to him.

+ Reply to Thread