+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fan

Re: Clay Aiken

I doubt that Clay had to find a way to have children and had to resort to a middle aged woman. It appears to be just the opposite. She was looking at her last chance and he not only agreed to help her out by being the donor but he also will take his role as father to heart and be involved in the raising of the child. She could have gone the anonymous donor/sperm bank route but she chose him and he agreed.

Sperm donor does not equal "Dad" or really even "Father". Just because Clay chose to help this woman out (well ... she's not officially out yet, I suppose), the same way David Crosby helped Melissa Ethridge out, doesn't make him Dad. Kudos to him for helping a friend, but those sites that claim he's going to be a father, and those posts above praising that he will be a good dad are very likely completely off.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3030091;
    Sperm donor does not equal "Dad" or really even "Father". Just because Clay chose to help this woman out (well ... she's not officially out yet, I suppose), the same way David Crosby helped Melissa Ethridge out, doesn't make him Dad. Kudos to him for helping a friend, but those sites that claim he's going to be a father, and those posts above praising that he will be a good dad are very likely completely off.
    I think people are commenting that way because the news sources that have confirmed it, are saying that Clay is going to help raise the child, and be active..so in that sense he is more then a sperm doner, when you raise and love a child, and they have your gene's..no matter the way that its gotten, you are a father.

I agree AllDone, I think that jaymes saw herself getting older and not having children, and wanted to be able to choose the father for her child, and thought that Clay would be a good choice, and he was asked and he agree'd. The fact that he is going to be an active father under this circumstance is very noble, there are people who do the deed the old fashioned way, and still arent active..so kudos to Clay for being more then a sperm donor.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Other than TMZ (who skates the border between an actual news source and an online Enquirer clone), where are you reading this. I've not seen any quotes from Clay at all on this (or even quotes from someone credible like the mother or David Foster that say this).

That aside - I consider an "active father" as someone that's in the house parenting ... not someone that drops by to take the kid out for icecream occasionally. I doubt he's going to be in the house. like I said - kudos for helping Ms. Foster, and kudos if TMZ is right and he does turn out to help with entertainment/babysitting ... but I think the idea that he's going to be an "active father" is false.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3030197;
    Other than TMZ (who skates the border between an actual news source and an online Enquirer clone), where are you reading this. I've not seen any quotes from Clay at all on this (or even quotes from someone credible like the mother or David Foster that say this).
    It's on people.com too:

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3029383;
    People magazine is such a celebrity brown-nosing magazine they very likely wouldn't publish this if it were just tabloid speculation/fabrication.

not someone that drops by to take the kid out for icecream occasionally. I doubt he's going to be in the house
    why? why are you believing the part of the story that it is true, but not the part of the story that says clay is going to be active in helping to raise the child? If its true, there is no doubt in my mind, knowing clays story and his absent father, that Clay is going to be a father in every sense of the word. and congrats to him! a baby is a big deal, I certainly wish him much joy and happiness in this blessing.
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 05-30-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3030273;
    It's on people.com too:

People magazine is such a celebrity brown-nosing magazine they very likely wouldn't publish this if it were just tabloid speculation/fabrication.
    People's source has denied the statements yet People did not pull the article as requested. David Foster's ex wife, BJ Cook also denied that it is true.

This puts People firmly in the rumor mongering tabloid category because they won't pull it even though it is unsourced.

Clay Aiken Is Going to Be a Dad - Babies, Clay Aiken : People.com

David Foster's sister having Clay Aiken's baby?

Earlier, website People.com quoted David Foster's agent, Bill Vigars, confirming the reports. Vigars has since denied making the remarks and asked People to pull the article.

Cook flatly denies the rumours. Foster is due in August, she said, but Aiken is not involved.

Calls to Jaymes Foster were not returned. When reached by phone, David Foster refused to comment on the rumours.

This whole father/sperm doner thing puts the "eepy" in creepy.

That aside - I consider an "active father" as someone that's in the house parenting ... not someone that drops by to take the kid out for icecream occasionally. I doubt he's going to be in the house. like I said - kudos for helping Ms. Foster, and kudos if TMZ is right and he does turn out to help with entertainment/babysitting ... but I think the idea that he's going to be an "active father" is false.
    Reportedly, Clay has been living with this woman for years and that they're best friends. So yes, I'm sure that he will be an "active father" that lives with his kid.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

According to the Raleigh newspaper this morning, Calls to Aiken's representatives have yet to be returned."
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread