+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

I think he thinks that anyone on idol is a tv star...as far as they came into their celebrity on tv...yet he is solely a tv star, but Carrie, daughtry and kelly would have had success without idol, and he wouldnt have...his album sales come more from his tv spots and interviews.
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 04-25-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Billy: and Ryan Tedder again, from One Republic.
    Clay: That's right, don't give me too much credit for it, I just sang it.
    Billy: but, uh, you felt it. Why that song?
    Clay: Just the fact that, uh, I talked about it, uh, a lot of times that, whether it be my relationship with my biological father or my sister who committed suicide when I was, um - a few years ago - , you know just a number of things that I've gone through in life that kind of makes you who you are - that I had a blessed, a favored life. I think that people who live like that really don't learn much about yourself and you learn more about yourself and you become a better person based on the experience you go through and that song says that, I mean, that;s exactly what it says, and I've been very lucky with a lot of things, and, um, so I'm very fortunate for Idol and for anything that's happened beyond and even before, and the song kind of talks about that, it makes you who you are, so ...
    Billy: The Real Me is an interesting track; you said "I want people to - ah, Clay -you said, I want people to take a song ...
    Clay: Well, because I know exactly where you're going, Mr Billy Bush.
    Billy: No, I'm not. Let's play the begining part, let's just - give me the begining. This is not the first single, but it may be the second - let's hear it.
    All right, Clay, The Real Me - Listen to these words, and I think it suggests some pain here.
    The Real Me Plays
    Billy: All right, now. "How much will they take before I'm empty?" It's about picking away at inner Clay.
    Clay: No, it's a beautiful song and the story behind it.
    Billy: It is.
    Clay: I didn't write the song - I say a lot of the stuff, a lot of ...
    Billy:You don't need to tell people that.
    Clay: No well, I do 'cause I didn't write it. The point is that you sing songs that you think will affect other people as well. The first time I heard this song, you know, it's not - it's one of the songs on the album that has been released before, and so we put it on. It's not completely original to me, it has been released before. It's actually a Christian song. It's written by a Christian artist named Natalie Grant, who just won the Dove Award for best female vocalist a night or 2 ago. Phenomenal singer, and the song I'm sure is very personal to her, and when I listened to it the first time, actually I listened to it.
    Billy: Why did it connect to you?
    Clay: Well I heard it definitely, I still hear it, and I hate to say things like this 'cause I like people to be able to interpret songs the way they want to. To me it is, I hear the religious, um, you know it's a song to God. You see the real me, versus some people who will listen to it and think its their brother or their mother, their best friend or their lover - you know what I mean? It needs to be interpretable to me. Yeah, there are definitely things that, there are things that, um, that I connect with; the second verse says "Painted on, life is behind a mask, self inflicted circus clown." You know obviously there are things that I think people assume, you know. I constantly meet people who, they think they know who I am because of Idol. "Oh you're that sweet little boy from North Carolina who taught kids with disabilities," and I say, "Yeah, that's the case," but I can sometimes become a - sometimes to, so it's amazing what people will, um, assume just 'cause they think they know you, and that's not neccessarily the case. I'm not different. I mean I don't portray myself to be different than I am, but, you know, I have friends who are in similar positions to me in the industry and I've talked to them a number of times about how it's interesting when you meet people they think they know who you are, and they find out you're not as cool as you were on TV and they don't want to talk to you any more.
    Billy: In studio with Clay Aiken here celebrating his new album and listening to some songs here. Clay, a couple of quick questions: do women still hurl their panties up onstage?
    Clay: (cute laugh) Um, you know, I took a break after idol for a while and we haven't had that, thankfully, in Spamalot because that could be quite dangerous to the rest of the cast. The last time it happened, it happened at a Christmas tour, like a full symphony show. I sang with the Minnesota Symphony for a Christmas tour, beautiful, sentimental type show and someone threw their underwear up on stage and I don't quite get it/
    Billy: You've had, I mean, pairs, I mean that was recently. I mean, in the begining after Idol.
    Clay: They used to attach checks to them which was pretty funny. They would attach checks to my foundation to the underwear, and we've had a few ladies who threw up Depends that says "Your older fans love you too," so, if you can't beat 'em ...
    Billy:: You know, that's so - that's just great though. You know what the amazing thing is Clay? Probably back in school you weren't one of the most popular kids.
    Clay: What? Not at all.
    Billy: But your first album goes over 600,000 copies in the first week, and you shoot to number 1 on the billboard charts faster than anyone ever has, and you know what? You're wildly popular today. Back then I can almost see your mother saying "Oh, son, its going to happen, you're going to have ... " and most people would say that woman is crazy/
    Clay: Well she wanted, well she wanted it more than I did too. I mean she always kind of said that that's what she wanted for me the most, she wanted me to be a singer and when I became a teacher she was like "Oh, OK."
    Billy:Sing, son.
    Clay: But what about your - when are you gonna sing?
    Billy: You know what? You deserve every bit of the success, and I'm so happy. This new album is fantastic, folks! If you're a Clay Aiken fan, and if you're not, check it out - it's really good stuff!
    Clay: Please
    Billy: Thank you very much, man.
    Clay: Thank you.
    Billy: Clay aiken, on the Billy Bush show[/quote]
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 04-26-2008 at 06:37 AM.

here is the audio from the text of the interview above..scroll down to clays picture to hear

Billy Bush: Interviews
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Looks like Clay is getting a jump start on album sales via QVC.

QVC Programming Guide - Your Favorite Home Shopping Show Schedules - Days & Times for Television Shopping Shows on QVC

04:00 - 05:00 PM CLAY AIKEN Q SESS-ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS
    Monday, April 28, 2008
04:00 - 05:00 PM PDT

Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, “Measure of a Man.” This eagerly anticipated new CD, “On My Way Here,” is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He’ll win your heart again, as Clay joins us for Q Sessions Live and performs select songs from On My Way Here. Release date subject to change without notice.

This will be aired at 7 PM EDT (6 PM CDT). Not sure about Mountain Time.

Clay's on QVC tonight, April 28th? What time is on in PST, anyone know? Thank you.

Listened to the rest of Clay's songs and I can happily say, so far I like them all, whee!

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2954373;
    Clay's on QVC tonight, April 28th? What time is on in PST, anyone know? Thank you.

Listened to the rest of Clay's songs and I can happily say, so far I like them all, whee!
    its on at the same time all over...so its 7 ET, it will be 4 PST almost time they are saying he is going to be on for the full hour!!

What exactly is it about Clay Aiken that has caused 108 pages of threads to be written about a guy who has been off of Idol for 5 seasons? I compare with some others and don't see the "mania" for lack of a better word for those other contestants (including some with more productive careers!). I keep seeing this thread, about a season 2 contestant, bumped up to the top repeatedly, yet not the same for Underwood, Hudson, Fantasia, Clarkson, et al.

I don't get it ... so what's the story?
    Last edited by dagwood; 04-28-2008 at 08:14 PM.

It may be the wave of the future or some new marketing bonanza, but hawking your album on QVC for an hour seems to be a very strange thing for me. I don't get it.

QVC Programming Guide - Your Favorite Home Shopping Show Schedules - Days & Times for Television Shopping Shows on QVC

04:00 - 05:00 PM - CLAY AIKEN Q SESS-ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS
    Monday, April 28, 2008
04:00 - 05:00 PM PT
    Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, “Measure of a Man.” This eagerly anticipated new CD, “On My Way Here,” is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He’ll win your heart again, as Clay joins us for Q Sessions Live and performs select songs from On My Way Here. Release date subject to change without notice.
    Yes, the show airs once. When it will air in your area depends on your time zone (ET, CT, MT, PT, etc.) and whether you're on daylight savings time or not. Parts of Indiana and Tennessee, I think, plus the state of Arizona, stay on standard time year-around.
    For instance, if you're on CDT (Central Daylight Time), the show will air at 6:00 PM. If you're still on standard time (CST), it will air at 5:00PM for you.
    Good idea: CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS

Oh, and you can go to the QVC website and pre-order the CD before the show airs. No need to deal with busy signals and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2954812;
    It may be the wave of the future or some new marketing bonanza, but hawking your album on QVC for an hour seems to be a very strange thing for me. I don't get it.
    Probably wants to make sure his album sells well or at least gets the publicity so the public will at least be aware he has a new one out May 6. If it works well for Clay, this may very well be the new trend. Why not?

+ Reply to Thread