+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ryan Seacrest, Host

FORT Fan

Re: Ryan Seacrest, Host

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3877045;
    Maybe since this season seems to be "lackluster", ....
    I agree. It is lackluster. I was not motivated to tune in last night. But I did anyway. I would like to know the total vote count from last night. Will Ryan disclose it? Is the show really tanking this season?

About Ryan, his jokes and whatever little things he does are so fake. Because it is not natural to him. I think he is trying to be "entertaining", probably at the request of the producers. That said, Ryan still is the backbone of the show. He conducts the show from start to end, week after week, without any flaws or even a stutter. He is really good in what he does. He also plays the pep-talker, crying-shoulder roles during the auditions very well.

FORT Fogey

Normally I give Ryan so much credit for keeping the show running well,,,but apparently we all noted the same thing.last night. And it was NOT funny...none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3876754;
    What was with Ryan last night??? He was uncharacteristically "off". The tongue comment with Adam and the Dunkleman comment were just not Ryan. He almost seem hyper and not connecting to the show at all
    I told DH he seemed like he was either drunk or smoking something funny. It was uncomfortable to watch, and I was embarassed for him.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

There were a number of stories about exactly that....what was he doing to appear on TV that way when he was never anything but profession in all his previous gigs. I hope it was just allergy meds or something. I wonder if ever answered his critics on his radio show. But, I thought he was better in last night's show. It will be something to watch, if he repeats that behavior

During the results show he seemed back to normal...a bit subdued even. I think he got the message.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

EW reporter Adam Vary took advantage of the post-show press meet & greet to try to get some answers about Ryan's weird behavior Tuesday night.

'American Idol' finalists talk about Ryan Seacrest's strange behavior: 'We were worried about Ryan a little'

Excerpts:

We started off with Tim Urban, who perhaps suffered the worst of Seacrest’s weirdness: the Idol host’s decision to start slow dancing with one of Lee DeWyze’s beefy buddies while Urban was performing “I Can’t Help Falling In Love.” “It was a little weird,” Urban said backstage after the show, “because people laughed at [Ryan] dancing in the middle of the song, so I had to zone it out. I could kind of catch it in the corner of my eye that he was dancing. I just tried not to think about it.”

...“What he just did on [the live show] was nothing,” Urban said. “Dress rehearsal was nuts. We were in the back going, ‘All right?’ We did not know what was happening.” Fellow contestant Crystal Bowersox agreed. “We were worried about Ryan a little,” she said. “He was kooky, in a sweet Ryan kind of way.”

Leave it to young Katie Stevens, meanwhile, to sleuth out that sleep deprivation was to blame for Ryan’s tomfoolery. ”I asked him, after dress rehearsal, ‘Ryan, what is up with you?’” said Stevens. “And he goes, ‘You know, I’m really, really tired right now, so I’m trying to fool myself into thinking that I’m awake.’ [He was] over-caffeinated.”

I'm willing to forgive him one night of weirdness and bad taste because the rest of the time, he's really great with the contestants and seems sweet. I really think he cares about the kids and feels bad when they get slammed by the judges. Now, if the behavior from Tuesday night becomes a habit, I might change my opinion, but I won't after one flubtastic night.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I, too, have to give the guy a lot of credit and perhaps cut him some slack.
    He seems to work non-stop on every other TV program, either in front of or behind the scenes.
    I think that Ryan has to prove something to himself. He seems extremely insecure and deeply afraid that he could lose everything he's been working so hard for. I just definitely see that overweight elementary school kid trying to prove something to all the bullies who undoubtedly picked on him in the schoolyard. I've just always gotten that vibe from him.

A question for all of you who watched first season. I never did.
    Was Dunkleman a threat to Ryan as a co-host? Is that why they got rid of him? Ryan seems obsessed with him, just like he seems obsessed with Simon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think Ryan has always done a great job on the show. He's entitled to an off night every now and then.

Here's a new rumor.

Julianne Hough keeps coy on Seacrest rumors | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    Julianne Hough keeps coy on Seacrest rumors
    Country singer and Dancing With The Stars pro Julianne Hough isn't making her romantic life public, but she is giving hints that rumors linking her to American Idol host Ryan Seacrest are true.

When asked Tuesday whether she is dating Seacrest, Hough laughed and said that she wasn't going to confirm or deny anything. While she answered, Hough looked up and to the right with a coy smile on her face.

Hough went on to say: "Ryan's great. He's a really good guy."

Hough was in Nashville to participate in the ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp for people with Williams Syndrome. She sang karaoke with the campers at a local bar and signed autographs.

+ Reply to Thread