+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Simon Cowell, Judge

[IMG]images/img/simon_72.jpeg[/IMG]

SIMON COWELL

Simon Cowell’s music career is now infamous having, over the past 20 years, shaped what we consider to be modern pop music today. In the last 10 years, Simon, a BMG Record Executive, has been making and breaking records. Cowell has achieved sales of over 25 million albums, over 70 top 30 records and 17 number 1 singles.

Simon became a celebrity in his own right for reducing a string of teenage wannabes to tears while serving as a judge on the UK version of the show, "Pop Idol."

I am so glad he is back. He is the only one who dares tell the truth.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I agree.
    I think he's right more often than he's wrong.
    As I said in another thread, I wasn't impressed with his decision to wildcard Carmen, as I felt he was clearly going for looks over singing talent.
    The fact that she has managed to get a couple of acting roles on the strength of AI but doesn't appear to be doing any professional singing at the moment would probably support the idea that her looks can help her carve a career.
    "That's Numberwang!"

He's definitly more about whether he can market someone as a 'package'. I still adore his style, though. I think he prepares kids for what it would really be like to audition for a record executive. If they can't handle harsh criticism, they've chosen the wrong dream to follow.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I agree SG.
    I also have no pity for anyone who gets a tongue lashing from him for being obviously crap now.
    After two seasons people should know what he's like.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm a Simon fan. There are times I'd like to take him across my knee and whack his buttinsky though.

I would say that at least 90% of the time he's upfront and correct when giving a contestant a critique.....

As opposed 180 to Paula. She's all about talking "goose bumps". She's a performer and a producer. She should know better than give those syrupy "y'all's juz wunnnnnerfuh" remarks. That doesn't help them in the least.

So far, the biggest faux poopoo Simon made was about Clay when he said Clay wasn't popstar material. Whoooo Boy!

I'm having huge AI withdrawals........no energy to

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    He's has the guts, definitely. And don't give a care too. But he is gonna be in the show throughout ? I thought I heard a news on him being unable to make it for some episodes or something... . Not sure myself...

I think he's right about the critique that he gives the contestants but I don't understand why he has to be so cruel. Well, okay, I do understand why he's so cruel. But I don't think it's right and I hate how he treats people. He's not constructive, at all. He's just mean.

I can understand if he wants to tell someone they have no talent because I think some of the people who try out for the show should be told that so they don't have future embarassments, etc. but the way that he does it is a little disgusting, imo.

I think some of those people deserve to be embarassed in the future quite honestly.

If the likes of Keith seriously thinks he's talented, then he needs a pretty severe wake up call imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    fluff, I think it's the people around him who are encouraging him (to fail) who need to feel the worst.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast