+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Results Show discussion thread 8/12 *Spoilers*

FORT Fanatic
    I was stunned to see Gary stay. He was sharp through the whole song last night. In all honesty I was surprised he even made the top ten. I was sorry to see Tyler go. Last night he was definitely Elvis rather than motown but he is gone too soon. It feels like they are rushing to get the performers kicked of wihtout giving them the opportunity to develop through the weeks the way American Idol did.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    I guess that will happen with double and triple eliminations over the past two shows - can anyone confirm that it is singles from here on to the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Liant
    1 good thing - no more Motown theme nights - it would be great if they could have a Canadian theme every week
    I agree - there are a lot of Canadian hits and artist choices and they seemed to do a lot better overall.

IMO - Gary shoulda bin in the bottom three, but I think people thought he was in trouble more than Tyler, and I think the West vote was split. Gotta throw more Billy's way, if he deserves it next week, or he is toast. Boy did he look shocked on the hot seat - didn't look like he wanted or expected to go up there, especially after the judges comments about Gary the night previous.

One thing to check - with the spoiler warning - are people adhering to that? Doesn't bug me - but may to others (but a relatively smaller Fort base to start with to rock the boat).
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Masai & Pygmie
    I guess that will happen with double and triple eliminations over the past two shows - can anyone confirm that it is singles from here on to the finals?
    It's confirmed on their website.

"In addition to Klippert, the remaining finalists are Toya Alexis, 23, Ajax, ON; Gary Beals, 20, Dartmouth, NS; Jenny Gear, 21, Carbonear, NF; Ryan Malcolm, 23, Kingston, ON and Audrey de Montigny, 18, Ste. Julienne, QC. From here on in, one will be eliminated each week until the first Canadian Idol is crowned on Sept. 16."

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    I'm happy Happy. Thanks
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

I can't for the life of me understand why CTV didn't try to extend the schedule. Even after the first couple of episodes, they were drawing pretty good numbers. What else were they in a rush to air? Etalk Daily? Train 48? (sorry, wrong network)

Had they eliminated only 1 per week, we'd have 3 people with an extra shot to prove themselves and blow us away. 2-3 minutes isn't a huge amount of time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123