+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best of the rest - non-top 10 contestants

Best of the rest - non-top 10 contestants

Andrew and Sharon are obvious talents. Andrew may have a harder time making it big since there's nothing really that seperates him from the many faceless RnB crooners on MuchMusic. Well, except that wonderful range in his voice, which he should really try to take advantage of in a theatrical setting or on a cruise ship. Sharon has awesome potential. She just has to tone down her stage presentation and her attempts at vocal gymnastics. She's indeed "raw" but I think she just has to find a style that suits her. She can sing India Arie, Norah Jones, and the Jackson 5, all brilliantly. These are not over-the-top singers like Toya who it seems she's trying to emulate.

I was listening to audio of Tara Martel's top 10 performance and I noticed that her voice a remarkably similar to Sharon. If given another chance, I think she would've blown us away.

Joni wasn't my cup of tea but her performance was very interesting and very polished. Maybe she's too different for pop but she's probably better suited to jazz music. Is Diana Krall really the best Canada has to offer?

Quisha, Miranda, Faith and Marc have the voices but need more polish and experience. If their heart is truly in it, with a little luck they should see some success in building a career in music.

Kelly-Ann and Nicole were robbed of a second chance. There's no doubt in my mind they'll be successful in whatever musical avenue they choose.

Kevin Murdock would be perfect as the lead in The Phantom of the Opera. While he's in Toronto, he should really try out for a musical or two.

Sherry who?
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-31-2003 at 07:50 PM.

I think Andrew, Miranda, and Faith were the best of those who didn't make it to top 10. Sharon was also really good, though she didn't do well with song selection in the wild card. I didn't like her performance at all, but if she'd picked a song that suited her more she'd probably have done well.

I think that these guys could make money doing something with their voices... but I don't think that it would be easy for any of them to become very famous singers. There's only room for a certain number of celebrities in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue

Kelly-Ann and Nicole were robbed of a second chance. There's no doubt in my mind they'll be successful in whatever musical avenue they choose.

Kevin Murdock would be perfect as the lead in The Phantom of the Opera. While he's in Toronto, he should really try out for a musical or two.
    Nicole & Kevin were the best to not make it to the Top 11. Why Nicole wasn't even invited to the wild card is hard to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Liant
    Why Nicole wasn't even invited to the wild card is hard to explain.
    She didn't get enough votes during her Group 2 performance ( I thought she had a wonderful voice too ). The Wild Card competitors (except Kevin) were all the highest votes. That's why she wasn't invited back to the wild card show.

If I were to predict future stars out of the non-top 10s, it would be Sharon, Marc, and Kelly-Ann. All 3 have the look to go with their great voices.

+ Reply to Thread