+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why did America's Most Talented Kid do good in the ratings but not American Juniors?

Why did America's Most Talented Kid do good in the ratings but not American Juniors?

They both have the same idea. Maybe AMTK was enough for people so they didnt want to watch AJ. Another reason could be becase AJ debut in the summer which is not a good time for good ratings.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    They both have the same idea. Maybe AMTK was enough for people so they didnt want to watch AJ. Another reason could be becase AJ debut in the summer which is not a good time for good ratings.

I think obviously AJ was targeting AI viewers. The ratings were good for the first two shows as they showed a lot of variety. After that it just got boring, and frankly, there is a lot of mediocre talent on this show.

FORT Fan
    Well actually it didnt have wonderful ratings...I watched some of the shows *lol...yes I saw morgan once....

I jusy checked the ratings at futoncritic....most talented kid started at number 22...it had one really bad week over easter, dropped to 76 but then finished the final week at 36....respectable...it was in season then, the numbers of viewers of course higher, but this is the ratings number...

now...juniors has fallen a LOT...the wed show is really doing pretty bad...#52 last week...

I personally think the 2 nites a week stuff is too much and that is hurting this...it is simply NOT as good as idol...one nite a week, ok...2 nites in a row?? The tues nite is not doing as bad...

Not worth watching weds...I tape weds myself..

The truly awful song choices/themes might also be making people "tune out"???
    these are just some of MY ideas...not nec right or wrong LOL...

FORT Regular
    I think the themes and the gosh-awful song choices are killing AJ more than any other factor.

The results shows are a complete waste of time on AJ. They could easily find more interesting ways to fill the time.

In AI they showed clips of the contestants going to premiers, at the mansion, going to a spa, etc. One time they intervied the AI One contestants about life in the mansion, who had the messiest room (Kelly) & stuff like that. It was pretty good.

AI2 made a mistake by filling the time on the results show with an audience question & answer session, which was really stupid & boring. The guest singers on AJ are a similar waste of time.

As it is now, the group sings and the actual results are the only reason to watch. And those segments last a fraction of the show's time.

AMTK had really bad ratings, too.

You took the words right out of my mouth Stlouischili.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Fanatic
    America's Most Talented Kid had very good ratings its debut week, but consistently dropped.

Fact is, I think the overdose of kids shows, let alone reality shows, has soured most shows off. I mean, when re-runs of Law & Order are still destroying new reality show episodes, you know something's wrong.

Plus, AMTK was also geared towards the Ed audience, which got stronger when it moved to Friday nights. The AI audience was disappointed after the first few episodes, and that's all FOX really went after. AI had a strong teen, young-adult audience, which is why it was suitable alongside That 70s Show on Wednesdays. But, a lot of T7S fans would feel immature watching American Juniors, and let's face it, very few people tuned in for T7S or Paradise Hotel are in the market for American Juniors.

Plus, I think the whole concept turned a lot of fans of AI off because they considered AI to be a great idea for a talent show. I don't think people wanted to see it exhausted into a kid's show with talent that can't compare to the real thing. One girl I know (16 yrs old) who was a big AI fan is extremely pissed that her mother bought a load of tickets for an AJ show and doesn't want to go. She's never seen it, so that right there tells you the impression some AI fans have towards this concept.

FORT Fanatic
    Oh, and plus, even to this date, FOX STILL plugs the "parent's reactions" as much as the kids. Is it just me or do the parents have very minimal roles these days.. well, except Chantel's father.

I think people are confused into thinking this is too much of a "spoiled brat reality show" instead of a talent show with kids who are great for their age.

Oh, and plus, even to this date, FOX STILL plugs the "parent's reactions" as much as the kids. Is it just me or do the parents have very minimal roles these days.. well, except Chantel's father.
    Exactly, I've noticed that, too. With the exception of the audition shows, the parents have been great and have stayed in the background. With the stage parent antics gone, AJ's probably lost a lot of adult viewers.

Another thing is that a lot of people got their kids talent show fix from AMTK. Kinda like how Britney Spears was the first pop princess and has had the most popularity, even though the ones that came after her were just as good or better.
    Last edited by Shell76; 07-28-2003 at 04:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread