+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let me know your opinions.....

FORT Fan
    I have no idea why Danielle has not been voted in yet. She has been consistent and flawless. She and Lucy could very well be the best in the competition. Why aren't they getting voted in? I honestly have no idea. America is obviously not voting on talent. I actually really enjoyed Danielles song choice last week. I don't think she is bland and boring at all. She seems like a nice girl with an absolutely amazing voice. This show really doesn't give you a chance to even get to know these kids personalities. If Danielle is bland and boring how about everybody else in the competition! Each kid goes out there, sings there song, listens to the judges comments, tries to get people to vote for them and then goes off stage! Maybe some would say Danielle is bland and boring compared to Chauncey and Tori because they have a cuteness factor but personally, I find that pretty boring.
    Singers like Danielle and Lucy have not been voted in yet because of basically song choice. They really need to pull off a fun, upbeat, belt it out performance and its kind of sad that, that's what they have to do to be voted into the group when all Tori has to do is give a mediocre performance and get voted into the group. America needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by claytina9098
    I have no idea why Danielle has not been voted in yet. She has been consistent and flawless. She and Lucy could very well be the best in the competition. Why aren't they getting voted in? I honestly have no idea. America is obviously not voting on talent. I actually really enjoyed Danielles song choice last week. I don't think she is bland and boring at all. She seems like a nice girl with an absolutely amazing voice. This show really doesn't give you a chance to even get to know these kids personalities. If Danielle is bland and boring how about everybody else in the competition! Each kid goes out there, sings there song, listens to the judges comments, tries to get people to vote for them and then goes off stage! Maybe some would say Danielle is bland and boring compared to Chauncey and Tori because they have a cuteness factor but personally, I find that pretty boring.
    Singers like Danielle and Lucy have not been voted in yet because of basically song choice. They really need to pull off a fun, upbeat, belt it out performance and its kind of sad that, that's what they have to do to be voted into the group when all Tori has to do is give a mediocre performance and get voted into the group. America needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree. Danielle and Lucy have been the two best and most consistent so far.

And I don't get all this talk of Danielle being boring...she actually has alot of stage presence...she goes up there and really works that camera and adds just enough gestures to really "sell" the song. I'm not making comparisons, but saying Danielle is boring is like saying that Whitney Houston and Celine Dion are boring (just because they don't move around).

Danielle is doing what a singer is supposed to be doing performance-wise. She's actually the only performer who I can't find one thing wrong with what she's doing.

I would much prefer watching a singer who gives very focused performances like Danielle over singers who are constantly moving around the stage and focusing more on their choreography than their vocals...all that stuff can become distracting, especially when it's overdone.
    Last edited by TheTruth; 07-18-2003 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth

I agree. Danielle and Lucy have been the two best and most consistent so far.

And I don't get all this talk of Danielle being boring...she actually has alot of stage presence...she goes up there and really works that camera and adds just enough gestures to really "sell" the song. I'm not making comparisons, but saying Danielle is boring is like saying that Whitney Houston and Celine Dion are boring (just because they don't move around).

Danielle is doing what a singer is supposed to be doing performance-wise. She's actually the only performer who I can't find one thing wrong with what she's doing.

I would much prefer watching a singer who gives very focused performances like Danielle over singers who are constantly moving around the stage and focusing more on their choreography than their vocals...all that stuff can become distracting, especially when it's overdone.
    Oh yah, true, but the problem with being like Celine or Whitney, they don't attract the teeny crowd. The first thing that comes to mind about a teen pop group, actually IS about jumping around on stage and distracting people, *whispers* so the kids watching won't focus on their vocals. *hint hint*

FORT Regular
    Thank you Claytina9098!!! You have said exactly what I've been thinking since the voting started!!! danielle.....Danielle.....DANI ELLE!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123