+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Clay Aiken, Part VIII

FORT Fanatic
    WRAL has a little newsy report about the Smoking Gun letters... http://www.wral.com/entertainment/2330000/detail.html

nothing new, but it doesn't make Clay fans look too good.
    Why is it that kamikaze gnats always aim for my drink?

We should write nice letters that prove not all crazy Clay fans are snide, mean and short-sighted...some Clay fans are cool and...Clayzy...not at the expense of Ruben or anybody else...just crazy for Clay. Not hateful...

just thinkin'...

Quote Originally Posted by QueenP
    I saw today that the TRL show on MTV is gonna show something from the AI concert tour on Thursday.
    Ooooo...ooooo.....

Does that mean that MTV will be at the Wilkes-Barre show on Wed?? The show I'M going to???? The one I'm in the 2nd row for????

Yeah right. What the heck would MTV want to ever venture out to Wilkes-Barre, PA for? Wishful thinking....
    In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

FORT Newbie

clay on oprah question!

hello,
    Does anybody have all of clay's screencaps on oprah..?
    if u do can u send them to me??

melinda

FORT Fanatic
    Grant.....you forgot to add ignorant to your list.

My reply button seems to have disappeared again, so I had to make a new post.

anyway, writing nice intelligent letters may be a good thing. I detest being lumped into the Clayfan catagory when certain Claymates write such nasty, immature things.
    When will they learn that it doesn't make Clay look any better when they put Ruben down? All they manage to do is make Claymates look like a bunch of sore losers that Ruben won, and we end up looking like a bunch of idiots. I get so angry at what I read on some of the boards. The lengths these women will go thru to keep him on top. One woman my age suggested that they all send letters en masse to a music recommendation site recommending that everyone buy Clays album, just to keep him on the top seller list. Brilliant strategy, except the album isn't even out yet, so how can they recommend it? But, they don't seem to realize that. I would prefer Clay be on top, and become a star because he is one, not by manipulation.
    and while I have my mini-rant going.....Calling for a recount of the votes is a moot point. First of all, AI is over, and more importantly, AI had the ultimate decision on who they wanted to win the AI title. Even if it was someone else, they had the choice to name a different winner if they so chose, and they are under no obligation to tell us if they decided to change the winner or not. End of rant.
    Why is it that kamikaze gnats always aim for my drink?

I vaguely remember a Hooters discussion. Here is a gossip column posted today (I think):
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/464/3986947.html

Pasbrig, owner of Taco John's franchises in Savage and Rosemount, took a night off from Mexican fare to dine at Hooter's a week before the "AI" show at St. Paul's X. Pasbrig was entertaining a cousin from Denmark, Maria Vingaard, at the MOA restaurant when Cindy's brother Gary Lund saw Clay Aiken. "I said, 'No, it is not," said Pasbrig. She reversed course when she saw Kimberley behind Clay. "I saw Clay and said, 'Can I get a picture?' and he said, Sure. We got our picture and then he said, Well, Ruben's on his way. I said, 'How come you're at Hooter's?' " Pasbrig asked. Excellent question. "He said, Because that's where Ruben wanted to eat. I said, 'Well, how come Ruben gets to decide and he said, Because he's bigger than I am. I thought that was funny," laughed Pasbrig.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishin-I-was-24
    Grant.....you forgot to add ignorant to your list.

My reply button seems to have disappeared again, so I had to make a new post.

anyway, writing nice intelligent letters may be a good thing. I detest being lumped into the Clayfan catagory when certain Claymates write such nasty, immature things.
    When will they learn that it doesn't make Clay look any better when they put Ruben down? All they manage to do is make Claymates look like a bunch of sore losers that Ruben won, and we end up looking like a bunch of idiots. I get so angry at what I read on some of the boards. The lengths these women will go thru to keep him on top. One woman my age suggested that they all send letters en masse to a music recommendation site recommending that everyone buy Clays album, just to keep him on the top seller list. Brilliant strategy, except the album isn't even out yet, so how can they recommend it? But, they don't seem to realize that. I would prefer Clay be on top, and become a star because he is one, not by manipulation.
    and while I have my mini-rant going.....Calling for a recount of the votes is a moot point. First of all, AI is over, and more importantly, AI had the ultimate decision on who they wanted to win the AI title. Even if it was someone else, they had the choice to name a different winner if they so chose, and they are under no obligation to tell us if they decided to change the winner or not. End of rant.
    The current nasty letters aren't the problem, it's the media's focus on only those letters that's the real problem. I mean, yes, they were nasty, blah blah blah, but in reality, I'm positive there are nut-job wing-nut fans of every performer ever to have opened their lips, who probably all send crazy letters to media giants, and who all do strange and odd things, but the fact is, the media chose to only focus on the crazy ones. Not much you can do about that. I mean, there probably were some nice letters that they chose to not focus on. New nice letters won't change the fact that they'll focus on ratings, and ratings would be better served by crazy wack-job letters versus nice, intelligent, wonderful prose.

Thanks for the Hooter's info, Pankaren.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Wishin-I-was-24
    I would prefer Clay be on top, and become a star because he is one, not by manipulation.

Well said..........I just want to move on already. It's over, Clay has had great success so far, Ruben's doing great........enough already.

I also want Clay to be a star by his own account and not because things were manipulated. I believe he has enough talent and star quality to get there himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaramarie
    Well said..........I just want to move on already. It's over, Clay has had great success so far, Ruben's doing great........enough already.

If only more people felt this way...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaramarie

I also want Clay to be a star by his own account and not because things were manipulated. I believe he has enough talent and star quality to get there himself.
    Yes, and what's the point of focusing on the contest anymore anyway? The man is already doing extremely well, focusing on this type of thing takes away from his current success (at least I think so).
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread