+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: age of fans to age of contestants-just wondering

FORT Fogey
    All I know is that age not mattering, America must be deaf or retarded, because they are NOT making the correct choices. I'm 14, if that matters. I think the sisters don't have as much talent as some of the others, aren't cute, and they're annoying and bratty to me. Anyways, back to your opinions.

-Rach

FORT Fanatic
    All I know is that age not mattering, America must be deaf or retarded, because they are NOT making the correct choices.
    I think that's a really blanket comment as I personally don't enjoy being called deaf or retarded, esp. given the nature of both words and the fact neither is something to joke around with. I do take that as a personal insult, and we can just as easily insult you about your choice, but that would be extremely juvenile.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

I'm with Dani on this one. Using the term "retarded" or calling someone a "retard" is not only juvenille, it shows an incredible lack of character. Using the term as a general insult is degrading and prejudicial to mentally retarded persons. Do you steal canes from blind people? Stare or laugh at the handicapped? It's no different. Mentally retarded individuals are HUMAN BEINGS with REAL FEELINGS. Only someone without a conscience could feel comfortable spewing such filth.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smig
    I do agree with your point that this is more a popularity contest than anything else; however, "people who take music seriously" actually prefer vocal talent over all else. Perhaps the lack of fan base for these individuals is based the fact that few people are taking the music part of it seriously.

It would be great to have a contest like this where the contestants can ONLY be heard, not seen. Sort of like playing a CD or listening to the radio.

As for the "age" issue, I think the older we get, the more sophisticated our pallets become and, generally, the best singers will matter over looks, attire, personality, or parental promotion.
    What I was trying to say is that a person who takes music seriously can hear that someone like Lucy is a very talented vocalist...but there are so many talented vocalists out there that can you really see the music buying public purchasing a Lucy Hale album?

It is much easier for me to see alot of people running out to purchase music by Tori and Taylor because they are "kid artists" and understand that fact...they don't try to act too grown up.

In the context of this show, Lucy is very talented...but outside of the show, she is really just a 13 year old trying to act like she's 20...when someone is 13, the public would probably want to see them act like they are 13. I don't think that the public wants to hear a 13 year old Celine Dion...it's a very tough sell.

18 - danielle, morgan (and grace)

I'm 16 (almost 17!! ) and my favorites are Taylor, Tori, Danielle, and Jordan.
    I Love American Juniors!!!
    Congratulations to DANIELLE WHITE! Lucy Hale, Chauncey Matthews, and Taylor and Tori Thompson!

umm
    "age is just a number, and mine's unlisted"
    LOL, thats my motto...
    But i think that A.J. appeals to everyone! He's adorable..

Morgan's Future Wife LovingMorganB's Avatar
    I'm coming up on 16 soon, and my faves are Morgan, Chauncey, and Danielle.

My least faves are Jordan and Lucy.

FORT Fogey
    Lighten up please

FORT Fogey
    Well, I didn't know you guys were THAT sensitive. I'm sorry if it personally affended you. I guess I just can take a lot of crap, therefore thought you could. Again, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't think before I posted it. Anyways, back to the topic please. And if you have an issue or comment, PM me instead of posting it here.

-Rach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast