+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Gear

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The Vincent comparision was a bit un-nerving.

People won't understand her till she's dead OR Her genius was driven by insanity.
    I don't like either, though in a warped kind of way I understand what he was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by clays_babe
    I CANT BELIEVE SHE MADE IT!!! omg i dont think she can sing at all... she has this, i dunno, 'throat'ish sound...she sounds terrible..reminds me of carmen from American Idol... and when she sings she looks like shes high or stoned or something... i cant believe nicole didnt make it! oh well...all i know is, i dont like jenny, so she doesnt have my vote...how could canada vote her thru?
    You are correct.
    The Goat must go!!
    Join me in prayer.

I really don't like her voice at all.

I do question myself as to what I'm missing as the judges seem so taken with her.

I actually cringe watching her strange facial expressions and her attempts at dancing.
    Even her initial audition performance that left the judges in tears left me cold.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It's Newfoundland thing. She's a Newf to her toes. She has the same kind of appeal as Stompin Tom. Canadian to the core, and not giving a crap what's popular.

I find that I have to be in the mood for her. Sometimes, like when she sang Tower of Song, I really dig her. Other times, like last night, I just wasn't feeling it. I certainly do respect that she hasn't changed herself and is true to her roots.

She is fun to watch when she's really enjoying herself.

I like reading other people's opinions on Jenny because, as I've said, I just don't "get" her.

I'm not really into folkie type of music, or jazz and I think they're probably her strongest genres to perform in.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I like reading other people's opinions on Jenny because, as I've said, I just don't "get" her.

I'm not really into folkie type of music, or jazz and I think they're probably her strongest genres to perform in.
    I don't "get" her either, though I must admit, she did far better with Motown than many of the other more pop-influence singers. That must have been a surprise to many viewers.

As for folk style music, I'd much prefer singers like Rita MacNeil, Gordon Lightfoot and Joni Mitchell.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Luv her or hate her - she's no chameleon or minah bird. I guess in some respects, every song that she does, she will make it her own. And some people like that or just don't get it and vote anyways.

Personally prefer unique vocals and style rather than smooth R&B - like Diane Schuur, Joan Armatrading, Phoebe Snow, Diane Krall.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by NF19
    At least you guys are nicer than the people at the Canadian Idol boards. Jenny has aton of fans there but the ones who don't like her are very nasty, call her retarded, make fun of Newfoundland (one persons screen name is newfie hater for God's sake!)
    I agree NF19, I have read some of the threads about Jenny on the CI message boards, and some have been pretty bad.
    Fine if she is not your favorite but the name calling is uncalled for.

I will commend the people on these boards for not trashing those they do not like on such a personal level.

+ Reply to Thread