+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon on Howard's

Originally posted by camsgran
    Didn't I read that Simon had to defend his own sexuality? On some show they asked him if he was gay, and he denied it. What goes around, comes around.
    Yep, just recently:

http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/new...l&siteid=79490

70-100 women? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I found that amusing. Simon says in one breath that he doesn't have to ask Clay about his sexual orientation, he can tell by just one look. Next thing you know, Simon's p*ssed because someone's sized him up in like manner!

Shadowgrl
    I... Clearly, at least to me, the reason Clay appears to present as somehow effeminate at times is because he was imprinted upon strongly by his mother at a young age. ...
    I think you're right. I have noticed that Clay's "s" sounds are sometimes (not always) very soft and muted (which probably has a lot to do with the "gay" label). Then I noticed recently: his mom talks just the same way. He was, IIRC, without a father figure in the household from about age 1 to at least age 3 -- crucial years for language and speech pattern development. No surprise he talks like his mom.

I'm afraid Clay is in it for the long haul. Until he dates, marries and has children the speculation is gonna be there. Heck, even after these things happen, unfortunately.
    Yeah, unfortunately, a guy can marry, father a dozen kids, and, as far as anyone knows, be totally faithful to his wife, and if folks have decided he's gay, it won't deter them from that opinion.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I don't understand why Simon has to continue his Clay put-downs. The other day he told another interviewer that Clay was ugly. Clay has been careful not to put Simon down. On the contrary, he has defended him on many occasions, making excuses for his surly behavior. Simon continues to show himself as a shallow, insecure little man. He hides behind a defensive wall, shooting before he feels he can be fired upon. I don't find him clever or witty, just a pitiful bully.

Originally posted by ruben_of_205
    I disagreed with you on this. If he does what 19E or Fox tell him to do, I doubt that he would be ditching American Junior. And also, you might have a point if American Idol is still going on but AI is over and done with. So doesn't make sense.
    I would be very surprised if 19E or Fox even asked Simon to participate in American Junior. He certainly doesn't mesh with the image they seem to be aiming for on that show.

I think Simon is "honest" when it suits him. He's an expert at marketing himself at this point and I'm impressed with him for that reason.

For anybody who wants to weigh in their opinion on Simon and how important he is for American Idol 3, you can vote here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/index.html

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Drivel.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I sounds to me that this has turned to a Clay thread... I guess there can never be too many, eh John?

Honestly, I listened to the entire conversation on the radio, and Clay was mentioned for all of 15 seconds when Howard asked about his sexuality and the irony of his single outselling Ruben's.

I know that I will get stoned for this one, but why on earth is it still such an issue that Simon likes Ruben over Clay? He's entitled to his own opinions, right? I mean, his opinion obviously hasn't skewed billboard results, so what is the big hangup with Simon not liking Clay? It's over, and Clay is more famous than God at this point so no one should be complaining!

Last edited by dvm; 06-26-2003 at 11:35 AM.

dvm, I don't think it's an issue that Simon likes Ruben more than Clay. But now that AI2 is over (so Simon's "nasty judge barbs at Clay aren't needed for the show's ratings or to to get Rube to the final), it makes me think less of Simon to be calling any of the fans' favorites "ugly." And to essentially call Clay not only "gay" but a liar is totally out of line, IMO.

So if this is turning into a "Clay thread" it's because Simon's statements provoked comment. (A snake can spew a lot of venom in 15 sec.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Fan
    The issue isn't whether Simon perfers Ruben over Clay. My goodness, the man picked Carmen out of 200 other potential wildcards to be in the Final 12.

The concern is that Clay's career is just beginning and negative comments such as Simon's could have an effect on Clay's future.

If Simon were to say, "I never really cared for Clay's singing," then fine. If he were to say, "I always thought Ruben was the most talented of the twelve," then fine.

But that's not what he said. And what he did say was at best improper, at worst bully/cruel, and either way unnecessary.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    We are all entitled to our own opinions--- that includes Simon Cowell! People will always talk, people will always have opinions.
    If Simon thinks Clay is ugly or gay that's his opinion!

I like Clay, I also happen to like Simon.

+ Reply to Thread