+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Julie Dubela - Group 1

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    I like her, she deserved to be in the Top Ten. I would replace Chauncey with her. She has a good voice. The song she sang, I didn't understand it, but I'm young, how would I?

Sucks is a terrible word! You should be ashamed of yourself!
    I was in love with a difficult man.

FORT Regular
    Julie wanted to sing something more upbeat, but was stuck with Rainy Days. And...believe it or not the ending of her song was changed right before she went on. If she appeared nervous it was because she was beside herself, broken down in tears, worrying about singing the end of a song that she did not like anyway, unrehearsed. This did not happen to anyone else. Considering the circumstances she did a pretty good job with it...btw, not an easy song to sing. Although now she feels like she would have been better off with some Disney song that she could sing in her sleep. There really are not that many age appropriate songs out there that show much range.

FORT Fogey
    I actually thought she did a really good job and chose her to move on over Katelyn, but I don't call in and vote, so I can't complain (besides she was only #5 on my list).

FORT Fanatic
    I can't stand her choice in music. She's 12, not 30. I think if she stuck to something that wasn't so adult (her audition song still has me rolling my eyes), perhaps she would've gotten more votes. Of all teh songs in the world....why the carpenters?
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

One Large Iced Cappucino. javamunk's Avatar
    I've been rooting for Julie since the first time I saw her audition...

I was totally shocked when she didn't make the cut for the final 10... and of the kids that did make it... I'd say 2or 3 of them were considerably worse singers...

However, once again... when you have the public voting, you can't really complain... her song choice really wasn't the best. She went with something with a "sad" feel to it whereas most of the other children chose upbeat songs.

Oh well... life goes on... after all, they are only kids...
    I'm one of a kind. - Dolly I/II

FORT Regular
    Hi Dani321, I just want to say that I agree with you that many of the song choices are not age appropriate. No songs are intended for a 12 year old to sing...especially a child with a huge vocal range. What <besides Disney> do you think would be a good choice?

She looks like my friends girlfriend, although his g/f can't sing 1/2 as good as Julie can.
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

FORT Newbie
    when I first heard her she sang the LInda Ronstadt song and she was great. Regarding the 2nd time around: WHy in the world she wanted to do that stupid, OVER DONE song she did is beyond my imagination. She should have stuck with the Ronstadt songs instead of that dreary thing she did. POOR CHOICE OF SONG!!!

just to tell you, the producers picked that song for her. So it wasn't her fault if you thought it was too grown up.
    ~*~~*~Julie is still my American Junior!

Don't give up on your dream Julie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast