+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Internet Polls

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    ruben of 205. Why don't you get THESE Ruben fans in check before you start worrying about Clay's. At least Clay's are enthusiastic about his career. On Bolt, the only thing that hey talk about on the Ruben board is how much they hate CLay and his fans.

I was just over at Bolt(ewww), but the thing that I found very interesting was not the Clay fans, but the immaturity and snobbery of the Ruben fans. They truly *HATE* Clay over there on the Ruben board. Hate is not a strong enough of word to describe it. they ar so darn smug about how Ruben won adn they tell Clay fans to get over it beccause Clay is not a true Idol, he won't sell, he's gay, he's ugly, yadda yadda, and that Ruben won by a landslide (WTF!?!?!) and then they have practically a whole thread (122 posts!) about how it is just SOOO unfair that Clay is getting the same treatment as Ruben (they said e is riding on Ruben's coattails- whatever) That just made me mad. I wonder if this is the mindset of the majority of Ruben fans? are they all tha po'd that Clay is getting so much attention? Just an interesting observation. It seemed as if non of their posts were about supporting ruben or excitement over his career (liek Clay's board even though he lost) but bashing Clay and his fans.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

SweetBabyClay,

I've only been to the Bolt boards once before I discovered FORT but from what you said I am as annoyed by the Ruben fans' behaviour as you are. I am also a Ruben fan but I don't act anything like that.

I'm not upset in the least that they are sharing the spotlight. I like Clay. I'm sure the majority of Ruben fans agree with me and don't hold some grudge over Clay for "riding on Ruben's coattails."

I support Ruben and am enthusiastic about his career. I want him to succeed, and do not want Clay to fail.

The Ruben thread on the FORT is nothing like what you described. Everyone seems to genuinely support and care about Ruben. So, in answer to your question <b>no</b> that is not the mindset of the majority of Ruben fans. I don't think the BOLT is a good representaion of anyone's fans- they all seem very immature and rude over there.*

*I'm sure not every last person at those boards are, that's just the impression I got.
    Life's in technicolor
    Blues and reds so bright
    But in all the rainbows of the world
    I'm still in black and white.
    -A.C. Jones

i dont believe that all ruben fans are like that...i was just saying that if theyre going to say "clay fans" speaking of all of us like that then i could say all ruben fans too,...i dont think most ruben fans are like they are in bolt..and all clay fans arent that way either...i like it when we can all talk and get along because we share one thing, a love for a new performer..whether it be ruben or clay
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Originally posted by ruben_of_205
    Honest to god, even thought I don't like metallica, I would vote for him just to get Clay's fans in check.
    Ahem. I don't know if someone's mentioned this already, but Metallica is not a him. Metallica is a group.

I didn't even catch that, TB25.
    Life's in technicolor
    Blues and reds so bright
    But in all the rainbows of the world
    I'm still in black and white.
    -A.C. Jones

FORT Fan
    When I looked in on RollingStone.com a few minutes ago, Clay was at 72% (157713), and Metallica was at 26% (56747). Poor Radiohead and Steely Dan had 1% each.

I can come up with 4 reasons why Rolling Stone set up this poll. The first reason is curiousity ("gee, I wonder whose CD people want most to buy, Metallica or Radiohead. Let's put up a poll"). The second reason is to mock Clay ("hey, let's throw in Clay Aiken, heh heh heh. Rolling Stone readers are bound to put him last, heh heh"). The 3rd reason is someone at Rolling Stone. com is a Clay fan ("I bet you'll be surprised at how many votes Clay gets. I think he's great"). The 4th and to my mind most likely reason is to test the waters. If Clay gets a lot of votes, Rolling Stone knows he has a fan base that would be likely to buy an issue that features him.

Polls such as this one serve much the same function as newspaper articles pointing out Clay's sales on Amazon. They legitimacize him. Clay fans understand that Clay has to overcome the stigma of the runner-up label. Everytime Clay outdoes someone (be it Ruben, Metallica, or whoever else lurks in his immediate future), it says to a skeptical world that Clay Aiken is a star in the making (and his fans are a force to be reckoned with).

Hug me!

wh Y?

The reason is quite simple. Clay's fans are certainly quite familiar with the term "backslash". Like how Ruben was backslashed because Clay's fans think that Ruben was overpraised by the judges/media but in this case, Clay gets the backslash because of his fans.

p.s. SweetBabyClay, there are always some bad apples in every group. In fact, I am considered to be a bad apple for Ruben's fan as well. But I don't care, I said what I feel. Isn't freedom of speech GREAT ?

Of course clayalltheway, Iwon't go overboard and vote for matallica over and over just to get back to Clay's fans. I am just saying if I happen to come across a poll with Clay competing neck to neck with someone else, I would vote for that someone else and then go on my way.

TB25, I don't even know who metallica is/are, I don't listen to them. But you know that's not my point. I am just using metallica as an example.

but that doesnt make sense...i dont get why you would do that..how would that teach clay fan's a lesson...?? hmmm....
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Originally posted by clayalltheway
    but that doesnt make sense...i dont get why you would do that..how would that teach clay fan's a lesson...?? hmmm....
    Oh, for the love of God, just let it go...please...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lobeck
    Oh, for the love of God, just let it go...please...:rolleyes:
    A song comes to mind----
    "He aint heavy, He's My Brother"-The Hollies
    The road is long
    With many a winding turn
    That leads us to who knows where
    Who knows when
    But I'm strong
    Strong enough to carry him
    He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
    His welfare is of my concern
    No burden is he to bear
    We'll get there
    For I know
    He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
    I'm laden with sadness
    That everyone's heart
    Isn't filled with the gladness
    Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
    From which there is no return
    While we're on the way to there
    Why not share
    And the load
    Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother
    He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

I think this is SO STUPID that Ruben and Clay fans cant just get along!!!!!! Clay and Ruben get along, so we should too!!! Lets all just love one another and be glad we both got artists who have truly touched our lives from the AI2 experience. They both deserve to be here. Lets be happy for the others success and not fight!!!

+ Reply to Thread