+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there ever be a DVD?

Will there ever be a DVD?

Just curious- does anyone know if there will ever be a DVD of the episodes, or hightlights of the episodes? I wish I had taped them when I had the chance....

They did one for Season 1, so I imagine they'll do one for Season 2...

Speaking the truth...
    I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this:

Will FOX broadcast a "concert special" like they did last year? I think the one last year was from Las Vegas. Has anyone heard anything?
    That is just my opinion, I could be wrong -- But I'm not!

FORT Newbie
    The season 1 was just a highlights thing. It was good, but I wish there would have been a lot mroe to it.

I haven't heard anything about a concert, but I would love to see one on TV. Last season they were advertising the concert special the week after the show ended, so I am a bit surprised we haven't heard anything about one yet. Maybe they are too busy getting ready for the tour to do another show or are afraid a televised concert would hurt ticket sales for the tour. Maybe after the tour they will do a concert special??

I've been surprised I haven't heard anything about a DVD highlighting season 2. Surely they will make one? I'm not sure of the best place to look for news on if and when it will be available. I guess check the AI official web site???

I didn't know they televised the concert from season one. I'd love to watch the concert from this year. I hope they do televise one of the concerts.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Daphne
    How long after the first show did the DVD come out?

According to Amazon it was released Oct 15, 2002 or about 6 weeks after the show ended. I read somewhere that sales weren't what they hoped so maybe there won't be one.

Originally posted by yoyo4321
    According to Amazon it was released Oct 15, 2002 or about 6 weeks after the show ended. I read somewhere that sales weren't what they hoped so maybe there won't be one.
    I could be totally wrong, but I think there would be a lot of interest in a Clay/Ruben performances DVD. I didn't start taping the show until the last two weeks, and I really wish I had all of Clay's performances now.

Personally, I would gladly buy an AI2 DVD if I knew it had a bunch of the best full performances on it. Seems like they could put a lot of footage on a 2-hour DVD. I wouldn't want a lot of "filler" like the banter between Paula and Simon or the footage of Carmen's birthday party.
    In fact, I'd hope they would not spend much time on the judges' comments. Maybe just the ones where they pretty much all agreed.
    Mainly, I'd love to have a DVD of as many of the performance highlights as possible, including the best performance from each contestant. Maybe about 15 min. of the DVD would be highlights of the early auditions.

DK if they'd do it, but I think it would sell. Fans of Clay, Ruben, and Kim alone would buy a ton of them.

I have no doubt that they will make a DVD- it will surely be a much bigger money maker than the first season and you know that is is all about the money!:rolleyes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast