+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trenyce or Tamyra

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    As much as I like Trenyce (and yes I would buy her CD), I would have to go with Tamyra on this one.

Tamyra's performances (and I'm not just talking about singing...the whole package) were the best of both seasons...including Kelly's. Trenyce has a wonderful voice, but her performances don't even compare to Tamyra's IMHO.

Everyone mentions House Is Not A Home (which was good), but she was outstanding on Minnie the Moocher and Fool In Love as well. I always looked forward to a Tamyra performance...not necessarily the case with Trenyce.
    I agree

I never felt as though Tamyra would step up and give a below par performance, I often felt that was with Trenyce.
    Minnie the Moocher was the only thing that made Big Band night bareable for me.
    I know people loved Stuff Like That There, but I couldn't wait for it to be over.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by John
    What bothered me about her performance style?

2) Her pointing to her head every time she said "think" or "head" or "mind", like we didn't get the connection.
    I second that!

Whenever I see a singer makes gestures that go along to the lyrics, I call it "The Hokey Pokey". With Tamyra, it just seemed so natural.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...

Liat

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liat
    I second that!

Whenever I see a singer makes gestures that go along to the lyrics, I call it "The Hokey Pokey". With Tamyra, it just seemed so natural.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out...

Liat
    Then it's a good thing you never caught Harlemm from the Fame competition.

For my 2 cents, I really enjoyed Trenyce's mannerisms, including the tapping business. People seem to have made a mountain out of a mole hilll, imo. Overall, I thought she came off as classy both on and off stage.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina
    Then it's a good thing you never caught Harlemm from the Fame competition.

For my 2 cents, I really enjoyed Trenyce's mannerisms, including the tapping business. People seem to have made a mountain out of a mole hilll, imo. Overall, I thought she came off as classy both on and off stage.
    Man, Some peeps just need to get a life. Trenyce is awesome! Simply put, she had enough talent to have legitimately won it all. If Josh America hadn't gotten in her way, and she had got to do the extended performances that the final 3 got to do, .. who knows what might have happened. If Simon was concerned, because Kimberly had just had a good practice, .. he would have been biting his nails if Trenyce had been there,.. 'cause Kim "so" very forgotten already, and Trenyce has always been in a league above her in talent and personality. Now to Tamyra. I was all for her in AI1. But, I gotta tell the truth, .. Trenyce would own Tamyra in a headup competition. I have all their performances on MP3, and I play them in competition for family and friends, some of who have never seen American Idol, and they always without reserve award Trenyce with the crown. I have also been doing some exhaustive internet searches after each Concert city's local newspaper, to see what the local reporters thought of the tour. In almost every online paper I searched, .. Clay was the headliner, Ruben was talked about for his weight, .. and ... guess what ? Almost every paper made comments like ... "Wow, Trenyce turned out the best performance of them all!" .. ,, and, "When the dust settles, Trenyce may be only one of them all with a legitimate chance at a long term career in this business !" ...... Duh !!! Who with any eye/ear for talent, couldn't see this during the show ???!!! None of the other contestants, including Kim Locke are never mentioned individually, but Trenyce gets noted in almost every article. One of the papers I read, said and AI insider said Trenyce was to release a CD in October. Boy, I sure hope this is true. I read an interview with Trenyce in the Memphis Commercial Appeal, and she said that she's been contacted by many record labels, but she's very selective, and American Idols' RCA and J Records have first shot at signing any of the contestants.

u rock i rock lets kiss! ClayAiken#1Fan's Avatar
    Trenyce or Tamyra only Tamara beacuse she has a stronger voice. But I love Trenyce I know way more about her then Tamyra but trenyce can get better you know
    I lOvE clay aiken

tamyra all the way!!!!!!!

I really like Trenyce, and she can get better in time, but if I had to choose between her and Tamyra, I would probably choose Tamyra.

Hope both of them get a CD out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vannilla90
    This season 2 has clearly stated that Trenyce was the power house of the competition. Last season it was Tamyra but which do you prefer, I prefer Trenyce because I think that she can sing somewhat better than Tamyra and her style and stage presence was alot better than Tamyra's. Anyway thats just my opinion.

Trenyce was my favorite girl this year, and Tamyra was my favorite girl last year.... Trenyce has alot of stage presence , but Tamyra has a more powerful voice..... so if I ever had to pick between the two I would pick Tamya most definitely, JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssa
    Tamyra!

Trenyce was my second favorite female this year, but she doesn't come close to Tamyra. I'm anticipating her CD and I didn't even watch last season, only downloaded several of her songs.

(By the way, does anyone know when her CD comes out?)

Tamyra's voice is alot better, though I can't judge her stage presence, and "House is Not a Home" is probably my favorite song from AI1 and AI2.

Oh Yeah, Tamyra's rendition of " a House is Not a Home" was the most emotional performance of American Idol, both seasons.... she definitely blew off the roof with that one!!! JMO

Quote Originally Posted by leen g
    i missed idol last year but i went back and looked at some of it on the net and tamyra was great better than kelly i say but you know this is a numbers game and don't bet on it i watched all of idol 2 and ruben was my favorite but trenyce was my favorite in the woman

same here! Ruben is definitely my favorite, Trenyce was my second favorite this year, and without a doubt Tamyra was my favorite last year!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast