+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trenyce or Tamyra

What bothered me about her performance style?

Okay...Since you asked.

1) Her microphone tapping - sometimes loud enough to carry through to the speakers.

2) Her pointing to her head every time she said "think" or "head" or "mind", like we didn't get the connection.

3) Everything she did just seemed so rehearsed. Every little move of her hands, head, eyes, mouth, etc. All seemed like she was following a script right down to the minute detail. I hate that.

Sure, I might be out of touch. But I'm also part of a group who actually BUYS Cd's, rather than downloads them off Kazaa and burns them, and that's the group that counts, in the end.

And we all have different performance styles that we like - if we didn't, there would be just one single, very rich and popular, singer. The fact that there are thousands proves that everyone likes something a little different. Simply because I don't agree with you isn't the end of the world for our poor little Trenyce, so don't get defensive about it.

Let it go, Man .. let it go ...

Dude, .. Just let the hate go ..... (Afterall, you have a pic of Simon as your avatar :rolleyes: ) ... 'cause really, there's no other credible substance to all the things you just said.
    Peace,
    BigDrawz
    Last edited by BigDrawz; 06-05-2003 at 10:45 AM.

No, there's no credible substance to what I just said, because it's (all together now) MY OPINION. Yours may vary. It's not hating, it's how I personally feel. Do I care if anyone agrees with me? Nope.

Would I have even mentioned those specific things if you hadn't specifically asked? Nope.

Now, instead of looking at my avatar, you might want to look just above my avatar, and take a few deep breaths before responding to this.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    As much as I like Trenyce (and yes I would buy her CD), I would have to go with Tamyra on this one.

Tamyra's performances (and I'm not just talking about singing...the whole package) were the best of both seasons...including Kelly's. Trenyce has a wonderful voice, but her performances don't even compare to Tamyra's IMHO.

Everyone mentions House Is Not A Home (which was good), but she was outstanding on Minnie the Moocher and Fool In Love as well. I always looked forward to a Tamyra performance...not necessarily the case with Trenyce.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by realityluver
    As much as I like Trenyce (and yes I would buy her CD), I would have to go with Tamyra on this one.

Tamyra's performances (and I'm not just talking about singing...the whole package) were the best of both seasons...including Kelly's. Trenyce has a wonderful voice, but her performances don't even compare to Tamyra's IMHO.

Everyone mentions House Is Not A Home (which was good), but she was outstanding on Minnie the Moocher and Fool In Love as well. I always looked forward to a Tamyra performance...not necessarily the case with Trenyce.
    i think in Trenyce's case coz there has just been
    too much hype about Clay somehow..........
    i think one of the reasons is that the
    "talent vs look" thing still exists.............
    the reason Clay is still there is coz
    he is the best looking singer out of the "better" ones.
    so Clay has been hyped since the beginning,

while Trenyce was more like Kelly in AI1, the forgettable one,
    the reason she cant get hyped like Tamyra, so
    not a lot of people look forward to that........
    and the judges obviously favor Ruben...............

but even if Tamyra is in TOP 12 in AI II,
    she wont win, her voice is too usual,
    she'll have gone as far as Trenyce,
    but no further.........Trenyce's voice is way more unique,
    while Tamyra and Kimberly's voices are too "well-rounded"

Tamyra but Trenyce is the ish and the best of AI 2
    Mariah TLC Lil Kim Christina Jennifer Hudson Guy

Quote Originally Posted by vannilla90
    This season 2 has clearly stated that Trenyce was the power house of the competition. Last season it was Tamyra but which do you prefer, I prefer Trenyce because I think that she can sing somewhat better than Tamyra and her style and stage presence was alot better than Tamyra's. Anyway thats just my opinion.
    i thing trenyce had a stronger voice than tamyra i went back and looked at some of tamyra singing from last and she was good i liked her over kelly kelly was okay but you know america

Quote Originally Posted by coolman
    i think in Trenyce's case coz there has just been
    too much hype about Clay somehow..........
    i think one of the reasons is that the
    "talent vs look" thing still exists.............
    the reason Clay is still there is coz
    he is the best looking singer out of the "better" ones.
    so Clay has been hyped since the beginning,

while Trenyce was more like Kelly in AI1, the forgettable one,
    the reason she cant get hyped like Tamyra, so
    not a lot of people look forward to that........
    and the judges obviously favor Ruben...............

but even if Tamyra is in TOP 12 in AI II,
    she wont win, her voice is too usual,
    she'll have gone as far as Trenyce,
    but no further.........Trenyce's voice is way more unique,
    while Tamyra and Kimberly's voices are too "well-rounded"
    i agree with you on that one trenyce's voice is the strongest and she will go places looking forward to hearing her cd have anyone heard clay single invisible it suck he did better on idol than he did on that song

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver

i missed idol last year but i went back and looked at some of it on the net and tamyra was great better than kelly i say but you know this is a numbers game and don't bet on it i watched all of idol 2 and ruben was my favorite but trenyce was my favorite in the woman

Quote Originally Posted by jknjfan
    Tamyra definitely !!!! This lady shows a lot of class in her performance. Can't wait for her CD !
    do you know when her cd will be released just like the rest the date was pushed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast