+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trenyce or Tamyra

FORT Regular
    Tamyra vs. Trenyce sounds like a joke to me. In agreeance with an earlier post, I have to say that I never saw Trenyce as being on the same level as Tamyra or Kelly or Kim Locke.

I thought Trenyce needed to come into her own-too much Whitney, Leanne, Brandy or whomever she was singing at the given time and not enough of Trenyce. I think she should've made the top 4, but at the same time, I didn't think she was tramatically gypped by coming in 5th. :\

You don't know sin-gen! rockinyoursocks's Avatar
    Originally posted by CoolBean
    I thought Trenyce needed to come into her own-too much Whitney, Leanne, Brandy or whomever she was singing at the given time and not enough of Trenyce. I think she should've made the top 4, but at the same time, I didn't think she was tramatically gypped by coming in 5th. :\
    She always sung her songs in her own style, obviously you've never heard the originals of most of them.
    Trenyce Rocks Mine, Can I Rock Yours?

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Trenyce or Tamyra?

I like both of them, but they were completely different kinds of singers. Both give me pleasure. I expect to buy Tamyra's and Trenyce's CD.

Tamyra.

Daphne
    I would buy Tamyra's CD. The sun will come out Tamyra.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gandalf
    The sun will come out Tamyra.
    :rolleyes: <- that's the closest thing I could find to a groan smiley

Tamyra definitely !!!! This lady shows a lot of class in her performance. Can't wait for her CD !

Trenyce, .. Surprise !!!

My vote is for Trenyce. I'd never have believed it , if i hadn't just compared the two yesterday. I watched last season, and thought Tamyra was the best ever. A friend told me that he thought this years talent pool was better than last year's. I didn't think so, but couldn't really compare unless I heard them side by side, ... so I downloaded some stuff from the first season, and did some comparing. OMG !!!! ... What ??? ... Trenyce is even better than I thought ! .. When I compared Trenyce's performances to Tamyra's (As much as I like Tamyra)... Trenyce won without any doubt. They were both good, but Trenyce's voice was soo much more full, and every bit as much controlled as Tamyra's. Tamyra's voice is squeaky when compared to Trenyce's voice. That's not a hit against Tamyra, just an honest evaluation. Tamyra's voice is a more higher pitched type voice. Trenyce's voice is more full, and "In Stereo" sounding. Trenyce is ready to be recorded right now ! .. She has a comfort in front of crowds the others seem to have to work at. I burned a CD with every other song alternating between Tamyra and Trencye, and the honest fact is that Trencye would show up Tamyra in a head to head competition.

I only started watching AI1 the final 2 or 3 shows, so I missed Tamyra. I don't watch Boston Public, so I haven't seen her sing there (except for commercials). So my experience with her singing is pretty much limited to her SOTR performance on AI2. I hated the slow pace of the song, but I can see she's got a great voice.

Trenyce really bothered me a lot with her performance style, and I also disliked the throaty growl she always felt necessary to put into the song.

I guess, in short, I wouldn't be first in line to buy either of their albums, unless I heard a few songs on the radio and liked them.

Ok, tell me what ....

Tell me what bothered you about Trenyce's performance style ? This baffles me ! I hear people say "Trencye was good, but ...... " But what ??? Did the fact that Trenyce came out the box like she'd been at this before bother you ? Did you want her to stand in wet cement like all the others while she sang ? Was it the fact that she dressed each week for her performance, whereas all the others looked like someone interrupted their house cleaning, .. and exchanged their broom for a microphone ? I think Trenyce's performance style will be the hit of the upcoming Tour ! People want to rock and have fun at a concert. They want someone to get the party started and keep it that way. She exudes confidence when she has the mic. She sings and dances. She dresses the part. If you can't appreciate that, .. you might be a bit out of touch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast