+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamyra Gray to join cast of "Boston Public"

Tamyra Gray to join cast of "Boston Public"

(from the Billboard Magazine website...)

'Idol' Contestant Joins 'Boston Public' Cast

Tamyra Gray, a finalist on Fox television's talent show "American Idol," has joined the cast of the network's dramatic series "Boston Public." Gray, who is from Norcross, Ga., will portray a student in four episodes of the series, with her first appearance coinciding with the February sweeps.

"She gave a very impressive audition and while it's possible her character will sing, we are most interested in helping to launch her as a dramatic actress," said "Boston Public" executive producer Jason Katims.

As previously reported, Atlanta-born Justin Guarini, the runner-up on "American Idol," has been signed to a record contract with the U.K.-based 19 Recordings Limited, which is headed by the show's creator, Simon Fuller.

Gray and Guarini, along with "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson and the rest of the show's finalists, are out on a national concert tour. The trek stops next in San Antonio, Texas, tomorrow (Oct. 12), and will be out on the road through a Nov. 20 finale in Seattle.

I read the title of this post, and thought "What the heck???" - and now I'm even more disturbed.

Well, at least it's only for a 4-episode arc, John...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hmmm, that should be interesting....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yeah, and since I don't watch BP, I won't have to endure 4 hours of bad acting.

To all those who do, I feel your pain.

John

I've watched it before, but certainly not with any regularity...The times I've seen it, though, I've thought it was a pretty good show...

i like the guy on it that played phoebe's cop boyfriend. now, i'm aware this is not the only part he has played, but the only one i can remember.

that being said, good for tamyra! though i still won't watch BP with any regularity.

I've seen the show, but I have to say it's sort of weird....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Well, I watch BP and I think it's a powerful show dealing with today's eye-opening issues at our public schools. There have been time where the topics are a little weird, but for the most part, the show is very good. I think Tamyra would be a perfect fit for this show. Hopefully, her acting won't be that bad.

Wolf, I think I agreed up until the incident with the wacky lady and the fake hand after the basement tortures

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast