+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AI 13 Jena Irene

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

AI 13 Jena Irene

Q Where is your hometown?
    A Farmington HIlls, MI

Q Who is your greatest musical influence?
    A I usually draw inspiration from bands like Paramore, [and] Incubus. Bands that I usually have grown up listening to.

Q Why did you audition?
    A I auditioned for American Idol because I want my voice to be heard!

American Idol - Jena Irene
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-22-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: AI 13 Jena Irene

Come on, goddess! Win this!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I hope she stops correcting people when they say her name. It's annoying. And if her parents wanted her name to be pronounced the way she says, they should have spelled it Jeanna or Gina. Jena with long e is a town in Germany, but most English speeking are going to say it as Jenna.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope she stops correcting people when they say her name. It's annoying. And if her parents wanted her name to be pronounced the way she says, they should have spelled it Jeanna or Gina. Jena with long e is a town in Germany, but most English speeking are going to say it as Jenna.
    Don't you think it would be just a bit annoying to her as well? Since she has corrected them time & again & they still get it wrong, I'd be wondering what kind of idiots I am dealing with.

When your name is spelled in a way that is not likely to get the pronunciation you want, that's to be expected. I feel for people who have odd spelled names. I blame their parents who think it's cute to give someone a name that no one is likely to ever spell correctly. It may be unique, but it handicaps a person for the rest of their life.

And as bothered as Jena may be.....she's not going to win fans by constantly correcting people. It sounds to me that it's a terrible way to get started in the business. Cute girl though. She really reminds me of Chelsea from Teen Mom. Here's a photo. Chelsea's hair is darker now and she looks even more like her, but I think it's the personality too.

Chelsea Houska on Teen Mom 2
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-25-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Debb,

I understand what you are saying, but for cryin out loud, once should be enough. After she tells them the correct pronunciation of her name it is up to them to learn it & do the right thing. Sometimes, some people just need to be reminded. Over & over & over again.

FORT Fogey

I don't think she is that important to anybody

I get it, but people aren't that interested in remembering to pronounce someone's name in way that isn't natural looking to them. They may be very wrong, but if what she's doing isn't working, it's not working. I don't think that continuing to repeat it is going to suddenly start working. Now, with the judges and Ryan.....maybe. If she progresses, then they should eventually catch on. We'll see.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Up until this point, Majesty has been my fave girl with Jena in 3rd behind Jessica. Not anymore. While i still hope that Majesty does well, Jena has jumped to the top of the heap for the girls.

I think she could do really well with What's Up by 4 Non Blondes.

What's Up
    awesomekina23 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast